Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

What options are left for British PM Johnson on Brexit?

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, englishoak said:

 

If you want to split hairs im actually English, most realise it also means British. Im sorry you dont want to hear an opinion you dont like, when youve been here long enough youll get used to hearing things you dont like so just get used to it lad 😉 

 

Johnson could well throw N Ireland under the bus, the DUP are no longer important  and the EU already offered to go for that.. many  would love a unified Ireland and most in the EU and rest of the UK would agree Ireland should be reunited, A deal encouraging that possibility would be an option and I think popular enough, economically it would also be a good move for the UK and for social stability.   

Right out of nowhere you came with the most sensible solution ….congratulations 👌…..beware the hardcore leave lynch mob camp could be resembling now …. 5555 lol 

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bartender100 said:

 

 

 

 

These people perhaps..... Latest Rescom poll

69750310_1222528254597932_1595399008354828288_n.jpg

 

The EU has showed its true colours over Brexit, anyone would be mad to want to stay in if they did any kind of reseach

That graphic makes no sense , link to the poll please.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

That graphic makes no sense , link to the poll please.

Fake poll.
Bartender play with a big trawl.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, englishoak said:

If anyone thinks this is going to go away anytime soon they are mistaken. If the UK does leave remainers will just go into rejoin asap campaign mode. If they cancel Brexit and force the UK to remain the EU will end up with the mother of all headaches and a revist immediately a pro leave gov gets elected, it will not go away no matter what and thats just the UK. 

 

Best thing for the UK longterm imo is to leave ith no deal, take the economic pain coming, adapt and overhaul the domestic political and economic system and look longterm to the second half of the century.

 

That would include scrapping the Royal family, abolishing the Lords overhauling the political system, devaluing the £ and establishing more hi tech and home grown industry/infrastructure again, which will take time but needs to happen, the sooner the better for recovery and the pain will be economically significant but not longterm. In short the UK needs to reinvent itself and that cannot happen without the pain. 

 

The £ devalued would ignite the economy,facilitate growth and investment whilst short term downside would be a low exchange rate but  thats coming anyway imo its better done fast than a slow motion demise. Rather a bad exchange rate for a few years and recovery than a continuing demise over the next decade or more managed by the longterm failing EU

 

globalist business vs national governance, the resulting social conditioning is the battle of this century and the globalists have had the upper hand until very recently. Interesting times

Excellent piece of analysis, Englishoak. My original preference was Remain and Reform - get support within the EU for a nationalist wedge to work through dismantling the federal philosophy. I do agree that the only viable option since "surrender" agreement was repeatedly ditched is a clean break. But there are many, particularly those born into the globalist genetation, who do not care for a national identity and who question the existence of a single national culture, and who in consequence just want a quiet life as a non-ideological consumer and protector of the planet.

 

This later group of quiet Remainers would not miss the cut and thrust of Westminster politics and would happily live under one-party rule from Brussels.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Slip said:

They are representing their constituents.  That is to say, the best interests of those constituents, regardless whether those voters voted for them or not, or believe them or not.  That is the job of an MP in the UK parliamentary system.  MPs are not delegates.

Just keep believing it until the next election and see who survives.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Slip said:

They are representing their constituents.  That is to say, the best interests of those constituents, regardless whether those voters voted for them or not, or believe them or not.  That is the job of an MP in the UK parliamentary system.  MPs are not delegates.

Yup. In the remainer-politician's world, the "basket of deplorables" is overfilled...

Edited by Forethat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The UK will never be taken back into the EU fold,that must be obvious,the mood is far too sour.  Determination to leave the EU is far more intense than remainders could possibly muster,never mind the imaginary numbers in fake polls,  if not delivered there definitely will be mass rioting,a tipping point hopefully will not be reached.

  Every trick in the book,every twist and turn deployed to avoid the inevitable,just prolongs the agony .

 

 It was mass immigration that triggered the 2016 poll result,and is there and increasing today,that has to be addressed the 3 odd million migrants in UK need to

be investigated robustly,  a FoI request as to how many living in the UK are in receipt of welfare would be a positive step to enforce public opinion.  One obtained 6 to 7 years ago was quickly quashed,baroness Flather did the request,no trace of it now,even approaching her for comment in HoL  "They work for Us" website,draws a blank,create too much concern

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

The UK will never be taken back into the EU fold,that must be obvious,the mood is far too sour.  Determination to leave the EU is far more intense than remainders could possibly muster,never mind the imaginary numbers in fake polls,  if not delivered there definitely will be mass rioting,a tipping point hopefully will not be reached.

  Every trick in the book,every twist and turn deployed to avoid the inevitable,just prolongs the agony .

 

 It was mass immigration that triggered the 2016 poll result,and is there and increasing today,that has to be addressed the 3 odd million migrants in UK need to

be investigated robustly,  a FoI request as to how many living in the UK are in receipt of welfare would be a positive step to enforce public opinion.  One obtained 6 to 7 years ago was quickly quashed,baroness Flather did the request,no trace of it now,even approaching her for comment in HoL  "They work for Us" website,draws a blank,create too much concern

I don't think there will be mass rioting if they fail to deliver Brexit. I am, on the other hand, quite convinced there will be democratic recoil in the next GE.

 

I also believe there will be rioting and violence if they DO manage to deliver Brexit. In particular, if we leave on No Deal terms. Luckily, this will be isolated to a small number of extremists, fascists and anti-democrats in the larger cities. London, in particular. The exact same type of scenario could be witnessed when Hillary's supporters went berserk all over USA when democracy was allowed to speak.. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 9:58 PM, bartender100 said:

 

 

 

 

These people perhaps..... Latest Rescom poll

69750310_1222528254597932_1595399008354828288_n.jpg

 

The EU has showed its true colours over Brexit, anyone would be mad to want to stay in if they did any kind of reseach

Oh my word - so now leavers are posting made up graphics of made up companies reporting made up polls - AND who liked it ? 🤔.......😂

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

doesnt make sense that he dissed nigel farage as he would have meant a solid block of leavers in his top pocket that would blast corbyn the commy from the 70s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...