6 month overstay - Lucky Escape

I'm amazed there aren't more issues like this. I always get a bit worried when IOs are spinning the date stamp, fat-finger the month and slip the year to the -1, or +1.

Always check.

I did a transfer of stamps to a new passport recently which involved a total of six (6) new stamps across two full pages, with eleven (11) separate dates, six(6) of which are hand-written, while five (5) are stamped. The hand-written ( 9's ) look like lower-case g's, but for the most part are quite clear.

6 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

So agents still work - nothing changed, no need for own money in the bank? And no fear that they might get tough one day? Anyway I would be happy to have somebody who cares for my 90 day reports. 

I personally know a Thai woman who's husband had been doing this for about 9 years.

All came unstuck this year and they booted him out saying he had a 9 year overstay!

RAZZ

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

So agents still work - nothing changed, no need for own money in the bank? And no fear that they might get tough one day? Anyway I would be happy to have somebody who cares for my 90 day reports. 

I don't use this guy anymore, but I hear he can only do retirements now and only at Chonburi. I went to Savannaket to get a new non imm mutiple entry this year,

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, amykat said:

What??  So you were supposed to stay there for 30 days for consideration??  You keep changing the story ...making it hard to follow ...are you sure can remember 6 months ago??

When I picked up my passport, I should have gone to get the remaining 11 month stamp, as they only gave 30 days initially, but I thought it was done so went home. Some visas are given a 30 day stamp and you must report to imm to get the remaining stamp.

6 minutes ago, geronimo said:

To clear things, the agent should have told his employee to get the final stamp before giving me the pport, but didn't, so I assumed it was already done. My fault for not seeing the date on the stamp.

Yes,glad you gave that agent the flick.What did he actually do for you?

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Yes,glad you gave that agent the flick.What did he actually do for you?

He did everything, I never even had to sign the forms. And until a couple of years ago, I didn't even have to go to CW, then they insisted the photo was taken every year.

I think the new requirements have ended his run.

Oh, well can you use agents there?  I thought people did things directly there and you said you did that last time.  I thought people use agents inside Thailand?  But whatever ...glad you are not in jail dude!! Lucky!!

• Like 2

Just now, amykat said:

Oh, well can you use agents there?  I thought people did things directly there and you said you did that last time.  I thought people use agents inside Thailand?  But whatever ...glad you are not in jail dude!! Lucky!!

Didn't use an agent in Laos, just submitted the docs and all was fine, No need to show funds if you are married to a Thai (at least not yet)