Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

That's great! Foreign tourists help Thai man after motorcycle accident

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Thailand Noobie said:

Many Thais don't know how to give first aid, they don't have a glue what to do. 

I am sure they would be happy to rub some Tiger Balm on your forehead.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

 

Then why do so many Thais not stop and help when they see an accident? We've all seen videos of them driving around or past someone sprawled in the road. I can only assume they lack the basic decency and humanity to refer to.

Maybe you assume too much.... most lack the medical knowledge so wait for the emergency services to arrive.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hmficc said:

Perhaps because you are an ignorant foreigner is why you make fatuous remarks. 

 

You don't even know me, and fortunately I don't know you either. I like it like that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Excellent, well done, now cut that silly pony tail off

Have to agree , nothing to do with accident but how about a pol , pony tails yes or no or UTH ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

 

You don't even know me, and fortunately I don't know you either. I like it like that.

Bangkok suits you, Barry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hmficc said:

Bangkok suits you, Barry. 

 

I'm not in Bangkok. Once upon a time, but no longer. As I said, you don't even know me. What motivates you to make disparaging remarks about a stranger, I wonder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 3:20 PM, RichardColeman said:

Excellent, well done, now cut that silly pony tail off

Please explain what his ponytail has to do with the incident or does it just personally offend you?

 

 

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Help out at an accident in Thailand and they may blame you for it and try to stuff you with the hospital bill.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flame posts removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Help out at an accident in Thailand and they may blame you for it and try to stuff you with the hospital bill.

Public liability is the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

 

I'm not in Bangkok. Once upon a time, but no longer. As I said, you don't even know me. What motivates you to make disparaging remarks about a stranger, I wonder?

The ugly way the strange one speaks about people for whom I have much affection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 6:51 AM, hmficc said:

I am sure they would be happy to rub some Tiger Balm on your forehead.

As your but too, I believe you loved that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 4:54 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

 

Then why do so many Thais not stop and help when they see an accident? We've all seen videos of them driving around or past someone sprawled in the road. I can only assume they lack the basic decency and humanity to refer to.

"We've all seen videos of them driving around or past someone sprawled in the road".

No, we haven't all seen that. 

 

You think that everyone in the vicinity of an accident should stop, regardless of others already there and assisting, and if anyone doesn't stop they all "lack basic decency and humanity"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 6:50 AM, hmficc said:

Perhaps because you are an ignorant foreigner is why you make fatuous remarks. 

They don't know what to do and are scared to make a mistake, making them (in their minds) accountable, i am sure many would like to help if they knew what to do in such cases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it has to do with the fear of ghosts.  That person lying on the road might already have died.  Thais in general really have this thing about ghosts, and won't go anywhere near where they perceive them to be.

 

But, that said, most Thai don't have a clue about proper first aid.  Perhaps it's not taught partially because of the paragraph above. 

 

Offering a bottle of water to someone who might have a minor injury, or may just be thirsty, though, could show some compassion and elicit a smile and a wai in appreciation.  I've done it on a couple occasions, and felt that I'd helped calm the situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...