Growing ganja in Thailand: Think again if you just want to get high

webfact

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I think draft legislation was introduced yesterday by the Bhumjaithai (Proud Thai) Party , think it does inclue the six plant option.

No clue what this really means, what the process is, etc.

I think it really means is that Thais have already started growing it and the legislative process is playing catch up!

On 9/11/2019 at 4:27 PM, mtls2005 said:

Yes. Of course. Using top-line genetics, cannabis cup winners. Now are yields, curing world-class? Not in all cases.

Yes, many breeders, both auto and photo, CBD 15% - 20%, THC 0.5%.

Easy to find with your google machine, not gonna provide links here.

ok so not world class at all then. you can have the 2019 high times cup winner genetics but without proper curing you are wasting your time. 

any cannabis i have ever seen on the tv here is in brick form. which i am going to assume is the majority of what is produced in the region. 

you stated a 30:1 ratio of cbd available then go and say many breeders are at 15 to 20. so they aren't producing 30:1 then ?

On 9/12/2019 at 4:40 AM, Nyezhov said:

Ok dude whatever you say. I bow before your superior knowledge and connections, thank God you know "the right people" rotflmao.

But here is you chance for glory: prove it. I'm a connesewer. If you can't or won't, then the cries of poseur shall echo in the hallowed halls.

yes to this comment.........

On 9/12/2019 at 1:48 PM, mtls2005 said:

Are you talking flower or concentrate?

Flower (non CBD strains) runs 10% - 22%, but have seen some strains in my local shop at 28.4% (Sweet Tooth) and 29.5% (Sunshine Daydream), but these are rare. One just smokes less. The sweet spot seems like 22%?

Concentrates (Shatter, wax, rosin, distillate, etc) run into the 80% range; and I've seen a shatter in the shop tested at 96.2% (Golden Lemon).

Kind of like the difference between beer, wine, tequila and Everclear.

the best growers don't and will never work for dispensaries or any sort of government operation. back home in canada the black market still dominates and the quality tells why. 22% is lame. 

13 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

the best growers don't and will never work for dispensaries or any sort of government operation. back home in canada the black market still dominates and the quality tells why. 22% is lame. 

Yeah there aint much to do in Alaska, BC or the Yukon in winter except tend your plants, talk to them, carefully nuture each strain with love and care, feed them, love them, coax those buds into a magnificence of budliness, hand harvest them, carefully cure each nugget, put them in a baggie and 4x4 your way into town where you can trade them for rice, flour, cooking oil, propane, maybe some carrots to liven up your Moose stew. 

Fire up the fireplace, pour a steaming bowl of stew, fire up a fattie and listen to the wind howl. 

Oh yeah baby, been there, done that. Off to Mixx, ta ta girlfriends.

On 9/11/2019 at 11:48 PM, mtls2005 said:

Are you talking flower or concentrate?

Flower (non CBD strains) runs 10% - 22%, but have seen some strains in my local shop at 28.4% (Sweet Tooth) and 29.5% (Sunshine Daydream), but these are rare. One just smokes less. The sweet spot seems like 22%?

Concentrates (Shatter, wax, rosin, distillate, etc) run into the 80% range; and I've seen a shatter in the shop tested at 96.2% (Golden Lemon).

Kind of like the difference between beer, wine, tequila and Everclear.

I hate it when people start bringing facts to the argument.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, sillyfool said:

ok so not world class at all then. you can have the 2019 high times cup winner genetics but without proper curing you are wasting your time. 

Proper curing is a simple procedure. Mason Jar + Boveda. Waiting is the hardest part.

any cannabis i have ever seen on the tv here is in brick form. which i am going to assume is the majority of what is produced in the region. 

You don't get out much? I was referring to select home growers, and what is possible, not Somchai in Nakhon Phanom growing brick weed.

you stated a 30:1 ratio of cbd available then go and say many breeders are at 15 to 20. so they aren't producing 30:1 then ?

When the THC content is 0.5%, and the CBD content is 15%, the ratio is 30:1. For most 30:1 strains the CBD content ranges from 15%-20%, while the THC content is well below 1%.

Not really that complicated, is it?

For 1:1 strains the %'s are often 10% THC/10% CBD.

Most of these Canadian guys are going for rosin production yields. But yes, I was speaking to the chap who mentioned purchasing through legal distribution channels. There are some strains getting into the low 30's (using standard testing, 0.877 THCA +delta9). 

THC % is rarely an indicator of quality now is it? A bit like comparing a fine wine to Everclear?

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Proper curing is a simple procedure. Mason Jar + Boveda. Waiting is the hardest part. 

the process for drying and curing needs to be quite exact in order to achieve AAAA cannabis. relative to scale sure it could be easy. once scaled up its not so easy no ? 6 outdoor plants in thailand if done correct would yield about 2kg each. that is 12kg per house. how many mason jars and boveda packs is that ? i guess it all depends on what one regards as quality. 

You don't get out much? I was referring to select home growers, and what is possible, not Somchai in Nakhon Phanom growing brick weed.

i don't live in nakhon nowhere i live in pathum thani. also i have lived in many other places in thailand. not my first day here. 

what percentage of the entire market here do you think is non brick ? i am betting it is quite small. so there may be a handful of people growing what back home would be considered A or possibly AA. I would not really consider that world class. at such a small percentage of the total market it is not really relative to what is actually available either.

When the THC content is 0.5%, and the CBD content is 15%, the ratio is 30:1. For most 30:1 strains the CBD content ranges from 15%-20%, while the THC content is well below 1%.

i was wrong there. my mistake. i had confused cbd percent with ratio. wasn't thinking straight for some reason ????

Not really that complicated, is it?

For 1:1 strains the %'s are often 10% THC/10% CBD.

Most of these Canadian guys are going for rosin production yields.

concentrates are starting to dominate the markets. in the coming years they will take over. check out the stats on concentrate vs nugget sales in california over the last 10 years. 

But yes, I was speaking to the chap who mentioned purchasing through legal distribution channels. There are some strains getting into the low 30's (using standard testing, 0.877 THCA +delta9). 

THC % is rarely an indicator of quality now is it? A bit like comparing a fine wine to Everclear?

for the big part of the market i have to say you're wrong. let's be honest a huge part of people who smoke just want to get high. generally speaking high thc content dictates a big part of the euphoric feeling you get.

terps are and strain selection are the future. 

12 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

the process for drying and curing needs to be quite exact in order to achieve AAAA cannabis. relative to scale sure it could be easy

I only addressed "curing", not drying. And I only considered relatively small indoor growers. Drying and curing really isn't that challenging. 

13 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

what percentage of the entire market here do you think is non brick ? i am betting it is quite small.

Yes, of course it's small. That wasn't being discussed.

14 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

i was wrong there. my mistake. i had confused cbd percent with ratio. wasn't thinking straight for some reason ????

No problem. 30:1 is an industry standard term, and there are many, many, many, many breeders offering 30:1 strains, and 1:1 strains. CBD breeding is going gangbusters.

15 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

concentrates are starting to dominate the markets. in the coming years they will take over.

Yes, pretty much everyone knows this already. In many markets non-flower (includes edibles) far outstrips flower. That said, over the past few weeks all forms of concentrate sales have cratered, and it will take a long time to climb back. All natural products like rosin and bubble are fine.

17 minutes ago, sillyfool said:

for the big part of the market i have to say you're wrong.

No doubt that in newer markets some head into the shop looking for the highest THC percentage (flower), like young adults buying alcohol for the first time. But it seems like the trend, again in flower, is towards uniqueness, terpene profile and even appellation.

38 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, pretty much everyone knows this already.

i think you are giving the general market a little too much credit. 

In many markets non-flower (includes edibles) far outstrips flower. That said, over the past few weeks all forms of concentrate sales have cratered,

and it will take a long time to climb back. All natural products like rosin and bubble are fine.

No doubt that in newer markets some head into the shop looking for the highest THC percentage (flower), like young adults buying alcohol for the first time. But it seems like the trend, again in flower, is towards uniqueness, terpene profile and even appellation.

i think again you are giving the market more credit than you should. most people drink or smoke to get the intoxicating feeling. sure taste etc are important but at the end of the day for your average consumer i think it is far less relevant. connoisseur and medical smokers aside. i just wonder how many people would continue to buy 10 % thc weed that tasted good over a 30 %.  same would apply with alcohol. most people buy alcohol for the buzz over the taste ? i mean look at the stats on alcohol here. as far as i know lao khao dominates the market. i may be wrong on that one though. 

2 hours ago, sillyfool said:

the process for drying and curing needs to be quite exact in order to achieve AAAA cannabis. relative to scale sure it could be easy. once scaled up its not so easy no ? 6 outdoor plants in thailand if done correct would yield about 2kg each. that is 12kg per house. how many mason jars and boveda packs is that ? i guess it all depends on what one regards as quality. 

5 gallon buckets. Worked for us.

2 hours ago, sillyfool said:

Circling back to my earlier statement, you've taken us far afield, world class cannabis can be grown here. World class cannabis is being grown here today.

Carry on.

13 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Circling back to my earlier statement, you've taken us far afield, world class cannabis can be grown here. World class cannabis is being grown here today.

Carry on.

i guess what you and i consider world class cannabis differs then. 

in another thread a poster said proof of such is key. do you have proof ? 

1 hour ago, sillyfool said:

i guess what you and i consider world class cannabis differs then. 

in another thread a poster said proof of such is key. do you have proof ? 

Oh it's available for sure.  I've seen plenty of evidence.  You pay a pretty price for it as well, so I've heard.

5 hours ago, sillyfool said:

i think again you are giving the market more credit than you should. most people drink or smoke to get the intoxicating feeling. sure taste etc are important but at the end of the day for your average consumer i think it is far less relevant. connoisseur and medical smokers aside. i just wonder how many people would continue to buy 10 % thc weed that tasted good over a 30 %.  same would apply with alcohol. most people buy alcohol for the buzz over the taste ? i mean look at the stats on alcohol here. as far as i know lao khao dominates the market. i may be wrong on that one though. 

You're absolutely right.

I buy the cheapest beer I can find, and zero bottles of fine wine.

19 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I'm willing to test any local chronic and honestly review same. I'll do it gratis.

If you can’t find it in your new neighborhood (PK) it means they don’t trust you.  It’s really nothing special here compared to what’s on offer back in LA....even the good stuff.  Of course...someone somewhere in BKK is growing “world class stuff”...good luck meeting them. 

I just got a small eye-dropper bottle of "Cannabis Oil THC" from a government hospital to treat several legit health issues.

At 1000 baht it wasn't cheap. 

In addition to medical benefits I was hoping to catch a buzz when I took the prescription two-drop dose and waited in vain for any change in mood.

Today I will take four drops and see what happens.

Over the years I've had very little experience with oil, but it is something I would prefer to do from now on to stop smoking.

Am I doing it wrong?  Does it need to be heated or something like that?

59 minutes ago, DaddyWarbucks said:

I just got a small eye-dropper bottle of "Cannabis Oil THC" from a government hospital to treat several legit health issues.

At 1000 baht it wasn't cheap. 

In addition to medical benefits I was hoping to catch a buzz when I took the prescription two-drop dose and waited in vain for any change in mood.

Today I will take four drops and see what happens.

Over the years I've had very little experience with oil, but it is something I would prefer to do from now on to stop smoking.

Am I doing it wrong?  Does it need to be heated or something like that?

Do the math on THC levels per dose of Thai “medicine” and compare it to what you used to smoke.  Therein lies the answer.

On 9/11/2019 at 9:55 AM, Nyezhov said:

To be honest with you, all the weed here sucks compared to what you get in the USA. Thats just a fact of growing expertise and technology. It will be years before you get chronic here.

Thats cool though because some of the USA stuff just paralyzes you. Last year I rolled into LAX at like 6pm from Shanghai and after wending my way to a hotel, I took off for MedMen and just whacked myself with some Oil to the point that I spend 20 minutes looking at a pizza menu. Too zombie, but I slept good......

....ya, it's not called "stupid-weed" for nothing.

The cannabis products in the market these days in Canada are amazing. I can have the cleanest THC Sativa oil (Liquid Gold) delivered to my door in 3-days, my postman just smiles & says "420"......again?

I really like the disposable "pens" for micro-dosing anytime,anywhere-brilliant devices!

The Thai-dirt weed will be good for the desert market.... cookies & cakes.

What ever happened to the legendary Thai-Stick?

Archived