That's him! Bogus cop arrested in Bangkok

webfact

That's him! Bogus cop arrested in Bangkok 

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News published a picture of many aggrieved people pointing at a man who has been arrested for impersonating a policeman. 

Udomsak Srikhacha, 48, a jailbird and serial impersonator was arrested at the Sai Mai police station in Bangkok.

In a latest case Udomsak riding a Kawasaki stopped two students on a motorcycle and asked to check under their bike seat. 

He split the boys up and stole a phone. One boy he made sit on his motorcycle and drove him away to another soi in the Sai Mai area. 

He threatened to shoot the boys if they failed to comply. 

Police set up a sting operation near a school and the suspect was nabbed and found to be in possession of the phone. 

He has admitted to several other similar cases committed over several months after being released from prison earlier this year. 

He has been charged with impersonating a police officer and using a conveyance in the pursuance of theft. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-09

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Udomsak Srikhacha, 48, a jailbird and serial impersonator

He must have been a Special K(onstable).

Looks like he was milking it for all he could. So it's Cheerios from him, he looks like a right Honey Nut - a bit of a Fruit Loop.

6 hours ago, madmitch said:

I think we have a new contender in the pointing photo of the year competition, especially with the accused getting in a cheeky point at the offending mobile phone. 9/10

Would be funnier to see pointing at himself. I think he is blaming the phone for making him do it

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

All together now after the count of 3....Point.????

Do those pointers realize how stupid they look pointing like that.

no more stupid than all Asian people when they have their photo took they find it compulsory to make a silly v sign with their fingers. sad

I had a similar thing happen once at night time in a dark soi Huay Khwang area. Was riding my bike and got flagged by two "cops" swinging their flashlights. They didn't wear any uniform but had some "badges" on them. Asked to show my bag and inside my motorbike. I took my phone out and started filming them, the other quickly turned away and after they let me go. 

On 9/9/2019 at 3:57 AM, colinneil said:

All together now after the count of 3....Point.????

Do those pointers realize how stupid they look pointing like that.

Pointing in Thai culture is denigrating. Or rather being pointed at is a form of insult.  Thus the hands down waggling fingers to attract attention and also the numbers on go go dancers mitigating the need for customers to to point. Thus there is a prosidic subtext to the pointing ritual  which like so many aspects of Thai culture is misunderstood by foreigners.

On 9/9/2019 at 11:15 AM, Tomahawk21 said:

no more stupid than all Asian people when they have their photo took they find it compulsory to make a silly v sign with their fingers. sad

They learnt it of the USA military during the Vietnam war. The inverted Churchillian V for Victory converted to a peace symbol. It has spread like wildfire. I think its sweet.

Archived