British woman escapes serious injury as car slams into tree

webfact

40 minutes ago, stevenl said:

It does not see she was fleeing a domestic abuse situation, it says she drove after a domestic dispute. You're making it up to suit your narrative.

Yes, it does say she may have been on medication. I can't recall any article where that was mentioned, do you have any reason to doubt? And then you start assuming things.

You're apologizing for something that shouldn't be apologized for, looking at your last line the reason is clear.

That is the whole point it was a farang.. a British farang even its hard for people to condemn their own kind. I know plenty of Thais who drive real good. I know that I am not the best driver in the world. I prefer my motorbike over my car. I just get tired at times on the forum with all those perfect foreigners and those bad Thais.. and yet they stay. Then when a foreigner gets in the news in a bad way they all line up to defend him/her (with some exceptions luckily not everyone is like that). But when its a Thai you see page after page of indignation and generalisation.

I know that if I were a Thai and able to read all of this id be offended. I have spoken with quite some Thai (i admit mainly BKK Thais) who agree about the problems and don't like how some people drive and the enforcement of laws too. 

Are there more dangerous drivers in Thailand then back home.. sure, does that mean all Thais drive bad.. No way.  

21 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes and it show that foreigners are as bad as Thais plenty of Thais that have not made any accidents too just like you. You take it too personal. Its not as if foreigners are superior to Thais while many seem to think so.

The respective RTA deaths and accident rates in Thailand vs western countries indeed shows foreigners are superior drivers

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

The respective RTA deaths and accident rates in Thailand vs western countries indeed shows foreigners are superior drivers

It does not mean foreigners are superior drivers but there are more bad drivers in Thailand than in western countries.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:01 PM, RJRS1301 said:
A British woman escaped serious injury when the car she was driving spun off the road near the Bang Wad reservoir in Kathu last night and caught fire after slamming backwards into a tree last night (Sept 8).
Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/british-woman-escapes-serious-injury-as-car-slams-into-tree-72801.php#2bcmM0Z08yyEqgOw.99

Perhaps not in reverse, (my assumption) but certainly hit it backwards, must have been some impact.

yeah, assuming she was initially driving forward, to then spin around 180 degrees and still have enough speed to do that damage, is mildly impressive.  Or it was an oddly staged burn job for insurance? 

Archived