First retirement visa renewal process

Please can anyone advise me of the process I need to undertake to apply for an extension of stay based on my retirement visa

My first visa was obtained in the UK and is due to expire on the 26th of Nov i believe i can Apply for an extension on the 13th of October (45 days before expiry date), and I am based in Buriram if this is relevant.

My questions are:

Can I apply online?, and if yes any links would be appreciated, also I know i need my bank book showing an updated balance, but what other documents do i need and finally if i have to go to the immigration office, do i just turn up or should i book an appointment

Any other relevant info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Sad 1

Most offices will accept the extension application up to 30 day early. Not sure if Buriram is one of the few that will do it 45 days early.

You have to apply for the extension in person. No appointment is needed.

You will need a letter from the bank to confirm you account and the balance in it on the date the letter is written. Your bank book will need to show 800k baht in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply.

You will need copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

You will need a completed TM7 application form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. 

You should check with the Buriram office to confirm what their requirements are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Most offices will accept the extension application up to 30 day early. Not sure if Buriram is one of the few that will do it 45 days early.

You will need a letter from the bank to confirm you account and the balance in it on the date the letter is written. Your bank book will need to show 800k baht in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply.

You will need copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

You should check with the Buriram office to confirm what their requirements are.

Great answer as usual Joe, but your last sentence says it all....who really knows what the hell is required.

Edited by wgdanson

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

100% CORRECT get all that right as easy as falling of a log.❤????????

1 hour ago, gazben said:

Hi
Its a non Immigrant O-A visa based on retirement

As I suspected and the enter before date is 26th Nov 2019?

The validity of a Visa and the validity of stay are different.

With the O-A although the Visa is valid for 1 year, each entry grants permission of stay for 1 year.

Therefore if you did a quick exit/re-entry just before it expires, say 24th Nov, on re-entry you'll be granted a stay until 23rd Nov 2020.

No need to apply for an extension until Oct 2020.

However if you wanted to leave and return in that second year 24/11/19 - 23/11/20, you'd need to purchase a re-entry permit. (The condition of ME expires when the Visa does).

Edited by Tanoshi

Hi Tanoshi
Thanks very much for your help, all new info to me
You say that quote:
With the O-A although the visa is valid for a year each entry grants permission of stay for 1 year

I came last November and stayed for 3 months then went back to the UK for 6 months, i returned back to Thailand on the 4th of September, so based on your quote, can i stay here until the 3rd of Sept 2020, even though my visa expires on the 26th of November, and if yes do i have to leave every 3 months for a stamp?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

16 minutes ago, gazben said:

I came last November and stayed for 3 months then went back to the UK for 6 months, i returned back to Thailand on the 4th of September, so based on your quote, can i stay here until the 3rd of Sept 2020, even though my visa expires on the 26th of November, and if yes do i have to leave every 3 months for a stamp?

That is correct. Or you could leave and reenter the country or before the 26th of November and get a new one year entry.

No need to leave the country unless you want to.

You only need to do reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country to immigration every 90 days.

If you do want to travel after your visa expires you will need a re-entry permit to keep your last entry valid when you enter the country.

1 hour ago, gazben said:

If you returned on 4th September, you should have been granted permission to stay until 3rd September 2020 already.

(Check the date on your entry stamp)

If you exit/re-enter (border run) just before the Visa expiry date (enter before) you'll be granted permission to stay another year until November 2020.

You do not have to leave the Country every 90 days (that's the Non Imm O ME Visa).

You can submit 90 day reports at Immigration.

The day of entry counts as day 1 of the 90 day period.

As you entered 4th Sept, as it stands your first 90 day report is due 2nd December.

If you exit/re-enter say 25th November, then you first report would be due 22nd Feb 2020.

You only file a 90 day report if staying longer than 90 consecutive days.

On 26th November your Visa expires, therefore you if you intend to leave between then and your current permission of stay, then you must purchase a re-entry permit.

Assuming you leave/re-enter 25/11//19 and granted permission of stay until 24/11/2020.

You visit Lao for a weekend break in January, on re-entry you'll be stamped in until 24/11/20.

You visit the UK for a month in April, on re-entry you'll be stamped in again until 24/11/20.

Re-entry permits, single 1,000 baht, multiple entries 3,800 baht.

7. Please note that the period of visa validity is different from the period of stayVisa validity is the period during which a visa can be used to enter Thailand.  In general, the validity of a visa is 3 months, but in some cases, visas may be issued to be valid for 6 months, 1 year or 3 years.  The validity of a visa is granted with discretion by the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General and is displayed on the visa sticker. 

8. On the other hand, the period of stay is granted by an immigration officer upon arrival at the port of entry and in accordance with the type of visa.  For example, the period of stay for a transit visa is not exceeding 30 days, for a tourist visa is not exceeding 60 days and for a non-immigrant visa is not exceeding 90 days from the arrival date.  The period of stay granted by the immigration officer is displayed on the arrival stamp.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15405-General-information.html

Edited by Tanoshi

That is correct. Or you could leave and reenter the country or before the 26th of November and get a new one year entry.
No need to leave the country unless you want to.
You only need to do reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country to immigration every 90 days.
If you do want to travel after your visa expires you will need a re-entry permit to keep your last entry valid when you enter the country.

Thanks Joe, really appreciate the advise, very helpful

ubonjoe-  so my non -o based on retirement that I have now expires on 20, oct,2019. Am I reading these threads right- if I go to Savannahket Oct. say 18-19 do a turnaround ( with a re-enter stamp already in my passport) I won't have to renew till Oct 2020?

21 minutes ago, john thom said:

ubonjoe-  so my non -o based on retirement that I have now expires on 20, oct,2019. Am I reading these threads right- if I go to Savannahket Oct. say 18-19 do a turnaround ( with a re-enter stamp already in my passport) I won't have to renew till Oct 2020?

That would only be correct if you have a OA long stay visa issued by a embassy or official Thai consulate in your home country.

You apparently have a extension of stay issued by immigration. If you leave and re-enter the country without a re-entry permit you would only get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That would only be correct if you have a OA long stay visa issued by a embassy or official Thai consulate in your home country.

You apparently have a extension of stay issued by immigration. If you leave and re-enter the country without a re-entry permit you would only get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

gotcha-  thanks-