Thailand worries mass tourism is bringing terrorism troubles

webfact

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, davehowden said:

"But it must also keep its own house in order by adopting an effective and efficient system to manage the influx."

And therein lies the problem , nothing much in Thailand is effective and efficient.

The practice of corruption excluded, of course !

friends were telling me about TM30 that in WORLD War 2 the exact form was used to keep an eye on the Jewish population the concertation camp well everyone knows what happened 

I think its  way to encourage people not to come and also encourage people to leave before they are asked to leave 

10 minutes ago, rossco1 said:

friends were telling me about TM30 that in WORLD War 2 the exact form was used to keep an eye on the Jewish population the concertation camp well everyone knows what happened 

I think its  way to encourage people not to come and also encourage people to leave before they are asked to leave 

Hmm, initially I thought that seemed rather exaggerated. However, googling did turn up some text regarding it, but not exactly the same: https://www.utm.utoronto.ca/~dwhite/101/28.htm   

1 Thai tourism is down and I wasn't aware that China is a hotbed of terrorism. This is an attempt to justify draconian visa regulations and make them tougher to get a large chunk of foreign exchange to fatten various influential bank accounts

18 minutes ago, JGV said:

I wasn't aware that China is a hotbed of terrorism.

Then you are poorly informed.  Chinese Uyghar commit many terrorist attacks each year, both within China and across the globe.  Some have been imprisoned in Guantanamo Bay for their crimes.  They were also responsible for the bombing attack on the Erawan shrine in Bangkok in 2015 in which 20 people died and 125 were injured.

This report is just more nonsense prepping the ground for the next security restriction or the next freedom to be taken away. They just want to soften everyone up for the next bit of tightening of the screw. So much is being surrendered now on the grounds of security and non existence/manufactured terrorism. Freedom is about choice and the less choice we have then the less free we are or a society is. Seems like everyone is too busy staring into social media on their phones to see what is happening everywhere and just agreeing with it all plus doing a lemming off the cliff. 

23 hours ago, fruitman said:

And how many of the terrorists in the past were western farang??

Right, we need to make it harder for them to visit Thailand...

The terrorism they are talking about is financial terrorism.

The Chinese tourists are manipulated by the tour organisers, they only go to organised hotels and restaurants, owned by Chinese- Thai. They create havoc on the beaches. They storm,through tourist venues, scream their heads off when they arrive at the airport and are of no value to the average Thai earning from tourism.

This creates empty guest houses and small hotels.

The bars and nightclubs suffer, then by keeping the bars open later to appease the owners who are suffering, plus the staff, tuk tuks , street vendors ect, then the crime rate goes nuts.

If they can not make the payments for hire purchase and drinks ect then the theft/crime rate goes mad.

It is a proven stat.

Take away income and jobs, then drug use and crime escalates.

Who is driving this madness? I won't comment but have a fair idea.

Big Joke was got rid off as he was getting to popular and may have been a threat.

He also was stepping on some big toes.

The TM30 is pathetic, it will at a guess slide back to it's old state, just to save face it will remain in the background.

Looking ahead if things are getting so bad for the genuine Thais tourist dollars, then there possibly will be a voiced opposition to it --- who knows?

11 hours ago, rossco1 said:

Its a variation on the Soviet system  and the Apartheid sytem. Its a shame. The freedom loving Thais are better than this but are being ruthlessly bullied and manipulated at a very high level. 

2 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Its a variation on the Soviet system  and the Apartheid sytem. Its a shame. The freedom loving Thais are better than this but are being ruthlessly bullied and manipulated at a very high level. 

Are you sure the Thais are really freedom-loving when it comes to non-trivial issues (or simply an undisciplined tribe of law-scoffers).

Thailand should be abundantly safe from international terrorism now they have brand new troop carriers, submarines and constant new recruits conscripted to shine the hundreds of Generals' shoes. (And cook and clean and anything else the senior military desire). Doesn't matter that all past terrorism was domestic!

Knobs, yes knobs! (Nob is British slang for 'person of importance' and we surely don't want that implication of these idiots.)

they should be far more concerned about the effect of their mass lack of intelligence and the effect that it has on their national insecurity
Caveat; no offence meant to any one individual yet collectively they come across as dumb as door nobs ... apologies forthwith to the door nobs 

31 minutes ago, jerojero said:

Doesn't matter that all past terrorism was domestic!

Well, apart from the insurgents in the South, the Erawan Shrine bombers, the Israeli Embassy siege, the Myanmar Embassy siege, the Iranian bombing of Israeli diplomats, and quite possibly a few other cases, all past terrorism has been domestic.

It's true that Thailand is the Land of Smiles, I can't stop smiling while reading that kind of News.

The way I read it is all tourists are "potential" terrorists. I am not an expert in tourism but I am

almost certain that not the way to attract potential tourists to the Land of Confusions.

2 hours ago, Mac98 said:

They should do what America does: arm everyone. Any time a suspected terrorist sticks his/her head up, everybody in the vicinity can open fire.

there was not yet a single school, university, cinema, shopping mall massacre in thailand. In the usa every second month. Since 7/9 there was very few terrorist attacks in the usa, with very few victims

Archived