BANGKOK
webfact

That's great! Foreign tourists help Thai man after motorcycle accident

Looking at the picture it seems the farang was helping or working with a Thai, I assume the driver of the vehicle involved. This seems a safe thing to do, I would have been reluctant to get involved otherwise. Because I have both medical knowledge and some equipment I am often asked by people in my village to measure their pulse, blood pressure, blood sugar, temperature etc. I am careful to give them information but not advice, it is their decision what to do with the information. 

• Like 2

The last one of half a dozen or so I've assisted had a gaping foot wound directly outside a pharmacy that would only sell me a dressing "end of assistance" to cover it from the scorching road surface and the videoing crowd until the ambulance arrived didn't even say thanks but sure the next one will🤔

• Like 2

A  troll post has been removed as well as the appropriate replies to the troll post. 

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Excellent, well done tourists! 

Now, some tool will be along to advise us ‘never help in an accident as you will be blamed’...  well, I hope this closes out that bar-stool-delusion.

We should help out if safe to do so and whenever we can - it contravenes basic decency & humanity not to. 

I’ve helped out in accidents in the past - knowing I did the right thing feels good. 

Then why do so many Thais not stop and help when they see an accident? We've all seen videos of them driving around or past someone sprawled in the road. I can only assume they lack the basic decency and humanity to refer to.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

It s great yes but that s just very normal, if doing a normal thing like this deserves a thread in a forum thats mean there something very wrong here. Is that so amazing that a tourist does this??? What kind of person would not help the accidented man in this situation? Anyway its always good to see people helping each other, im sure this is happening every single day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Then why do so many Thais not stop and help when they see an accident? We've all seen videos of them driving around or past someone sprawled in the road. I can only assume they lack the basic decency and humanity to refer to.

Because those who don’t stop are selfish or scared because they don’t know what to do.

It’s usually the story of a BG or some other uneducated person on the lower rungs of the socio-economic ladder who advise such rubbish - then the dim foreigners who date such people perpetuate the dumb myths. 

Most do stop and help... I’ve passed plenty of accidents and there are (nearly) always people getting involved & helping where they can. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They do not want to get implicated, injured people tend to want to blame others for their stupidity.

The injured party could easily blame you for the accident.

This is why the Thai's mind their own business.

Edited by VYCM
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Many Thais don't know how to give first aid, they don't have a glue what to do. 

On the other hand, my neighbor is a nurse. She goes to work in street clothes and changes at the hospital. Why? Because if there is a situation on the way to work, she doesn't want to get involved ... 

One neighbor I know I can count on in a pinch!  💩

13 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Perhaps because you are an ignorant foreigner is why you make fatuous remarks. 

• Confused 1