Phuket to Bangkok and back - Your Favourite Airline/Web Site

JetsetBkk

18 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

I haven't been on a plane in about 15 years.

Much has changed.

You can fly cheap, you can fly expensive.

Don Mueang or Suvarnabhumi.

Personally I prefer Suvarnabhumi and either ThaiSmile or Thai Airways.

NokAir? I avoid it.

Four airlines from Suv. (Bangkok Airways, Thai Airways, Thai Smile, Thai Vietjet).

A mate had very bad experience with Vietjet (super low cost airline).

Lost most of his day on the way from Bangkok to Phuket.

Three airlines from Don M. (NokAir, Thai AirAsia, Thai Lion Air) of which I would prefer AirAsia.

I have no idea about Lion Air.

Counter payment is available for many but not for Bangkok Airways (the most expensive, credit card only).

Some have direct debit from Thai bank account, ATM payment available for some.

Hard work to list all the details...

I do this trip often and Don Meung is more convenient for me and the low-cost airlines are obviously cheaper. Air Asia is usually my default choice but Lion Air and Nok are good value too. BUT... Thai Airways are offering 1600B with 20kg luggage and you will get fed on board and some in flight entertainment. If you have enough internet to come on Thai Visa, you have enough to search the websites.

Good luck

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

"Best" way depends on what you have (Thai bank account/? Debit/ATM card? (Virtual) credit card?).

I like virtual VISA credit card at Kasikorn bank. No need to raise from the chair.

Yes, I have the Kasikorn virtual VISA card too. ????

34 minutes ago, 2long said:

I do this trip often and Don Meung is more convenient for me and the low-cost airlines are obviously cheaper. Air Asia is usually my default choice but Lion Air and Nok are good value too. BUT... Thai Airways are offering 1600B with 20kg luggage and you will get fed on board and some in flight entertainment. If you have enough internet to come on Thai Visa, you have enough to search the websites.

Good luck

I've never been to Suvarnabhumi or used the MRT, so I'd prefer to stick to what I know - Don Muang and taxi to lower Sukhumvit. I presume they still have the taxi booking service for 50 baht?

21 hours ago, 2long said:

Thai Airways are offering 1600B with 20kg luggage

Generally: if you compare low cost airlines with Thai Smile or Thai Airways don't be fooled by their "starting" prices. Even without any "extras" like baggage, seat reservation etc. you won't get that price because in the end you have to pay for payment!

(that applies for all popular methods of payment).

AirAsia with some baggage and paid by CC will easily end you 30% to 50% above their advertised prices.

Archived