Growing ganja in Thailand: Think again if you just want to get high

webfact

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I have no clue why people enjoy getting stoned.

Sit around like a zombie unproductive and useless.

Says alot about a person I guess.

We're all retired, and prohibited from working by our VISA, the very definition of unproductive and useless.

How is smoking cannabis going to make us worse?

24 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I have no clue why people enjoy getting stoned.

Sit around like a zombie unproductive and useless.

Says alot about a person I guess.

Probably because they don't have a young wife same you, to keep them occupied/vibrant/stimulated...

47 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

can you say how many times you were tested? and you were sure you had THC in your system?

10 times- 100 times?

i ask because i read about so many people being drug tested in Thailand.

it has been a number of years, but i have been tested at least 10 times during the purachai era of nightclub raids, and most definitely had thc in my system, on some occasions, more than just thc. never once was i tested positive. we simply started having house parties because at one point i had been tested 3 weekends in a row at 3 different clubs, and taken once in the back of a convoy of pickups to lumpini station where we were held until we had a chance to pee. at that time no one i knew tested positive for anything, though it was certain that many should have. one lady boy who was rounded up did test positive, and she was well known around the clubs for her use of meth.

they certainly are running tests, but at that time, and at this time, it is unclear what exactly they are testing for. most commonly tested would be methamphetamine, simply because it is the most commonly abused, and trace elements of it could be found in other drugs, such as mdma or coke.

while there are comprehensive urine drug screens, as they get more complex, they get more expensive, and less likely to be administered in the street or in a club. the test kits go for around 5 bucks each, though a bulk discount seems likely, i still find it hard to believe the BIB are burning through a couple hundred a night.

a conversation with someone who was tested within the last 6 months indicated that the test administered was no a multi panel test,  but one that simply involved the use of a reagent strip that changed colour to indicate positive or negative. it was unlikely to be for multiple drugs. my acquaintance was negative, though believed he was very lucky.

i may be wrong, but i highly doubt it was thc they were looking for.

As an aside, i have mellowed considerably, though some haven't, and i honestly cant come up with a single person who has tested positive recently.

2 hours ago, Evolare said:

And for anyone who want to grow we have most organic nutrients and fertilizer. That you might want for growing organic cannabis or anything else organic for that matter. You can find us at @Bestgardenstate or @rongngankradookponamd on facebook soon we will have our new webshop us. At bestgardenstate.com

We also have supplies for cloning and growing from seed.

We are one of the largest suppliers of organic nutrients in Thailand. With sales in thousands of tons per month. Supplying farms all over Thailand.

We also offer service for soil testing etc with  lour experts writing recommendations for amendments etc.

I've got some dirt too,and it's dirt cheap!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

But Dr Somneuk Siriphanthong at the meeting said that THC levels in plants should be low allowing them to be used for the medical ganja market. 

A figure of 0.5% was mentioned below which the drug could be sold for the cosmetics market. It was not clear what the upper limit of THC percentage should be and what recommendations would be made.

Here is the perfect example of knowing nothing about what they are doing. Not a clue. They are making it up as they go along. No fact finding from countries or states that have legalized marijuana. Its really quite funny. 

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

That's great news, the police will need to become botanical experts.

"OK officer, here's 500bht to help you decide on the legality of my 'pot plant'"

Gee I better move the tomato plants from outside house wall to back of house!

I'll be shocked if they actually allow a home-grow option here. Beer is legal, but home-brewing is not. Can't see the PTB forsaking the revenue.

Many people are growing world class cannabis here or so I've read on the interwebs, both indoors and outdoors. Seeds (both auto and photo/feminized) are widely available, both here (still legal via a loophole) and from seedbanks in The Netherlands, Spain, U.K. and the U.S. You can get White Widow (Auto or Fem) from dozens of suppliers. Outdoors is a challenge for most photos here.

If they get this far, the upper limit might be 15% - 20% THC, and 30:1 CBD strains, and they may have government seed banks, and you'll have to file a TM420 for your plants.

Got a kick out the chap who used Chronic (actually The Chronic). Haven't heard that one in nearly 25 years.

While I rarely smoke weed anymore, I'd rather smoke a couple of times a week and relax with some good food and a movie or super mario or something than go drinking beer every other day like so many of us do here in Thailand and end up as alcoholics.

57 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I'll be shocked if they actually allow a home-grow option here. Beer is legal, but home-brewing is not. Can't see the PTB forsaking the revenue.

Many people are growing world class cannabis here or so I've read on the interwebs, both indoors and outdoors. Seeds (both auto and photo/feminized) are widely available, both here (still legal via a loophole) and from seedbanks in The Netherlands, Spain, U.K. and the U.S. You can get White Widow (Auto or Fem) from dozens of suppliers. Outdoors is a challenge for most photos here.

If they get this far, the upper limit might be 15% - 20% THC, and 30:1 CBD strains, and they may have government seed banks, and you'll have to file a TM420 for your plants.

Got a kick out the chap who used Chronic (actually The Chronic). Haven't heard that one in nearly 25 years.

world class you say ? ahhhhhhh

is there even a 30:1 cbd strain out there ? 

3 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Gray .! Last time I looked Ganj' was green .. 

They did mention something about a green light,I've seen and grown purple buds and they were very pretty.Plus there are reddish brown "mad hairs" as we called them and then some of the leaves can turn yellow,so all up it's almost a rainbow!

Couple things that are strange

1 UCLA has researched cannabis for 15 years - canada also has huge research and listed companies trading on the stock market. Why is thailand still doing research? for what? Just get it translated and learn english!! It's already been scientifically proven

Did every pill and medical advancement have to be rediscovered by thailand to be approved? what paracetemol and penicillin was rediscovered here to be allowed?

Every doctor has a hipocractic oath to provide the medicine for his patients. If they block cannabis they are in direct conflict of their oath

2 They dont understand what is hemp and cannabis they always get it confused. Hemp is legal all over the world and can be used for rope and protein from the seeds its also possible to produce biodiesel from

The CBD is a new thing and i understand they need to discuss it but even when the largest farms in canada with billions of dollars for investment come to thailand they are brick walled and cannot invest here

If you read in the business newspaper a thai lady i believe named kitty or something similar is trying to start a incubator to help farmers get into the industry but even she said herself in the bangkok post that its close to impossible for small farmers

Getting high ok i understand they are alot of objections to that but growing for fibre / animal feed / nutrition / botanical / biodiesel reasons is legal for decades in hundreds of places so why do they need to reinvent the wheel? 

If there is a cancer breakthrough or some new wonder drug they will prescribe it here surely without needing to re-do research and debate it at length... if you want xanax or some opiate you can get it easily so why they take such a strange approach and insult the studies made by other nations

Knowledge is universal and by saying they know better than huge decade long studies by the leading universities in the world its really confusing

If you want your kid to be smart here they send them to a american / british school like berkley, oxford, etc etc they all reach for international standards yet when it comes to medical studies on cannabis they dispute it - this is very strange indeed and I think someone needs to have a frank discussion with them about it. They keep writing in the newspaper this oppinion but why not bring it up face to face man to man! Come on let your voice be heard! Let the farmers grow and let us prosper you cannot stand against progress and hemp is a great crop we can build a strong economy on - henry ford said so himself! 

39 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

world class you say ? ahhhhhhh

Yes. Of course. Using top-line genetics, cannabis cup winners. Now are yields, curing world-class? Not in all cases.

39 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

is there even a 30:1 cbd strain out there ? 

Yes, many breeders, both auto and photo, CBD 15% - 20%, THC 0.5%.

Easy to find with your google machine, not gonna provide links here.

Archived