BANGKOK
OliverKlozerof

TM30 With 90-Day Report At CW?

I just mailed off my 90-day report, as usual, last week, since it's coming on 90 days since I returned from Europe. I have a TM30 form my landlord gave me, but I didn't include a copy of it in the 90-day materials I mailed off to CW. Does anyone know if it will 'fail' this time, because I didn't include the TM30? Thx.

You will soon find out no doubt

Or not - sent mine July 31st for August 14 due date and still do not have a return.  And I am not alone according to other posts on forum.  

did my 90 day report this morning, they never even asked or mentioned a tm 30 for the trip away last week, looks like some offices arent all that worried about them

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

CW accepts online 90 day reports. 

So you come online to let people know you sent a letter !!

Makes sense somewhere along the line I'm sure.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, berybert said:

CW accepts online 90 day reports. 

So you come online to let people know you sent a letter !!

Makes sense somewhere along the line I'm sure.

Immigration does not accept online reports from me or others that last entered the country before about 2013 as we are not in their database and they have no procedure in place to add us.  So yes there is a valid reason for using mail.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Immigration does not accept online reports from me or others that last entered the country before about 2013 as we are not in their database and they have no procedure in place to add us.  So yes there is a valid reason for using mail.  

The OP came back from Europe 90 days ago. 

2 minutes ago, berybert said:

The OP came back from Europe 90 days ago. 

Indeed I missed that - but he may well not feel up to using the system as it does not appear to be user friendly to all comers and expect more than a few gave up after many tries.  

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Indeed I missed that - but he may well not feel up to using the system as it does not appear to be user friendly to all comers and expect more than a few gave up after many tries.  

Precisely. I did online a few times...which from my Mac was a huge hassle (launch Parallels PC emulator, launch correct Windows OS, launch correct Explorer version, pray online system working; look for "United States"--aha, it's called "America," etc., etc.). Mail always works. Search for "90 day report kit" on my Mac, change data on form, change departure card info if necessary, sign it...yada yada yada...). Walk 10 minutes to post office, send registered....
Just for the hell of it, I just sent everything off again, this time WITH TM30. Hopefully I'll get the usual confirmation back. If not, yearly visa run to CW is next month, at which time I may have to pay an additional THB800 to the mandarins with their hands out. 😉 

I may be wrong, but I have always been under the impression that the first 90 day report after entering the country must be done in person.  After that, mailed or online reports are accepted.

You do not need a TM30 to file a 90 day report at CW if you are filing in person and you are returning to the same address as the previous 90 day report. I filed a 90 day report at CW a couple of weeks ago. They never asked for it.

Edited by Martyp
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, OliverKlozerof said:

I just mailed off my 90-day report, as usual, last week, since it's coming on 90 days since I returned from Europe. I have a TM30 form my landlord gave me, but I didn't include a copy of it in the 90-day materials I mailed off to CW. Does anyone know if it will 'fail' this time, because I didn't include the TM30? Thx.

I posted my 90 day report last month to CW, no TM30 on file for me at the time. Receipt came back after 3 weeks with no mention of TM30. 

• Thanks 1

Not that this is necessarily "the final word" (though it should be), there is no mention of the TM30 in the requirements for the 90-day report at the official site (below). Add to this the recent experience of the two posters above and it looks to me like the TM30 is NOT required when submitting the 90-day report.
http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days

I don't understand. Why would your landlord give you a copy of his TM.30 report on you, and why would you think you would have to have a copy to do anything at Immigrations? The TM.30 report, as is my understanding, is the responsibility of the landowner, not yours. Again, in my understanding, you do have a responsibility to fill out and file a TM.28 and keep a copy of that.

Is my understanding of these two forms incorrect?

• Haha 1