Bangkok Bank Insurance.

vogie

I have just been down to the Bangkok Bank to get another ATM card after losing my other. While I was there the lady behind the desk asked me if I would like their insurance.

The first one consisted of accident insurance, where if I was injured on my motorbike etc, they would cover me for 60,000 baht hospital expenses and in case of a fatal accident my wife would receive 1 million baht. The cost of this was 5,080 baht.

The second one is on death by any cause, you pay in 38,000 baht a year, but the first year you get back 3,000 baht and the return increases every year. The longer you are in the more the wife will receive on death. You pay this for 8 years then no more payments are required. 

This is an accurate account to the best of my knowledge, but I will read the paperwork in more detail later.

I hasten to add it is an offer that ceases when you are 69.7ish years old. 

Has anyone heard of this offer?

I know a Bangkok Bank branch here in Pattaya. If you open an account you normally are asked for a residence certificate. But if you make the accident insurance then there is no need for this they said to my surprise. A friend of mine made the insurance but the whole contract that he showed to me afterwards was in Thai only.

5 minutes ago, Beggar said:

I know a Bangkok Bank branch here in Pattaya. If you open an account you normally are asked for a residence certificate. But if you make the accident insurance then there is no need for this they said to my surprise. A friend of mine made the insurance but the whole contract that he showed to me afterwards was in Thai only.

And somewhere else I read that someone visited BKK bank, and he was only allowed to open an account when he bought insurance. No other way.

17 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

And somewhere else I read that someone visited BKK bank, and he was only allowed to open an account when he bought insurance. No other way.

With the friend of mine it was even worse. He asked what he would need to open a bank account. He ended with the insurance without opening a bank account. 

When I was in my local branch I was offered the accident insurance. There was no arm twisting  to do so. I thought it was a good deal and decided to take it. I took it at 65 and is valid until i'm 100. This is my first year and have had a claim already. There were no problems when I claimed at my local private hospital.

Archived