BANGKOK
gazben

First retirement visa renewal process

That is correct. Or you could leave and reenter the country or before the 26th of November and get a new one year entry.
No need to leave the country unless you want to.
You only need to do reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country to immigration every 90 days.
If you do want to travel after your visa expires you will need a re-entry permit to keep your last entry valid when you enter the country.

Thanks Joe, really appreciate the advise, very helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

ubonjoe-  so my non -o based on retirement that I have now expires on 20, oct,2019. Am I reading these threads right- if I go to Savannahket Oct. say 18-19 do a turnaround ( with a re-enter stamp already in my passport) I won't have to renew till Oct 2020?

21 minutes ago, john thom said:

ubonjoe-  so my non -o based on retirement that I have now expires on 20, oct,2019. Am I reading these threads right- if I go to Savannahket Oct. say 18-19 do a turnaround ( with a re-enter stamp already in my passport) I won't have to renew till Oct 2020?

That would only be correct if you have a OA long stay visa issued by a embassy or official Thai consulate in your home country.

You apparently have a extension of stay issued by immigration. If you leave and re-enter the country without a re-entry permit you would only get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That would only be correct if you have a OA long stay visa issued by a embassy or official Thai consulate in your home country.

You apparently have a extension of stay issued by immigration. If you leave and re-enter the country without a re-entry permit you would only get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

gotcha-  thanks-