BANGKOK
webfact

Video: As bad as each other? Today's terrible driving....

Video: As bad as each other? Today's terrible driving....

10pm1_vid.jpg

Video screenshot

Dash cam footage from a car showed a collision as a pick-up pulled out to do an illegal turn. 

The poster said he had no chance to miss the pick-up because he was going fast. 

But evidence from the poster's own footage showed him driving recklessly by undertaking a truck on the hard shoulder.

Thai Rath said in comments that the accident happened on the Chonburi bypass heading towards Pattaya. 

The police said that the pick-up that pulled out was in the wrong as they disobeyed a traffic sign. 

But they also said that speeding caused the accident. 

Hundreds commented on the accident with many suggesting that the drivers were as bad as each other. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-09

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Jeezus, HE Had PLENTY Of time to STOP There,Could've STOPPED An Aeroplane in that distance......

Yes he could have stoped but they don't, he thinks he has the right of way why should he stop, i am sure he flashed his lights.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tompelli said:

Why do they always try to get round the vehicle in the direction it's going [rather than the rear]?

'Spacial awareness' and the vast majority of Thais just don't seem to have it. Interestingly, in my past experience, their air traffic controllers are usually first rate.  They must be mutants.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

'Not my fault'; the usual cry from all Thai drivers when in real terms they are all at fault for not being able to drive to proper standards.  Don't expect any change soon apart from louder Lip Service from useless Cops and Politicians. You just nailed all mate. 

• Like 1

Undertaking there is common on this stretch as the trucks hold people up for miles by trying to overtake each other, and as can be seen from the video as soon as the undertaking driver finished his maneuver the "shoulder" turns into a proper lane anyway, so bit of a moot point there. 

Cant see if traffic lights are working or flashing or what, but that accident could have easily been avoided!

Talking about being slow, damn, that was so not needed. Let me guess, driver crashed into the car on purpose to prove his point?

Edited by tabarin
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Jeezus, HE Had PLENTY Of time to STOP There,Could've STOPPED An Aeroplane in that distance......

Agreed! He/she could have braked and steered to the left and total missed the pickup. Looked to me like he/she was aiming at it.

• Like 1