BANGKOK
webfact

Growing ganja in Thailand: Think again if you just want to get high

12 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

the process for drying and curing needs to be quite exact in order to achieve AAAA cannabis. relative to scale sure it could be easy

I only addressed "curing", not drying. And I only considered relatively small indoor growers. Drying and curing really isn't that challenging. 

13 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

what percentage of the entire market here do you think is non brick ? i am betting it is quite small.

Yes, of course it's small. That wasn't being discussed.

14 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

i was wrong there. my mistake. i had confused cbd percent with ratio. wasn't thinking straight for some reason 🙂

No problem. 30:1 is an industry standard term, and there are many, many, many, many breeders offering 30:1 strains, and 1:1 strains. CBD breeding is going gangbusters.

15 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

concentrates are starting to dominate the markets. in the coming years they will take over.

Yes, pretty much everyone knows this already. In many markets non-flower (includes edibles) far outstrips flower. That said, over the past few weeks all forms of concentrate sales have cratered, and it will take a long time to climb back. All natural products like rosin and bubble are fine.

17 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

for the big part of the market i have to say you're wrong.

No doubt that in newer markets some head into the shop looking for the highest THC percentage (flower), like young adults buying alcohol for the first time. But it seems like the trend, again in flower, is towards uniqueness, terpene profile and even appellation.

38 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, pretty much everyone knows this already.

i think you are giving the general market a little too much credit. 

In many markets non-flower (includes edibles) far outstrips flower. That said, over the past few weeks all forms of concentrate sales have cratered,

and it will take a long time to climb back. All natural products like rosin and bubble are fine.

No doubt that in newer markets some head into the shop looking for the highest THC percentage (flower), like young adults buying alcohol for the first time. But it seems like the trend, again in flower, is towards uniqueness, terpene profile and even appellation.

i think again you are giving the market more credit than you should. most people drink or smoke to get the intoxicating feeling. sure taste etc are important but at the end of the day for your average consumer i think it is far less relevant. connoisseur and medical smokers aside. i just wonder how many people would continue to buy 10 % thc weed that tasted good over a 30 %.  same would apply with alcohol. most people buy alcohol for the buzz over the taste ? i mean look at the stats on alcohol here. as far as i know lao khao dominates the market. i may be wrong on that one though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sillyfool said:

the process for drying and curing needs to be quite exact in order to achieve AAAA cannabis. relative to scale sure it could be easy. once scaled up its not so easy no ? 6 outdoor plants in thailand if done correct would yield about 2kg each. that is 12kg per house. how many mason jars and boveda packs is that ? i guess it all depends on what one regards as quality. 

5 gallon buckets. Worked for us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sillyfool said:

Circling back to my earlier statement, you've taken us far afield, world class cannabis can be grown here. World class cannabis is being grown here today.

Carry on.

13 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Circling back to my earlier statement, you've taken us far afield, world class cannabis can be grown here. World class cannabis is being grown here today.

Carry on.

i guess what you and i consider world class cannabis differs then. 

in another thread a poster said proof of such is key. do you have proof ? 

1 hour ago, sillyfool said:

i guess what you and i consider world class cannabis differs then. 

in another thread a poster said proof of such is key. do you have proof ? 

Oh it's available for sure.  I've seen plenty of evidence.  You pay a pretty price for it as well, so I've heard.

5 hours ago, sillyfool said:

i think again you are giving the market more credit than you should. most people drink or smoke to get the intoxicating feeling. sure taste etc are important but at the end of the day for your average consumer i think it is far less relevant. connoisseur and medical smokers aside. i just wonder how many people would continue to buy 10 % thc weed that tasted good over a 30 %.  same would apply with alcohol. most people buy alcohol for the buzz over the taste ? i mean look at the stats on alcohol here. as far as i know lao khao dominates the market. i may be wrong on that one though. 

You're absolutely right.

I buy the cheapest beer I can find, and zero bottles of fine wine.

I'm willing to test any local chronic and honestly review same. I'll do it gratis.

19 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I'm willing to test any local chronic and honestly review same. I'll do it gratis.

If you can’t find it in your new neighborhood (PK) it means they don’t trust you.  It’s really nothing special here compared to what’s on offer back in LA....even the good stuff.  Of course...someone somewhere in BKK is growing “world class stuff”...good luck meeting them. 

An inflammatory post has been removed. 

Some off topic posts have been removed.