Loaded! Thai Airways hostess faces sack after bringing in brand name haul from Italy

webfact

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ezzra said:

In one of my earlier posts i have for many years now often noted and wondered why an air hostess need such a giant suitcase for what is suppose to be be an overnight flight, big enough, well, to bring back stuff one will presume...

About suitcases and bringing back stuff, 'in another lifetime' I have been running Duty Free (the real thing, not the KP scam) on a European airport, a department of was entirely focussed on serving ...airline crews. The value and quantity of goods, 'some' of them bought in one time (and many each time they were at our airport...) made it evident they had made it a profitable 'secundary activity' with a steady customers' base at home... Yes we knew it was 'contraband' where it went to, but for us it was not, as the goods were all legally exported. ...And they had to pack these goods too, what incidentally made us at the time the second largest Samsonite dealership in our country... 

Yep, I figured this sort of thing goes on all the time ... perk of the job I would have thought .... she may have stood on somebody's toes and therefore got 'dobbed' in ... if every second Hosty/Steward did this, I dare say it wouldn't affect the overall ruining of the Country, politicians can do a better job of that and not even leave their chairs ....

53 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Some of the usual suspects making fatuous, derogatory remarks about the woman's body and weight, something that they know nothing about, and that they can't even see, apart from her hands and the tip of her chin! 

As the article, very clearly, pointed out she is bulked up with multiple leather belts and other items concealed in areas that would be considered indelicate to show.  

Just so pathetic.

Usual suspect on Parade complete with fatuous remark !   

Kenneth-Williams-and-Hattie-Jaques-540756.jpg

26 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

Why isn't she in jail? 

For what? There are fines for this as long as the goods are just normal goods, like everyone else that gets caught.

It's a national sport all over the world: https://bigthink.com/politics-current-affairs/sneaking-things-on-airplanes

• 32.4 percent of American travelers try to sneak forbidden items onboard.

And thats stuff that's worse than what she transported... i know tons of people who fly with cannabis within europe and no one gives a damn, idiots in my book but still, somehow they do it.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/05/10/dfw-airport-drug-smuggling-crew-that-offered-to-fly-explosives-admits-guilt/

These guys overdid it a bid tho 

The defendants smuggled what they were told was methamphetamine onto commercial airlines from 2016 to 2018, the indictment said. They were rounded up last year when FBI agents learned that Pabon had offered to smuggle C-4 explosives on a flight.

But yeah, you are right, in theory you could go to jail, not sure about thailands law tho but it's a criminal offense in other countries if you do it commercially.

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

In one of my earlier posts i have for many years now often noted and wondered why an air hostess need such a giant suitcase for what is suppose to be be an overnight flight, big enough, well, to bring back stuff one will presume...

have you seen how much make up they put on?

at least 15 layers!

36 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Typical Thai attitude. They were told only last week about this, why is they cant UNDERSTAND right from wrong. Internally : of the company the management should name and shame her then sack her after last weeks warnings. Maybe that might be a lesson they may learn from.

Sorry, but no, not 'typical Thai' for once, I can tell you by experience that most of the airline crew members from any country where there are some, erm, 'possibilities' (...bribes?) to avoid (the dedicated) customs' screening (for crews) at their return, will do it, when they have the opportunity to purchase (+ the captain and the purser's 'blind eye' to bring it on board?)!  

At the end of the day, these kinds of cases really are somewhat abuse of “privilege” so-to-speak... whole crew, like all passengers, are subject to customs inspection- they do tend to occupy a position of “implicit trust”.....

So, when violations like this* occur, I tend to favor punishment that is in the harsher end of the spectrum as well as loss of said position of trust (ie dismissal for cause)

(I am making an assumed position that the FA is in fact guilty and note that no such determination has been factually made at present time)

I have close friends who are airline employees and among them there is a tacit understanding that violating said rules like these - along with others like abuse of staff travel benefits - almost always leads to dismissal for cause, and along with it away goes your accrued pension, benefits, seniority and the like.

I think the accused FA in this case deserves both the assumption of innocence and the right to explain the matter... but, IF found to be a violation of either national customs law and/or company policy, then I am in favor of separation for cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Some of the usual suspects making fatuous, derogatory remarks about the woman's body and weight, something that they know nothing about, and that they can't even see, apart from her hands and the tip of her chin! 

As the article, very clearly, pointed out she is bulked up with multiple leather belts and other items concealed in areas that would be considered indelicate to show.  

Just so pathetic.

But absolutely no problem circling her boobs in case you missed them.

20 minutes ago, new2here said:

At the end of the day, these kinds of cases really are somewhat abuse of “privilege” so-to-speak... whole crew, like all passengers, are subject to customs inspection- they do tend to occupy a position of “implicit trust”.....

So, when violations like this* occur, I tend to favor punishment that is in the harsher end of the spectrum as well as loss of said position of trust (ie dismissal for cause)

(I am making an assumed position that the FA is in fact guilty and note that no such determination has been factually made at present time)

I have close friends who are airline employees and among them there is a tacit understanding that violating said rules like these - along with others like abuse of staff travel benefits - almost always leads to dismissal for cause, and along with it away goes your accrued pension, benefits, seniority and the like.

I think the accused FA in this case deserves both the assumption of innocence and the right to explain the matter... but, IF found to be a violation of either national customs law and/or company policy, then I am in favor of separation for cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

What a load of gobbledygook. Are you a lawyer by any chance? Why use ten words when two hundred will suffice.

1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Hmmm. They need to get their stories straight because TAT's website (and many others) says 80,000.

https://www.tourismthailand.org/About-Thailand/Custom-Immigration

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

I was an "ahem" air hostess for a long time. Not all flights are short one-nighters. Many pairings are several days long, thus the need for luggage. Plus, not everything goes to plan, a one-night turn-around could easily become something much more extensive due to irrops (irregular operations). 

TAking a very close look at the shoes and LV bag, these could easily be good contrefaçons. IN Italy, the amount of very good quality fake designer goods is huge . IN every big weekly market there are numerous stalls that sell these articles. If the hostess was carrying the real brands, she would have had around 6 to 8 thousand euros of articles!

7 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

i actually feel sorry for the girl.

probably gets paid pittance.

trying to make more money to take care of her family.

its not like its cocaine for goodness sake

Thai Air staff can go a long way these days, well the females at least, she has probably been at it for years and made a packet. Usually you need connections to get a job like hers, it's not Asia Air and they are not badly paid. She is greedy and broke the rules. Families that most TG attendants come from usually don't need looking after, they are not from the sick buffalo brigade..

7 hours ago, webfact said:

She even seemed to have some things hidden around her bosom that were circled in a picture on the Naew Na site.

The only interesting part of the story. Then they don't follow through on it.

I want to know what she was packing there.

I wonder how many Thai Airways executives do the same thing. When an airline loses so much money, thats all they have to worry about.

Ridiculous.

Every board member and management should be sacked and charged with corruption.

Inadequate morons running an inadequate airline.

1 hour ago, bangrak said:

About suitcases and bringing back stuff, 'in another lifetime' I have been running Duty Free (the real thing, not the KP scam) on a European airport, a department of was entirely focussed on serving ...airline crews. The value and quantity of goods, 'some' of them bought in one time (and many each time they were at our airport...) made it evident they had made it a profitable 'secundary activity' with a steady customers' base at home... Yes we knew it was 'contraband' where it went to, but for us it was not, as the goods were all legally exported. ...And they had to pack these goods too, what incidentally made us at the time the second largest Samsonite dealership in our country... 

So if you knew it was 'contraband', you were party to conspiracy to defraud by allowing it to happen. This is how the privileged get away with it.

You have to have good connections to get hired by THAI which explains why most of the cabin crew are so haughty.  She can only get fired, if her connections have lost favour or passed away in the interim.  Perhaps why this case was not nipped in the bud.  

Archived