Video: As bad as each other? Today's terrible driving....

webfact

Video: As bad as each other? Today's terrible driving....

10pm1_vid.jpg

Video screenshot

Dash cam footage from a car showed a collision as a pick-up pulled out to do an illegal turn. 

The poster said he had no chance to miss the pick-up because he was going fast. 

But evidence from the poster's own footage showed him driving recklessly by undertaking a truck on the hard shoulder.

Thai Rath said in comments that the accident happened on the Chonburi bypass heading towards Pattaya. 

The police said that the pick-up that pulled out was in the wrong as they disobeyed a traffic sign. 

But they also said that speeding caused the accident. 

Hundreds commented on the accident with many suggesting that the drivers were as bad as each other. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-09

So many things Thais  do wrong,  my favourite is when they do pull out  like this they drive like a tortoise when with a bit  of acceleration they would  have much  less chance of being hit, instead they must think if they do it slowly everyone will see them and slow  down or  just  think  sod  you im coming out and you must stop.

Those  lorries  should be banned from overtaking each other also, theyll often take 2-3km to do it, pissing everyone off, hard shoulder use is  just another "personal lane" for most, best used on tollways when they just "cant wait"

4 minutes ago, tompelli said:

Why do they always try to get round the vehicle in the direction it's going [rather than the rear]?

'Spacial awareness' and the vast majority of Thais just don't seem to have it. Interestingly, in my past experience, their air traffic controllers are usually first rate.  They must be mutants.  

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

'Not my fault'; the usual cry from all Thai drivers when in real terms they are all at fault for not being able to drive to proper standards.  Don't expect any change soon apart from louder Lip Service from useless Cops and Politicians. You just nailed all mate. 

Undertaking there is common on this stretch as the trucks hold people up for miles by trying to overtake each other, and as can be seen from the video as soon as the undertaking driver finished his maneuver the "shoulder" turns into a proper lane anyway, so bit of a moot point there. 

Cant see if traffic lights are working or flashing or what, but that accident could have easily been avoided!

3 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Jeezus, HE Had PLENTY Of time to STOP There,Could've STOPPED An Aeroplane in that distance......

Agreed! He/she could have braked and steered to the left and total missed the pickup. Looked to me like he/she was aiming at it.

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

'Spacial awareness' and the vast majority of Thais just don't seem to have it. Interestingly, in my past experience, their air traffic controllers are usually first rate.  They must be mutants.  

haha, i dated a thai chinese lady who passed the exams/tests to be an air traffic controller, she was a great girl, but didnt take the job as, being smart, she had better career opportunities

3 hours ago, gunderhill said:

So many things Thais  do wrong,  my favourite is when they do pull out  like this they drive like a tortoise when with a bit  of acceleration they would  have much  less chance of being hit, instead they must think if they do it slowly everyone will see them and slow  down or  just  think  sod  you im coming out and you must stop.

Those  lorries  should be banned from overtaking each other also, theyll often take 2-3km to do it, pissing everyone off, hard shoulder use is  just another "personal lane" for most, best used on tollways when they just "cant wait"

Posted before on the same thing. Thai driver told me he learned that you pull out and drive slowly to allow other cars to go past you easier

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Fancy posting a video which displays your own failings and miserably poor driving.... almost 'som nam nah' for me  apart from the other vehicle getting whacked. 

One effin idiot overtaking on the left and making sure that he/she was there at the right time to T bone the 2nd effin idiot - Sure = "Som Nom Nah"!

So common, commercial trucks driving on the wrong lane no training as if they were driving their own cars. Two, over and undertaking so sure this is Thailand but can be done with more caution. 

The on coming vehicle with the video cam totally in the wrong,  First speeding but course no one has any idea what the speed limit is on this road parallel to the Hwy 7, I've driven it many times because of cross traffic limit should be 60-70 but vehicle like this one go faster than those on Hwy 7.

As a trained professional commercial driver and instructor once the vehicle came out from undertaking 5 seconds I could see ahead traffic that a driver who isn't one track minded, pedal to the medal, murderess driving habits slow down even 10 seconds before contact the vehicle never slow down because it was demand the " right away "  therefore if I hit you to prove my point although I had enough time to slow down I won't.

The truck some might feel he is wrong and this is mostly for Thais! if you happen to read this!

In this situation the black vehicle had the " right away " but based on the video the time the vehicle had time to slow or stop and the truck being in the middle of the intersection the " right away was taken away "  you don't always have the right away it can be taken away especially if you had the time to avoid!

As for the truck it stopped and he could have proceeded a bit faster as he enter the intersection but clearly the black vehicle as I noted once he finish undertaking 20 plus seconds I could ??? ahead if it was all pedal to medal.

The world is full of idiot drivers the thing is Thailand has 99% of them. 

My wife says if you have an accident it’s because you are not a good person also that’s why you don’t win the lottery too.

Good people make lucky and Buddha look after them, she has never had an accident but it’s fricking frightening sitting next to her when she drives down a one way street dodging everything and then she says “see nothing happen Buddha take care”

13 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Jeezus, HE Had PLENTY Of time to STOP There,Could've STOPPED An Aeroplane in that distance......

Slowing down - let alone stopping - in a traffic situation like this would be considered a severe sign of weakness by Thais, males in particular. "Me-have big car, me-drive fast, me-go first." A potential risk of losing one's face. Which is one the reasons why this country is full of traffic accidents like this.

11 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Many drivers in Thailand have "special" awareness...

Undertaking and driving too fast to avoid a collision. That some car or other vehicle would appear from a side road was reasonably foreseeable, as that sort of behaviour is a daily and frequent occurrence in Thailand. Drive slowly, stay in your lane and you are likely to avoid a bad outcome.

Archived