Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

U.S. doctors' group says just stop vaping as deaths, illnesses rise

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, NokNokJoke said:

No. Quit repeatedly over a six month period. Stop for a few weeks to a month. Felt better in a few days. Started again with new gear after a few weeks to a month after discarding the previous stuff. Not cheap.
Went through this cycle 4 times or so. Within a few weeks was out of breath,again. It's been 6 weeks or more, no problems.

 


Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

 

What negative effects did you experience from vaping?

 

Were you short of breath, when you smoked cigarettes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NokNokJoke said:

Went through this cycle 4 times or so. Within a few weeks was out of breath,again. It's been 6 weeks or more, no problems.

 

Man goes to a Doctor...

 

Man: It hurts when I do this

Doctor: Don't do that

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

E-cigs when used correctly are a great harm reduction tool according to Public Health England (PHE), and may even be beneficial to some people with serious respiratory complaints.

 

Weird that one country (UK) plays it one way seemingly to great benefit, while the USA can't help but turn it in to a crock of....

 

The spooky thing is one or the other health authority in either country is going to be wrong, and will be responsible for hundreds of thousands of needless casualties, either by recommending vaping, or by cautioning against it.  I think the smart money is on the UK being right!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

E-cigs when used correctly are a great harm reduction tool according to Public Health England (PHE), and may even be beneficial to some people with serious respiratory complaints.

 

Weird that one country (UK) plays it one way seemingly to great benefit, while the USA can't help but turn it in to a crock of....

 

The spooky thing is one or the other health authority in either country is going to be wrong, and will be responsible for hundreds of thousands of needless casualties, either by recommending vaping, or by cautioning against it.  I think the smart money is on the UK being right!

 

 

I think you have to look at it relatively. Is it good for you inhaling all that stuff into your lungs, no, but probably better than cigarette smoking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stevenl said:

I think you have to look at it relatively. Is it good for you inhaling all that stuff into your lungs, no, but probably better than cigarette smoking.

Not really in all honesty.

 

'inhaling all that stuff in to your lungs' - there isn't much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NokNokJoke said:

No. Quit repeatedly over a six month period. Stop for a few weeks to a month. Felt better in a few days. Started again with new gear after a few weeks to a month after discarding the previous stuff. Not cheap.
Went through this cycle 4 times or so. Within a few weeks was out of breath,again. It's been 6 weeks or more, no problems.

 


Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

 

Before all else, I would advise taking as much light exercise as you can- perhaps walking 3 times a day, you don't have to push yourself.

 

I suppose you could be mildly allergic to something in vape juice, but this is in no way related to what's happening elsewhere. 

 

More likely, however, there is also some environmental pollutant in your surroundings, and inhaling deeply as you do when you vape means that you are ingesting more than usual.  This would be particularly true if you live in say Bkk, or Chiang Mai.

 

Whether the ordinary cigs for 45 years damaged you long term is not possible to say without proper tests, you'd think so wouldn't you? But seemingly not terribly.  

 

Turn to mild exercise it will do you the world of good hopefully.

Edited by mommysboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like an immediate ban on flavored e-cig juices, further study by FDA, new rules re: content, production, sales, marketing.

 

Evidently FLOTUS got involved, "She has a son".

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Sounds like an immediate ban on flavored e-cig juices, further study by FDA, new rules re: content, production, sales, marketing.

 

Evidently FLOTUS got involved, "She has a son".

 

 

I really feel the USA is not ready for e-cigs and it's probably for the best, as it is for Thailand.

 

USA seems to have a problem with reasonable regulation.  

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Not really in all honesty.

 

'inhaling all that stuff in to your lungs' - there isn't much.

E-liquids usually contain propylene glycol, glycerin, nicotine, flavorings, additives, and differing amounts of contaminants.

 

Yes, not much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

E-liquids usually contain propylene glycol, glycerin, nicotine, flavorings, additives, and differing amounts of contaminants.

 

Yes, not much.

 

 

As opposed to the 4,000 chemicals found in traditional cigarettes, which are marketed to children, and remain un-banned.

 

short list...carry on

 

 

Cigarettes Contain:
ACETONE – a paint stripper and in nail polish remover
AMMONIA – a potent cleaning product
ARSENIC – an ant poison
BENZENE – a toxin that in trace amounts of 10 micrograms in some bottles,
forced the 1990 recall of Perrier Water
BUTANE – a lighter fluid
CADMIUM – an element found in rechargeable batteries
CARBON MONOXIDE – a poisonous gas emitted from car exhaust
CYANIDE – a rat poison
DDT – an insecticide banned in the United States
FORMALDEHYDE – a compound used to preserve dead bodies
METHANOL – a jet fuel
METHYL ISOCYANATE – the poison responsible for killing 2,000 people
when it was accidentally released into the air in India in 1984
NAPTHALENE – the active ingredient in cigarettes, also used in insecticides
POLONIUM – a cancerous radioactive element

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

 

 

As opposed to the 4,000 chemicals found in traditional cigarettes, which are marketed to children, and remain un-banned.

 

short list...carry on

 

 

Cigarettes Contain:
ACETONE – a paint stripper and in nail polish remover
AMMONIA – a potent cleaning product
ARSENIC – an ant poison
BENZENE – a toxin that in trace amounts of 10 micrograms in some bottles,
forced the 1990 recall of Perrier Water
BUTANE – a lighter fluid
CADMIUM – an element found in rechargeable batteries
CARBON MONOXIDE – a poisonous gas emitted from car exhaust
CYANIDE – a rat poison
DDT – an insecticide banned in the United States
FORMALDEHYDE – a compound used to preserve dead bodies
METHANOL – a jet fuel
METHYL ISOCYANATE – the poison responsible for killing 2,000 people
when it was accidentally released into the air in India in 1984
NAPTHALENE – the active ingredient in cigarettes, also used in insecticides
POLONIUM – a cancerous radioactive element

 

Ah, cigarettes are bad, so that makes e-cigarettes good.

 

But carry on, you're proving my point " I think you have to look at it relatively. Is it good for you inhaling all that stuff into your lungs, no, but probably better than cigarette smoking. ".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Ah, cigarettes are bad, so that makes e-cigarettes good.

 

But carry on, you're proving my point " I think you have to look at it relatively. Is it good for you inhaling all that stuff into your lungs, no, but probably better than cigarette smoking. ".

 

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

E-liquids usually contain propylene glycol, glycerin, nicotine, flavorings, additives, and differing amounts of contaminants.

 

Yes, not much.

There's no doubt that they contain chemicals, everything does, but it's in very small amounts.

 

E-liquid does not produce the tar or carbon monoxide, which are mainly responsible for the morbidity of real cigarettes.

 

You are just expressing a hunch, based on sentiment.  I can see where you are coming from, because doing anything excessively has some sort of health outcome usually.  However, if there is a downside, say chronic throat irritation that's because of the excessive behaviour not the thing itself, which is estimated by the PHE to be 95% safer than smoking.

 

If you disagree, I suppose, you in particular, need to ask yourself why you think the major health bodies in the uk have got it so wrong?

 

Personally, I am currently neither a smoker, or e-cigarette user, but will go back to vaping again if I resettle in UK, where I can rely on the safety of the liquid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

 

There's no doubt that they contain chemicals, everything does, but it's in very small amounts.

 

E-liquid does not produce the tar or carbon monoxide, which are mainly responsible for the morbidity of real cigarettes.

 

You are just expressing a hunch, based on sentiment.  I can see where you are coming from, because doing anything excessively has some sort of health outcome usually.  However, if there is a downside, say chronic throat irritation that's because of the excessive behaviour not the thing itself, which is estimated by the PHE to be 95% safer than smoking.

 

If you disagree, I suppose, you in particular, need to ask yourself why you think the major health bodies in the uk have got it so wrong?

 

Personally, I am currently neither a smoker, or e-cigarette user, but will go back to vaping again if I resettle in UK, where I can rely on the safety of the liquid.

And you keep referring to smoking.

 

As I said, probably better than smoking, and it even may be a good way to get rid of cigarettes, but is it healthy, very likely not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

And you keep referring to smoking.

 

As I said, probably better than smoking, and it even may be a good way to get rid of cigarettes, but is it healthy, very likely not.

No, it could never be considered healthy because imo it irritates the airways, and contains nicotine which is a narcotic.

 

But that's a long way from declaring it unhealthy, unsafe, or whatever.  It won't cause cancer or heart problems per se.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Ah, cigarettes are bad, so that makes e-cigarettes good.

 

No. Of course not. Not sure how you made that leap?

 

Just highlighting the fact that cigarettes remain unbanned in the U.S., even though they appear to be a vastly larger health crisis.

 

I have no horse in this race, just find it odd that in the space of a week or so we hear reports of vaping issues, and wham, they're banned.

 

 

 

 

tmg-article_tall.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...