Busted! Canadian woman stole a bag at Suvarnabhumi carousel

webfact

Busted! Canadian woman stole a bag at Suvarnabhumi carousel

3pm_VID.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Tourist police at Bangkok's main airport have announced the arrest of a 47 year old Canadian woman for theft of a bag.

They didn't have to go in search of the woman - she came back to them. 

A warrant for theft or receiving stolen goods at an airport had been issued by the Samut Prakarn court on September 4th. 

This followed a report from a passenger of the theft of a whole bag at a carousel on August 27th. 

The police found out who the thief was, her travel plans and waited. 

On Friday she turned up to check-in for a flight to the UAE and was promptly arrested and charged with theft from an airport or receiving stolen goods. 

She reportedly admitted the theft and said this was her first time. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-10

10 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Crazy, she had no idea what was inside. It could have contained some sort of contraband substance. 

Some people who are running drugs panic at the last moment and leave their contraband on the belt.

She could have really come unstuck had that been the case, who would believe her if she had said

"sorry I was only trying to steal the case"

2 things I do not understand

1 where was the actual owner?

2. There is another guy with her why was he not charged also

3. I guess customs did not check the bags.

China is not the only country to ask for your slip pakistan used to do it also

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

2. There is another guy with her why was he not charged also

3. I guess customs did not check the bags.

China is not the only country to ask for your slip pakistan used to do it also

That's 3 things unless its ask 2 get one free day???? 

Yeah <deleted> ? 

The man is the one that actually looked at the bag and removed it from the carousel. He isn't even mentioned.

Looking at the video, he looks at the bag. takes it off the carsouel, sits it on it's wheels and says something to the woman who then grabs the handle and starts away with it. Even a halfway decent lawyer could have argued that he told her it was his and got her to take it.

She could argue that if he hadn't done that, she would have just left it there.

Makes you wonder why they make no mention of the guy at all.

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Still waiting in the immigration queue.

Happened to me @ Don Meuang few years ago. Buggered if i could find my distinctive bag...black of course.

Had been removed & stockpiled with a bunch of others.

If I wasn't so knackered & bothered I might have panicked or something.

7 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

on another note, I travelled China, where security waits at baggage carousel  You must produce your baggage tag , which is checked , to exit the area.

Too logical and easy for Thailand. They used to do it in the USA too. I don't know if they still do as I haven't been back since 2002, after being appalled at the brainwashing that was taking place a year after 9/11. Plus being fed-up with stuff like taking two hours to get through immigration and missing connecting flights because their computer system was down - twice - and an x-ray machine that couldn't tell the difference between explosives and the silver paper on a pack of mints in my pocket, and .......

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Too logical and easy for Thailand. They used to do it in the USA too. I don't know if they still do as I haven't been back since 2002, after being appalled at the brainwashing that was taking place a year after 9/11. Plus being fed-up with stuff like taking two hours to get through immigration and missing connecting flights because their computer system was down - twice - and an x-ray machine that couldn't tell the difference between explosives and the silver paper on a pack of mints in my pocket, and .......

Very few airports actually check your baggage against your checked in baggage receipt or even name.  LAX for a little while many years ago used to have a person standing there and looking at tags.  Have not seen it in a long long time in just about every USA airport I have traveled through.  Going through customs though, I would have thought they might check the bags, but if one is waived through and not inspected, I guess they would not

15 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Crazy, she had no idea what was inside. It could have contained some sort of contraband substance. 

I think you have a good idea here for a sting operation!  If nothing else just put some spy camera, microphone, GPS device in a suitcase, put it on the carousel and sit back and see what takes the bait!  And if mean, do put something illegal in there!

Archived