Flooding in Ubon

Michael Hare

My Mrs told me that Mr Prayut was in Ubon again on Thursday. Apparently he was handing out cash from his much publicised fund to people affected by the flood.

When Bin was there, he was giving stricken families 5000 baht.

Prayut was giving a miserly 200 baht.

I can't verify, but it does come from someone whose brother is struggling in Warin Chamrap.

13 hours ago, Michael Hare said:

Both sides of the ring road passing Central Plaza are open. The inward bound lanes are down to one lane in some parts due to some bridge construction. 

@Michael Hare , do you know how is the situation in warin by the market, not the central market but the one by the ring road on the det udom road ?

3 hours ago, jastheace said:

@Michael Hare , do you know how is the situation in warin by the market, not the central market but the one by the ring road on the det udom road ?

No problems at all as of 5.30 this morning. Only a light drizzle at the moment 

23 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

How about the two main bridges between Ubon and Warin. Has the water gone down sufficiently to reconnect Warin with Meuang Ubon (for SUVs) other than via the Ring Road West or Ring Road East?

Morning “Santi”, 

i am pretty sure the main town bridge has reopened as of yesterday am. 

Warin bridge maybe today. 

I had to go to UBON RAK two days ago, the approach from the TanSum/Ring Road intersection passing south of the lake was ok. Slow, but ok

Driving around Seth UBON city and WARIN over the past week I have seen pick-up after pick-up from all provinces nth of Bangkok heading to the flooded villages or relocated victims around the Amphur. 

I have not seen one, not one government vehicle in a similar role except for the army trucks ferrying folk across the main, town bridge. 

Maybe im being unfair but I think the central government’s efforts in aiding the needy can be summed up in one word; ignominious. 

Archived