Having books shipped from Book Depository?

ThLT

Book Depository (https://www.bookdepository.com/) in the UK offers free shipping, and I'd like to start ordering books from there to here in Bangkok, but I don't want to get hit by custom duties.

Does anyone have experience ordering from them—with no custom duties or anything like that? How large are your orders (or does Book Depository ship books separately)?

1. Books are not dutiable in Thailand. I have bought many from Amazon and in significant quantity, with no duty.
2. You should compare the total price from Amazon vs the total price from Book Depository. When I have done that in the past, they ended up being pretty similar in price. Indeed, I believe Book Depository is owned by Amazon. There may be some differences in specific books.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 5 weeks later...

Updating thread regarding experience with order:

- Emailed BookDepository regarding if they ship orders separately, and they confirmed they prefer to ship each book from an order separately.

- Ordered 3 books, two of them took around 8-10 business days, the last 14 business days.

- Free shipping, large selection, all three made it, no issues.

One year back I ordered and paid for 5 books from this shop, 3 turned up, the other 2 have never arrived.

E-mails to their office in UK waste of time, kept getting comments like 'maybe you should visit your local PO and check' etc. Never again. 

23 hours ago, scorecard said:

One year back I ordered and paid for 5 books from this shop, 3 turned up, the other 2 have never arrived.

E-mails to their office in UK waste of time, kept getting comments like 'maybe you should visit your local PO and check' etc. Never again. 

What shop are you referring to ? 

On 10/11/2019 at 2:33 AM, scorecard said:

Book Depository.

One of orders didn't arrive. I checked with neighbours and the local PO here in the Netherlands  (who won't have it, stuff is either delivered or returned to sender). I told BD that I did all that and no books yet after a month.  They shipped the order again without charge or questions.  Those arrived swiftly. And somehow half a year later the original order lay on my doormat. I contacted their customer service if they wanted me to return it or something,   it was all fine. I gave the duplicate books to a friend.