Growing ganja in Thailand: Think again if you just want to get high

webfact

Growing ganja in Thailand: Think again if you just want to get high

1pm.jpg

Picture:

The growing of ganja at home is on the verge of getting the green light. 

But those who think that it will be an easy way to get high might have to think again. 

What plants can be grown and the amount of THC in them is likely to be strictly regulated so that it conforms to standards related to the requirements of medical marijuana.  

THC is tetrahydrocannabinol - the chemical that is responsible for the psychological effects or "high" from cannabis. 

The higher limit of plants used to induce intoxication contain THC levels of around 30% of dry weight; the proposals in Thailand are to allow plants that have a fraction of this amount.

People who flout the incoming laws are still likely to be prosecuted, notes Thaivisa.

The Bhum Jai Party have proposed that the Thai population be allowed to grow up to six plants per family.

At the weekend they conducted a think tank open to the public to discuss what proposals to make in upcoming ministerial discussions regarding to the changing of a host of laws in relation to the drug, reported Workpoint News 

BJP listed the growing of ganja as one of their key election promises with billboards all over the country imploring voters to choose them as it would enable the Thai population to ease economic hardships by growing the ganga plants. 

But Dr Somneuk Siriphanthong at the meeting said that THC levels in plants should be low allowing them to be used for the medical ganja market. 

A figure of 0.5% was mentioned below which the drug could be sold for the cosmetics market. It was not clear what the upper limit of THC percentage should be and what recommendations would be made.

The provenance of the seeds will also need to form part of the law - people could not just grow any kind of cannabis they desire was the message from the meeting. 

Until the new laws come into effect the growing of ganja at home will be a gray area. 

If and when the law changes it may be hard to regulate with interpretation of the law by police and local authorities a key factor, notes Thaivisa. 

Source: Workpoint News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-11

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My Thai gf, Thai step-daughter, and 8 year old Thai son will all be growing their 6 plants in my back garden.

Yes, that´s right. It must be exactly as with the beer. If the percentage is low, you just have to drink (smoke) more.

12 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, that´s right. It must be exactly as with the beer. If the percentage is low, you just have to drink (smoke) more.

Well since they put the standard at 30% thc for "gets you high" plants you don't need to worry too much about it. 30% is absolute top notch stuff, you'd be very lucky if you find weed like that outside countries where it's legalized. The average weed on the street in western countries ranges between 14-20%. The stuff here in southeast Asia is around 10%.

If the goverment is as clueless like the people who wrote this article then people will have no problems getting stoned from the stuff that will be allowed to be grown

To be honest with you, all the weed here sucks compared to what you get in the USA. Thats just a fact of growing expertise and technology. It will be years before you get chronic here.

Thats cool though because some of the USA stuff just paralyzes you. Last year I rolled into LAX at like 6pm from Shanghai and after wending my way to a hotel, I took off for MedMen and just whacked myself with some Oil to the point that I spend 20 minutes looking at a pizza menu. Too zombie, but I slept good......

28 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

To be honest with you, all the weed here sucks compared to what you get in the USA. Thats just a fact of growing expertise and technology. It will be years before you get chronic here.

Thats cool though because some of the USA stuff just paralyzes you. Last year I rolled into LAX at like 6pm from Shanghai and after wending my way to a hotel, I took off for MedMen and just whacked myself with some Oil to the point that I spend 20 minutes looking at a pizza menu. Too zombie, but I slept good......

i had not smoked any weed since 1972 but i have a ex business partner who on the last trip back to LA insisted I try some of his weed. 

"it's legal now. you got to try it."

and yes, I was paralyzed. not like 1972 where you just got sort of happy and talked a lot. this was complete shut down for about 15 minutes. 

i am sure we are going to see a increase in topics on this forum from farangs tourists who have read these stories about weed being "legal" now and have been arrested for testing positive for THC.

there have already been a few topics started by tourists asking were to buy or how much they can bring with them...

or how about a farang who gets THC oil "legally" with a prescription and gives a few drops to a friend who then tests positive without a prescription. and the cops coming looking for the source. 

10 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i am sure we are going to see a increase in topics on this forum from farangs tourists who have read these stories about weed being "legal" now and have been arrested for testing positive for THC.

there have already been a few topics started by tourists asking were to buy or how much they can bring with them...

or how about a farang who gets THC oil "legally" with a prescription and gives a few drops to a friend who then tests positive without a prescription. and the cops coming looking for the source. 

Ja dude and the cops are out in force between Phrom Pong and Nana at night too...

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

"Nice plant Farang but our GT-200 THC content tester says your plant to much THC. You under arrest. I keep plant for evidence at my house."

Looks like you might need some help to burn all that evidence which happens to be one of my areas of expertise.

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

so everybody on TV is going to be stoned on THC oil. :clap2:

the comments are going to be like "sddg qmkeo mc'ri e'wrj" or "far out man, i love you all now. i agree with everyone. god is love."

wait till shatter hits thailand...... what could possibly go wrong.

6 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

so everybody on TV is going to be stoned on THC oil. :clap2:

the comments are going to be like "sddg qmkeo mc'ri e'wrj" or "far oUt mAn, i love yOu all noW. i agrEE with eVeryone. God is loVe."

What do you mean mc'ri e'wrj"?I thought it was kf:d9) j%ge*!

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The provenance of the seeds will also need to form part of the law - people could not just grow any kind of cannabis they desire was the message from the meeting. 

I wonder if they have heard of cloning and how on earth are they going to enforce provenance laws on millions of growers?Are they going to genetically test each plant to see if it complies with provenance?What possible explanation could they come up with to dictate what strains should be grown?This sounds like a TM30 for ganja plants and I would expect the explanation would make about as much sense or maybe to stop the THC terrorists from infiltrating the market.

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

or how about it doesnt happen at all?

25+ years in thailand and never so much as one test positive for thc. there would have been if they were actually resting for it.

chances are so slim concern is laughable.

39 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

or how about it doesnt happen at all?

25+ years in thailand and never so much as one test positive for thc. there would have been if they were actually resting for it.

chances are so slim concern is laughable.

can you say how many times you were tested? and you were sure you had THC in your system?

10 times- 100 times?

i ask because i read about so many people being drug tested in Thailand.

Well, my Son just sent this photo of his "White Widow" (I would say 10 more days to go). He has been growing for 14 yrs now, and in my book I would put him at a Senior Grower.

His first time growing White Widow... I told him, not bad.

Now what is happening here in Thailand, we need to slow down with cannabis. The Thai Gov needs to focus on growing Hemp first, that is the cash crop... not cannabis!

The six plant per house hold is a bad idea, grow hemp first, then look into medical marijuana and them think about recreational marijuana later. Thailand is moving way to fast.

I am working for a Thai own company here in BKK;  http://taratera.com/?fbclid=IwAR1PTvPIGL4L7M3NGgUQ4MA8PfZwd8k7Jh2_4eEv4-T6HiktXP4PbKeWY20

I am the Master Grower for Taratera, and I have put a team of growers together from America, Canada, England and South Africa so far. And still looking for more.

We have are building designs, and are Greenhouse by https://datt.asia/

But we will see what happens at the end of the month...

White Widow.jpg

Archived