TM30 With 90-Day Report At CW?

I just mailed off my 90-day report, as usual, last week, since it's coming on 90 days since I returned from Europe. I have a TM30 form my landlord gave me, but I didn't include a copy of it in the 90-day materials I mailed off to CW. Does anyone know if it will 'fail' this time, because I didn't include the TM30? Thx.

did my 90 day report this morning, they never even asked or mentioned a tm 30 for the trip away last week, looks like some offices arent all that worried about them

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, berybert said:

CW accepts online 90 day reports. 

So you come online to let people know you sent a letter !!

Makes sense somewhere along the line I'm sure.

Immigration does not accept online reports from me or others that last entered the country before about 2013 as we are not in their database and they have no procedure in place to add us.  So yes there is a valid reason for using mail.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Immigration does not accept online reports from me or others that last entered the country before about 2013 as we are not in their database and they have no procedure in place to add us.  So yes there is a valid reason for using mail.  

The OP came back from Europe 90 days ago. 

2 minutes ago, berybert said:

The OP came back from Europe 90 days ago. 

Indeed I missed that - but he may well not feel up to using the system as it does not appear to be user friendly to all comers and expect more than a few gave up after many tries.  

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Indeed I missed that - but he may well not feel up to using the system as it does not appear to be user friendly to all comers and expect more than a few gave up after many tries.  

Precisely. I did online a few times...which from my Mac was a huge hassle (launch Parallels PC emulator, launch correct Windows OS, launch correct Explorer version, pray online system working; look for "United States"--aha, it's called "America," etc., etc.). Mail always works. Search for "90 day report kit" on my Mac, change data on form, change departure card info if necessary, sign it...yada yada yada...). Walk 10 minutes to post office, send registered....
Just for the hell of it, I just sent everything off again, this time WITH TM30. Hopefully I'll get the usual confirmation back. If not, yearly visa run to CW is next month, at which time I may have to pay an additional THB800 to the mandarins with their hands out. ???? 

You do not need a TM30 to file a 90 day report at CW if you are filing in person and you are returning to the same address as the previous 90 day report. I filed a 90 day report at CW a couple of weeks ago. They never asked for it.

Edited by Martyp
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, OliverKlozerof said:

I just mailed off my 90-day report, as usual, last week, since it's coming on 90 days since I returned from Europe. I have a TM30 form my landlord gave me, but I didn't include a copy of it in the 90-day materials I mailed off to CW. Does anyone know if it will 'fail' this time, because I didn't include the TM30? Thx.

I posted my 90 day report last month to CW, no TM30 on file for me at the time. Receipt came back after 3 weeks with no mention of TM30. 

• Thanks 1

Not that this is necessarily "the final word" (though it should be), there is no mention of the TM30 in the requirements for the 90-day report at the official site (below). Add to this the recent experience of the two posters above and it looks to me like the TM30 is NOT required when submitting the 90-day report.
http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days

I don't understand. Why would your landlord give you a copy of his TM.30 report on you, and why would you think you would have to have a copy to do anything at Immigrations? The TM.30 report, as is my understanding, is the responsibility of the landowner, not yours. Again, in my understanding, you do have a responsibility to fill out and file a TM.28 and keep a copy of that.

Is my understanding of these two forms incorrect?

• Haha 1

Assuming the landlord filed the TM30 properly - did they do it online or by mail - then that would be indicated in your record and your 90-day report by mail should be fine.

A TM30 receipt or proof of online filing is not one of the required documents for a TM47, at least for now.

There have been reports of both online and in person 90 day report filings being rejected for lack of a valid TM30, but these seem rare.

• Like 1

I have read so Many things on 90 day report so You been here since 2012 once I did it on line now I just mail in my lasagna on I didn’t include anything different th n before cop of my passport original 90 day report and had no problem when I leave the country after the 90 days I mail in line thats it 

I just did my latest 90 day report last week and TM30 was required.  Located in Bangkok, I had my staff take the 90 report to the one stop center as have been doing for years.  I did not have any TM30, last overseas trip in 2018, and for previous 90 day report (in June and also at the one stop) I had my staff ask immigration if TM30 was needed and they said no.  However it was different last week.  They did not sign the 90 day and I had to get a TM30.  Once that was done, the 90 day was signed.  For this TM30 and the current 90 day, went to immigration at Samutprakarn.  For what it's worth, I have work permit under BOI and always use the one stop center.  For this TM30 and 90 day, I did not go in person, used POA and my staff managed it.  Had to pay fine of 800 Baht.  I am condo owner and did TM30 under my name. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Or not - sent mine July 31st for August 14 due date and still do not have a return.  And I am not alone according to other posts on forum.  

Update - my mail report to Bangkok did not include Tm30 receipt but was received on August 2 and processed on August 20 and receipt received on September 10.  Appears there was and may still be a delay in processing mail reports.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, seajae said:

did my 90 day report this morning, they never even asked or mentioned a tm 30 for the trip away last week, looks like some offices arent all that worried about them

Did you mention that you went away, after all it is your responsibility to let them know.

I suppose if you did, it all depends on the IO, because last month when doing my 90 days I asked the immigration officer at our IO what would happen if I didn't submit a TM30 and he said, if he checked the system when I he does the 90 day reporting, which he doesn't, he wouldn't renew my 90 days until I submitted a TM30 and paid a fine or fines depending on how many times I didn't submit the TM30 in that year.

He added that they will check at the time the extension is done as that is when there is a lot of paperwork to process and head office have a check sheet they have to keep on file for auditing purposes for a retirement extension and send it in with the marriage extension, and if no TM30's have been lodged, then the extension gets delayed until the TM30's are lodged and fine/s paid. "Words from the horse's mouth".

The IO's there are a relaxed mob and this guy logged in and spun the computer screen around for me to see, he said, in October last year you stay in Phuket (out of province), Pattaya in February (out of province), Hua Hin in May (out of province), this rule has been around for a while, but they only bring this rule back in the last couple of months, so we start for you from today. I then said; um I am going to Chiang Mai on Friday for the weekend, do I need to come back here to see you, yes he said, get your wife to go online and register as she is your landlord, and she will wait for a password, and when you get back, you come and give us the TM30, which I did on the Monday, also told him that the wife applied online, he went into the system and saw that my wife applied for a password and said she will have it shortly so that you don't have to drive here each time, i.e. 1 hour 20 each way, very nice of him, she got it a week later.

I will also look at doing the 90 days online after my next extension which is due in January as my 90 days expires in November, but as I am overseas in October, the clock restarts when I get back, suffice to say, I will only need to go in once a year for anything to do with immigration, yippiee ki yay....   

But as I said earlier, it sounds like different IO have different rules, and when or if they are brought into line, there might be a few farangs caught with their pants down, not applying any scare tactics, but I wouldn't be leaving myself open based on the words of an IO, or other person of authority, if the law states otherwise, because I wouldn't be wanting to pay a fine for someone else's fark up so to speak.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

last month when doing my 90 days I asked the immigration officer at our IO what would happen if I didn't submit a TM30 and he said, if he checked the system when I he does the 90 day reporting, which he doesn't, he wouldn't renew my 90 days until I submitted a TM30 and paid a fine or fines depending on how many times I didn't submit the TM30 in that year.

Thanks for the info!

I know that when doing your extension of stay at your provincial IO that you can be fined when no TM30 of the place where you are currently staying is filed.   But - and this is new for me - your immigration officer stated that he would issue multiple fines depending on how many times you didn't submit them. 

So - at your IO at least - ignoring the whole TM30 reporting and once a year at extension of stay paying the fine could be a very costly thing if you have been travelling a lot in the country.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

So - at your IO at least - ignoring the whole TM30 reporting and once a year at extension of stay paying the fine could be a very costly thing if you have been travelling a lot in the country.

Absolutely, didn't think they could do it more than once, his words though, and his suggestion on doing it online was the best thing for us as I mentioned, we have to travel an hour 20 each way to do the TM30 thing and am grateful that he didn't fine us for the May trip as that would have been a low blow.

As I have been doing the 90 day reporting in person, it wasn't a problem as I would get the wife, drive there having our catch up away from a household of kids, and be literally the 1st cab off the rank at the IO so to speak, in and out in less than 5 minutes and then go for a late breakfast at the shopping centre, do some browsing/shopping and then go to the cattle station to buy our meat, but now with the TM30 reporting coming in, that would be a little too much, especially with the baht being as strong as it is, as I would be doubling up on petrol costs, suffice to say, as I have been doing the TM47 for 4 years now every 3 months, it is starting to become a little tedious, so going to do it online as I mentioned in my earlier post and save petrol money at the same time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I suppose if you did, it all depends on the IO, because last month when doing my 90 days I asked the immigration officer at our IO what would happen if I didn't submit a TM30 and he said, if he checked the system when I he does the 90 day reporting, which he doesn't, he wouldn't renew my 90 days until I submitted a TM30 and paid a fine or fines depending on how many times I didn't submit the TM30 in that year.

I can picture it now...

"Mister, my system shows you make trip every weekend in the last three years. Have to pay fine 120,000 baht for you, and same for landlord..."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, billsmart said:

I don't understand. Why would your landlord give you a copy of his TM.30 report on you, and why would you think you would have to have a copy to do anything at Immigrations? The TM.30 report, as is my understanding, is the responsibility of the landowner, not yours. Again, in my understanding, you do have a responsibility to fill out and file a TM.28 and keep a copy of that.

Is my understanding of these two forms incorrect?

Yes exactly land lord must provide that as its all on their shoulders im not sure if they understood maybe will be ok with that immigration? very odd indeed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lamyai3 said:

I can picture it now...

"Mister, my system shows you make trip every weekend in the last three years. Have to pay fine 120,000 baht for you, and same for landlord..."

do you really think they are that organised!? come off it 

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Did you mention that you went away, after all it is your responsibility to let them know.

He added that they will check at the time the extension is done as that is when there is a lot of paperwork to process and head office have a check sheet they have to keep on file for auditing purposes for a retirement extension and send it in with the marriage extension, and if no TM30's have been lodged, then the extension gets delayed until the TM30's are lodged and fine/s paid. "Words from the horse's mouth".

The IO's there are a relaxed mob and this guy logged in and spun the computer screen around for me to see, he said, in October last year you stay in Phuket (out of province), Pattaya in February (out of province), Hua Hin in May (out of province), this rule has been around for a while, but they only bring this rule back in the last couple of months, so we start for you from today. I then said; um I am going to Chiang Mai on Friday for the weekend, do I need to come back here to see you, yes he said, get your wife to go online and register as she is your landlord, and she will wait for a password, and when you get back, you come and give us the TM30, which I did on the Monday, also told him that the wife applied online, he went into the system and saw that my wife applied for a password and said she will have it shortly so that you don't have to drive here each time, i.e. 1 hour 20 each way, very nice of him, she got it a week later.

I will also look at doing the 90 days online after my next extension which is due in January as my 90 days expires in November, but as I am overseas in October, the clock restarts when I get back, suffice to say, I will only need to go in once a year for anything to do with immigration, yippiee ki yay....   

But as I said earlier, it sounds like different IO have different rules, and when or if they are brought into line, there might be a few farangs caught with their pants down, not applying any scare tactics, but I wouldn't be leaving myself open based on the words of an IO, or other person of authority, if the law states otherwise, because I wouldn't be wanting to pay a fine for someone else's fark up so to speak.

Which immigration office was this?  I would be very surprised if CW could pull something like this off, they are drowning in paper there already.

After perusing this, I come across OLIVERKLOZEROF, and a 90 day immigration "thingy

and thought I whilst im" here I will give it another try, well blow me 2.5 hrs later I 

finished stage 4, I have a reference number, but I have nothing else what occurs now

for years I have tried and tried very rarely have got past the capture caption,

so folks can anyone tell me what happens now my appearance date is 20/9/19 do they 

email you ?

1 hour ago, KBsinter said:

After perusing this, I come across OLIVERKLOZEROF, and a 90 day immigration "thingy

and thought I whilst im" here I will give it another try, well blow me 2.5 hrs later I 

finished stage 4, I have a reference number, but I have nothing else what occurs now

for years I have tried and tried very rarely have got past the capture caption,

so folks can anyone tell me what happens now my appearance date is 20/9/19 do they 

email you ?

Go to the 90 day reporting site https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm  put in the ref number or your passport details, and hey presto.

Forgot to mention, click on the check status of application.

Edited by berybert

2 hours ago, berybert said:

Go to the 90 day reporting site https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm  put in the ref number or your passport details, and hey presto.

Forgot to mention, click on the check status of application.

hey presto nothing... I have been trying to use it since it started and it worked only 2 times, just because you used it 1 time means nothing.... you can hear from most people the problems with it..  and I feel for those who have to drive hours to their immi centre.. when yes the online should/could work.. it is appalling... buy hey, having said that there are  a lot of western websites that are very faulty too....