Growing ganja in Thailand: Think again if you just want to get high

webfact

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, MartiniMan said:

Knowledge is universal and by saying they know better than huge decade long studies by the leading universities in the world its really confusing

Thai knowledge different, can't have any of that evil farang knowledge, mai dee.

Well since they put the standard at 30% thc for "gets you high" plants you don't need to worry too much about it. 30% is absolute top notch stuff, you'd be very lucky if you find weed like that outside countries where it's legalized. The average weed on the street in western countries ranges between 14-20%. The stuff here in southeast Asia is around 10%.

If the goverment is as clueless like the people who wrote this article then people will have no problems getting stoned from the stuff that will be allowed to be grown

You are completely right Okis. The weed usually grown outdoors it ranges between 6 to 15% THC . And that’s already strong enough to get high, i mean smoking a 12-15% THC weed.

The kilos of weed coming from Laos “thai stick” it’s called, it never has over 10%THC.

WHEN TALKING ABT A 30% thc stuff it’s high end stuff you can find in some good coffee shops in Amsterdam or so, genetically modified stuff.

Believe me, you won’t have a 30% thc stuff to smoke everyday. It’s really too strong and it can trigger psycosis, and even schizophrenia in young teens with noe perience.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, webfact said:

What plants can be grown and the amount of THC in them is likely to be strictly regulated so that it conforms to standards related to the requirements of medical marijuana. 

So they are going to know what everyone is doing in their own backyards ?

4 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

As they have in every other country that has legalized. 

There is actually only 3 country with legal cannabis: Uruguay, Canada and South Africa. But I understand what you are implying. 

Just now, Tayaout said:

There is actually only 3 country with legal cannabis: Uruguay, Canada and South Africa. But I understand what you are implying. 

Yes, big business moves in and the traditional growers struggle, and most often fail to legitimize. 

I would say you could add the US to your list, they are moving in that direction, albeit piecemeal. 

10 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

To be honest with you, all the weed here sucks compared to what you get in the USA. Thats just a fact of growing expertise and technology. It will be years before you get chronic here.

Thats cool though because some of the USA stuff just paralyzes you. Last year I rolled into LAX at like 6pm from Shanghai and after wending my way to a hotel, I took off for MedMen and just whacked myself with some Oil to the point that I spend 20 minutes looking at a pizza menu. Too zombie, but I slept good......

I always stop at MedMen near LAX to grab some gummies to eat before I go through security to make the flight back...enjoyable.

5 hours ago, marin said:

Here is the perfect example of knowing nothing about what they are doing. Not a clue. They are making it up as they go along. No fact finding from countries or states that have legalized marijuana. Its really quite funny. 

It's not that they haven't a clue; the government are just waiting til the wealthy Thai pay the officials sitting on top of this new THC franchise enough money to dictate what the new laws will be.

Then the wealthy Thais will make a mediocre business from pot, squeeze and screw the farmers who should be profiting from hemp crop, and fight endlessly with the cops about what percentage they receive.(cops will always feel they are not getting enough, and inevitably take it out on the backpackers caught toking up on the beach) 

We all know where this is going

10 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

To be honest with you, all the weed here sucks compared to what you get in the USA. Thats just a fact of growing expertise and technology. It will be years before you get chronic here.

Thats cool though because some of the USA stuff just paralyzes you. Last year I rolled into LAX at like 6pm from Shanghai and after wending my way to a hotel, I took off for MedMen and just whacked myself with some Oil to the point that I spend 20 minutes looking at a pizza menu. Too zombie, but I slept good......

To be honest all the weed available to you here sucks. 

There is very good weed around, you just have to know the right people, and they don't live in the villages or grow it in fields. 

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Sit around like a zombie unproductive and useless.

Says alot about a person I guess.

Says more about a person who knows nothing about cannabis spouting their mouth off about it . 

Do your homework then maybe you'll realise not all cannabis leaves you like a zombie . More and more people are using it to be creative and more productive . 

I suggest you try a joint or 2 .

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I have no clue why people enjoy getting stoned.

Also it makes white girls want to have sex with negroes.

The first 4 words of your post say it all.

Much more productive to look down upon people you've never met from your high moral ground.  Says a lot about you.

11 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

it has been a number of years, but i have been tested at least 10 times during the purachai era of nightclub raids, [...]

Maybe the BiB didn't buy the testing reagent and pocketed the money instead (or found a place to sell it), and all this time they were just accusing people of being under the influence.

Sometimes corruption can work in your favor.

In the US you can get kits for testing for THC at the dollar store.  Never tried one (I know what the result would be ???? )

Ain't it funny, though, how weed was a dangerous and illegal drug, menace to society etc and now in the US we can go to a shop and buy things like this:

image.thumb.jpeg.14c7e5fd89ff241ffadaf86c53d2df2e.jpeg

And there are freeway billboards

image.png.a1b1673ec9f47f2c8862db802c56631a.png

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I have no clue why people enjoy getting stoned.

Every once in a while it's nice to relax and be a a human "being" instead of a human "doing".  One man's opinion.....

7 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

To be honest all the weed available to you here sucks. 

There is very good weed around, you just have to know the right people, and they don't live in the villages or grow it in fields. 

Ok dude whatever you say. I bow before your superior knowledge and connections, thank God you know "the right people" rotflmao.

But here is you chance for glory: prove it. I'm a connesewer. If you can't or won't, then the cries of poseur shall echo in the hallowed halls.

3 hours ago, bendejo said:

Maybe the BiB didn't buy the testing reagent and pocketed the money instead (or found a place to sell it), and all this time they were just accusing people of being under the influence.

Sometimes corruption can work in your favor.

In the US you can get kits for testing for THC at the dollar store.  Never tried one (I know what the result would be ???? )

Ain't it funny, though, how weed was a dangerous and illegal drug, menace to society etc and now in the US we can go to a shop and buy things like this:

image.thumb.jpeg.14c7e5fd89ff241ffadaf86c53d2df2e.jpeg

And there are freeway billboards

image.png.a1b1673ec9f47f2c8862db802c56631a.png

Huge surplus in Oregon.

But, hey, it's a plant. Even bad dro be better than no dro. If you ain't got the fire, Reggie will do.

Archived