Question RE Refused UK Tourist Visa

Today my Wife's application for a UK tourist visa was refused.

The main thing that we need help with, is proving the source of the money going in to her bank account.

My Wife runs a shop from her family home and has a document from the local Amphur confirming the business and address etc and she has documents related to her alcohol licence and previous forms showing the tax paid in relation to the business. We also presented 6 months of bank statements with the application.

This is the wording in the refusal...

You state you are a selfemployed shopkeeper. In support of this you have submitted a business registration document which shows your business was registered just two months ago on 31st May 2019. The information and documents provided by you do not demonstrate the source of the funds seen in the bank statements submitted by you. From the information on your application form and the documents you have submitted I am not satisfied that your circumstances are as stated and that you have presented an accurate account of your financial circumstances in Thailand.

The date was a mistake that we missed and will get corrected, but how do we prove the money going in to the bank comes from cash given to her to pay for what she sells in the shop?

Any helpful advice will be gratefully received, thank you in advance AaronC

On 9/9/2019 at 9:47 PM, AaronC76 said:

how do we prove the money going in to the bank comes from cash given to her to pay for what she sells in the shop?

The best way would be to provide a statement of accounts prepared by a registered accountancy firm.

I'd imagine one of the major concerns for the ECO was the fact that she provided 6 months of bank account statements, which presumably showed deposits, whilst the business registration was dated at the end of May 2019, which you state was a mistake, this needs proving to the ECO, so that they can tie the cash deposits prior to May.

Is the bank account in her name or the name of the business?

She should also show how her business will continue to operate whilst she is in the UK.

Archived