Re-entry Permit at Suwanabhuni Airport

47 minutes ago, Guderian said:

It looks worryingly unmanned. "Take a Break" could mean anything from back in a few minutes to see you in a few hours - if you're lucky.

The desk is just a document check (advise printing and filling the form in advance) If you go to the right of the desk there is a small seating area ahead of the immigration exit desks. Beyond the seating area on the left is the office where they actually do the reentry permit. 

I would just add that there are two halls with immigration departure desks. Make sure you enter the correct one which is Immigration Zone 2. If in any doubt, ask whoever is checking your documents as you enter the Immigration area whether you are at the correct one for a re-entry permit.

• Like 2

I was at Suvarnabhumi Airport yesterday and I noticed there were signs outside the entrances to Passport Control with arrows pointing to "re-entry visas", I think there was a sign at both entrances, but they may been pointing to the same entrance, but they were certainly easy to spot.

Take the correct documentation with you are you wont need to worry about the first desk as they will just wave you past telling you, you don't need them

Don't take the correct documentation with you and that desk will charge you 200 baht to do the documentation.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BritTim said:

I would just add that there are two halls with immigration departure desks. Make sure you enter the correct one which is Immigration Zone 2. If in any doubt, ask whoever is checking your documents as you enter the Immigration area whether you are at the correct one for a re-entry permit.

Last time I needed one, Zone 2 was temporarily closed with a barrier set up, perhaps to alleviate queues. The staff were redirecting passengers on to the next zone, but when I waved my passport and said "re-entry permit" they let me pass. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Zone 2 was temporarily closed with a barrier set up, perhaps to alleviate queues.

Seems to happen frequently. Once have taken a picture.

If you don't need a re-entry permit always walk a few steps to zone 3.