4am closing: Will put Thai tourism "down the drain", says Dr Mohamed

webfact

Your opinion. Does it make it right for others? No, it doesn't. To each his own and too many people bother themselves with what others may do. If not illegal, and consuming alcohol is not, <deleted> off to all who think they expertly know what's better for others.

I’m sure this won’t go over well among some of you, but expanding bar hours till 4 is a terrible idea. 

All it it does is promote more crime and cause needles violence.

When bad things happen anywhere it’s usually late and at a bar. People get wasted and do things they wouldn’t do otherwise. And drunk tourists are sitting ducks for criminals.

I enjoy a few like anyone, but if you need to be at a bar after 2 or before 10 me thinks you’ve got a drinking problem.

Ok boys, have at it!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Omaha, Nebraska, the bars close at 2 a.m. In Las Vegas the bars are open 24 hours. Which gets more tourists? Have the 'farang' destroyed that town? When someone books a vacation they are prone to book a 'party town' even if they may retire early. What they want is the option to stay out late or stay in bed. Their daily lives are regulated. They are looking for options and the right to make up their own minds. Not everyone takes a girl home, but I bet they like the idea that they could if they wished it so. 

I meet tourist here all the time telling me how they heard Thailand was the place to party and leave EXTREMELY disappointed. I used to have friends who came here multiple times a year, and now they don't even think about it. 

10 hours ago, Helios said:

I meet tourist here all the time telling me how they heard Thailand was the place to party and leave EXTREMELY disappointed. I used to have friends who came here multiple times a year, and now they don't even think about it. 

I have no idea what you are driving at or why your friends do not come back. I guess it may have something to do with whether you want to party in public or private.  My partying in LOS has almost always turned out just fine.

Archived