Electricity Unit Price In Thailand

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

You are a very low user household so get a much lower price - those of us using air conditioners are normally paying in the thousands of baht and that brings the average up to about the 4.5 baht per KWH we have mentioned.

Hate to disappoint you but we do use A/C units. One in the front room for about an hour or so in the evening then the big bedroom one for about 3 hours as a rule. Longer if really warm.

The highest bill I have ever had this year was 672 baht in May/June. Never been anywhere near 1000 baht in the 4 years I have lived in our house.

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

1.1.1 is for rural properties, the low rates are to help the poor.

I used to live outside Hang Dong in what was classed a rural property, every other month my bill would be free.

Anything in the city, or built recently will be on 1.1.2

If we consumed less than 50 units then the bill is zero baht where I am. Our water filtration unit always come in under. This is under Bang Saphan Noi.

We live in a 4-"unit" condo in Jomtien (156 square meters total).  We get an electric bill for each "unit."  Two of the bills are always for 40.90 baht each.  The other two bills are based on usage.  Last month, one bill averaged 4.136Baht/kwh.  The other bill averaged 4.259Baht/kwh.

On 9/9/2019 at 6:12 PM, haymanpl said:

I worked out i'm being charged 4.5 baht per unit.

The residential rate starts at 2.35 baht per unit.

electricity rates.png

It is interesting that nearly 20% of household consumption is from the 1.1.1 less than 150 kWh classification. Since they by nature use less than the above 150 kWh group, it is probably close to 50% of all households that use less then 150 kWh/month.

Power T05_03_07-2.xls

Here is my MEA bill for Sukhumvit 81 in BKK:

ElectricBill.jpg.7428c9abeb5864524a5a29e916d0a3f4.jpg

That exactly (almost) matches the 1.1.2 table:

150 kWh x 3.25 = 487.50

250 kWh x 4.22 = 1055.00

476 kWh x 4.42 = 2103.92

--------------------------

Not sure why it is off by 1 baht.

On 9/9/2019 at 6:35 PM, wgdanson said:

Yes the rate starts at 2.35........... for the first 15 units, then progressively more.

Strange that usually the more you use of something, the lower the price gets. But TIT.

It gets more expensive for the same reason that seats on planes get more expensive as the flight fills - it is a utility that is constrained by capacity. In some states in the US, they will actually put premiums on usage during peak consumption times, as well as tack on serious premiums for usage over certain amounts. I know California has a usage number after which the unit price spikes up pretty high.

On 9/10/2019 at 4:32 PM, worrab said:

Hate to disappoint you but we do use A/C units. One in the front room for about an hour or so in the evening then the big bedroom one for about 3 hours as a rule. Longer if really warm.

The highest bill I have ever had this year was 672 baht in May/June. Never been anywhere near 1000 baht in the 4 years I have lived in our house.

We only have 1 small aircon and our bill is normally around 1800 baht per month. Seems high compared to yours.

Archived