BANGKOK
snoop1130

Britain will leave the EU on time, PM Johnson's adviser Cummings says

16 hours ago, david555 said:

Only if eternal fishing rights granted in return …..:cheesy: A small price for freedom I would say....:clap2:

Of course the Dutch can pay 3 times the price for each fish. Its only fair.

8 hours ago, kingdong said:

Cameron made it clear his party would honour the result,get over it.

You are right and so did Labour. Then changed its mind, then changed its n mind again and well nobody knows what the Labour party would honour, except themselves.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Of course the Dutch can pay 3 times the price for each fish. Its only fair.

And in return britain can pay 3 times the price for a pair of clogs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kingdong said:

And in return britain can pay 3 times the price for a pair of clogs.

The point is who wants clogs. mmmm fish or clogs. No brainer.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jinners said:

Maybe you don't but the vast majority of us Northeners do.

It was you lot that invented the game of catching toenail clippings in a butterfly net and expecting it to be an olympic discipline

• Like 1

And if you lose that then how many more referendums will you want?,Boris offered you a " people's vote" a general election no less and you bottled it.
Hard Brexiteers a little snarled up here. Have to put the "people's vote" label on the next election to get them out of the bind that only the 2016 referendum vote mattered (plus the no-deal spin). Tied up in knots.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Here, have a piece of holy writ:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1176414/brexit-latest-news-eu-uk-exit-no-deal-latest-boris-johnson-uk-politics

Brexit U-turn: More than a third of Remainers now want EU exit in huge turnaround
A NEW poll has revealed that 35 percent of Remainers now want Brexit to be delivered.
By JOEL DAY
00:25, Wed, Sep 11, 2019 | UPDATED: 16:11, Wed, Sep 11, 2019
The biggest u-turn is the Hard Brexiteer permanent one of denying/supporting the result of poll results when it suits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SheungWan said:

The biggest u-turn is the Hard Brexiteer permanent one of denying/supporting the result of poll results when it suits.

Just who is doing this polling?  You?.   The only poll that wants adhering to is the 2016 one,and will be delivered on time and 6 weeks to go,no doubting that

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kingdong said:
22 hours ago, 7by7 said:

There is only one poll which counts, and all of we British should be given the opportunity to participate in it and cast our votes in a final, legally binding referendum.

And if you lose that then how many more referendums will you want?,Boris offered you a " people's vote" a general election no less and you bottled it.

You want a people's vote?

By it's very definition a referendum is more of a people's vote than a General Election when most of the people who vote will do so on party lines.

The constituency where I live voted 'Remain' in 2016, but our MP is an out and out Brexiteer. However, I can guarantee that he will be returned at any election simply because this is a an ultra Tory safe seat and they would win if they put a donkey up as candidate. Or even Boris!

Boris tried to trick Parliament into an election at a date of his choosing; Parliament didn't let him get away with that trick. That's not bottling it; bottling it is Boris proroguing Parliament for five weeks so he can avoid awkward questions!

Edited by 7by7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

You want a people's vote?

By it's very definition a referendum is more of a people's vote than a general Election when most of the people who vote will do so on party lines.

The constituency where I live voted 'Remain' in 2016, but our MP is an out and out Brexiteer. However, I can guarantee that he will be returned at any election simply because this is a an ultra Tory safe seat and they would win if they put a donkey up as candidate.

Boris tried to trick Parliament into an election at a date of his choosing; Parliament didn't let him get away with that trick. That's not bottling it; bottling it is Boris proroguing Parliament for five weeks so he can avoid awkward questions!

Absolutely up to Boris to call the shots. Its been 3 years,three years of "awkward questioning"  how much more time needed?

Nobody knows the absolute outcome of anything,but if anything the positives are now about to be unveiled as to deal/no deal,but without a doubt Brexit is about to happen

17 hours ago, kingdong said:

Cameron made it clear his party would honour the result,get over it.

Yet Parliament, including the treacherous Rees-Mogg, prevented his successor from doing just that.

Give the people the choice in a final, legally binding referendum and this time Parliament, the government, or whoever you want to blame for the fiasco this has become, won't be able to block it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Loiner said:

Here, have a piece of holy writ:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1176414/brexit-latest-news-eu-uk-exit-no-deal-latest-boris-johnson-uk-politics

Brexit U-turn: More than a third of Remainers now want EU exit in huge turnaround
A NEW poll has revealed that 35 percent of Remainers now want Brexit to be delivered.
By JOEL DAY
00:25, Wed, Sep 11, 2019 | UPDATED: 16:11, Wed, Sep 11, 2019

Thank you for yet again proving my point for me.

In case you missed it, I repeat, there is only one poll which counts, and all of we British should be given the opportunity to participate in it and cast our votes in a final, legally binding referendum.

If you are so confident in the polls whose results you prefer, why you so terrified of having that vote?