My experience of 5-year licence renewal at Bangkok DLT 3 (near Sukhumvit 99)

Wiggy

"The peripheral vision is three dots switching from front to side to side in green amber and red..."
That's a colour blindness test also, that's why the only thing that you have to do is identify three colours correctly!

In Pathum Thani the colour blindness test was a big traffic light [emoji613]!!, with no peripheral vision test.

In Ayutthaya the peripheral vision test is checking you can identify coloured lights at the extremes of your vision ( left and right ) without moving your head. So I guess the peripheral vision test incorporates colour blindness also.

On 9/10/2019 at 8:36 AM, Wiggy said:

Finally, I would advise

I went there in late April during the hottest time of year and was wearing a light collared shirt and short trousers with trainers. I was barred from the test rooms and admonished like a child for inappropriate dress, long trousers only it seems.

On 9/14/2019 at 5:16 AM, MJKT2014 said:

I went there in late April during the hottest time of year and was wearing a light collared shirt and short trousers with trainers. I was barred from the test rooms and admonished like a child for inappropriate dress, long trousers only it seems.

Good point. There were signs there advising people of ‘appropriate dress.’ No skimpy stuff, short skirts, shorts etc. 

On 9/14/2019 at 12:59 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

In Pathum Thani the colour blindness test was a big traffic light emoji613.png!!, with no peripheral vision test.

In Ayutthaya the peripheral vision test is checking you can identify coloured lights at the extremes of your vision ( left and right ) without moving your head. So I guess the peripheral vision test incorporates colour blindness also.

Phuket is (at least when i did mine a few years ago) also using the traffic lights as the colour blindness test.

I argued with the staff as they used a orange light instead of red ???? and according to them it was red and orange was not the correct answer.

10 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Good point. There were signs there advising people of ‘appropriate dress.’ No skimpy stuff, short skirts, shorts etc. 

This is the case for all government buildings in Thailand. But most of the time they don't use the sign.

Phuket immigration will also ask you to leave if you are not properly dressed.

Hi,

thanks for the detailed report. I will have to do my 5 years renewal soon but 5 years ago I had the "book" version of WP and I now have the "phone app" version of WP (no more book).

First thing I thought was to do a screen shot of my WP and then print it but it might be a bit difficult to read. Anyone has done the renewal of driving license with the digital WP ?

Cheers.

Archived