BA Needs to Go Bust

Pilotman

If there is any justice in the commercial/business World, it's about time (actually long past the time) when British Airways should go the way of Pan Am and other big airlines and disappear.  How unreliable will they have to be before droves of travellers stop using them?  I had the misfortune to travel with them just last week.  Tatty old aircraft, poor out of date entertainment system, late leaving and arriving, both ways, misleading website booking process and T5, despite it's many 'good' reviews, was overcrowded and a miserable experience.  BA truly must be the worst airline travelling directly between Thailand and the UK. Even Thai must be better and I never thought I would see myself writing that.  I will never use them again. Anybody out there actually like them and prefer to book with them and I don't mean just to collect Air Miles? 

Having used BA on a number of return flights over the recent years, I'm no longer drawn to their so-called deals, preferring to choose either Etihad, Emirates or Eva Air. Unless you are a BA Executive Club Member their baggage allowance is set at 23kg, whereas the other airlines have it set at 30kg and above. On a number of occasions I unwittingly exceeded my allowance by just 1kg on my return flight and had to pay an extra £75. My immediate thought was: I might as well have paid the extra £75 on another airline and done without the cramped conditions and tiny aircraft. That's not to mention that when I went to use their bag drop-zones at HRW, their computer system was down and I had to queue up for an entire hour to have my bag checked-in manually. 

I'm flying out in a couple of weeks time, but I was wise enough to avoid BA's offers and go for Eva Air instead. It helped that I only booked my flight with just a month to go as I was able to see the looming strike before it became official. I'm guessing that others here might've booked their flights many months in advance and were totally unaware of the rumblings that were taking place.

Personally, I wouldn't want BA to go bust as it provides competition and helps push prices down which benefit us all, even if we don't choose to fly with them. 

1 hour ago, Senior Player said:

I'm no longer drawn to their so-called deals, preferring to choose either Etihad, Emirates or Eva Air.

Cathay Pacific i like too, their premium economy is great within medium haul and short flights.

Near-businessclass seating for near-economy pricing.

Defo gone downhill. Probably wouldn't fly with them again longhaul - hope they're still not using those tatty planes on the Bkk route. Problem with the Middle Eastern airlines is you typically have to mince about in the Middle East unless you get the Etihad or Eva direct. Saying that, doesn't Qatar do a UK-CNX direct now?

Always use EVA but last year flew BA with wife as the tickets were 10,000 cheaper so a saving of 20,000.

Had hated BA for many years but to my surprise the flight was ok. Seats were definitely more comfortable than EVA and food was ok. Entertainment system sucked but that was all. Left and arrived on time and terminal 5 was empty.

Convenient free bus to our hotel , the Hyatt.

Archived