BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya: Inquiry underway after police sergeant shoots chef dead in hotel car park

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The suspect went for the officer with his knife and the sergeant drew his 9 mm gun and shot low but hit the suspect in the head killing him. 

Maybe a bit of confusion with translation here. I would think the officer aimed low (lower than the head) for maximum body mass as his target, and the gun either kicked or the victim moved. This is what they're taught, aiming for maximum body mass; no such thing as aiming to wound.

All that's missing from this tragic story is the elusive chicken the chef was trying to catch🤔

Cases like these are why many officers in the US and UK are now equipped with Tasers, CS gas and other non-lethal weapons.

Here it seems nothing between a club and a bullet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like a good/justified shooting to me.

Way to go good police work again by Pattaya PD.

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I would have liked to have heard what the four witnesses had to say, to see if it confirms the police version we are being given. Aiming low, but actually popping one between the eyes is quite an achievement.

Lucky he didn't double tap... could have gone anywhere !

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, transam said:

"Death Wish"....

436182267_deathwish2.jpg.2ebb9b962db75988d906f31338d95dd8.jpg

Is he allowed to smoke in the train? Bad movie for kids, encourage smoking when they see their hero smokes. And why was that guy using such a small knife? Charlie Bronson said, "I only fight with guy who got big knife, now leave me alone to read my paper"

6 hours ago, champers said:

If someone is charging at you with a knife I doubt you can take the time to have a steady aim. It seems that in Thailand it is a measure of last resort for a policeman to use a firearm, as in this instance where the officer used a baton first.

I heard in US the police said , "drop the knife" and at the same time he shoots you dead. ( if you are a color guy you don't stand a chance, no, not at all). That's what I heard from an American backpacker.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, ylmiri said:

Is he allowed to smoke in the train? Bad movie for kids, encourage smoking when they see their hero smokes. And why was that guy using such a small knife? Charlie Bronson said, "I only fight with guy who got big knife, now leave me alone to read my paper"

He and I grew up in an era where probably the vast majority smoked. Strange that folk from that era are living longer, we ARE living longer even after smoking, coal smog etc. Strange that eh.....

Scary stuff... a police officer told me that unless the perp is at least 6 metres away they can get to you n stab you before you draw n fire.

the dude with the knife ... wonder what his story was ?

On 9/9/2019 at 9:56 AM, webfact said:

the sergeant drew his 9 mm gun and shot low but hit the suspect in the head killing him.

Back to the shooting range; how secure is the public when Thai police attempt to shoot out car tires?