Hua Hin: "We didn't sell our baby online", harassed family tells Thai police

webfact

Hua Hin: "We didn't sell our baby online", harassed family tells Thai police

4pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

A family in Hua Hin has gone to the police to say that they didn't try to sell their five month old baby online. 

The family of the infant have been caught up in the ongoing investigation about an illegal adoption service on Facebook. 

The service for parents who can't afford to raise their children is under the scrutiny of the Social Development and Human Security minister who believes that the site contravenes human trafficking laws. 

The child in Hua Hin appeared on the site. Since the case broke the family have received threats online and been the subject of a hate campaign.

They told provincial police at the Hua Hin station that contrary to claims on social media they did not sell the child who was up for adoption. 

The mother is a 22 year old deaf woman who had her aunt and uncle look after the child since it was born. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-11

Thailand has an extreme "baby worship" culture. The number of people who have kids here, without giving a second thought to how they are going to support them or raise them is astonishing. Sorry, leaving them with the grandparents for years on end is NOT raising a child. 

Granted having babies is popular worldwide. But there are few nations where lobbing them off on the grandparents is considered acceptable. 

There isn't always the maternal love you might expect. I know of a few instances where the mother only sees her child on school holidays, the rest of the time the child is cared for by a relative in the village, and in most cases the mother isn't even working. They give away their children like they are puppies.

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

Can't afford them? Here's a tip, don't have any!

That is easy to say......... BUT DIFFICULT to implement.......... Whan I was 17 - 20 I used condoms...... I was educated in a country that cares...... In Thailand schools don't care to educate....... And this is all too common now in 'uneducated' societies' such as Thailand and INDIA... TO MENTION A COUPLE COUNTRIES...........

IN tHAILAND ..... Birth control is only learned when a girl goes to work in a bar (or sex trade) and is taught by elder ladies at the bar......

• 2 weeks later...

A few months ago my mrs walked in cuddling a new baby and asked if I wanted it.sorry was my reply I'm already feeding the village.she should of just left it in the village as I wouldn't of noticed feeding,clothing and schooling another one.

theres no mention of the father either but that's thainess I suppose.thailand must be the hub of bastards for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2019 at 7:05 AM, sawadeeken said:

That is easy to say......... BUT DIFFICULT to implement.......... Whan I was 17 - 20 I used condoms...... I was educated in a country that cares...... In Thailand schools don't care to educate....... And this is all too common now in 'uneducated' societies' such as Thailand and INDIA... TO MENTION A COUPLE COUNTRIES...........

IN tHAILAND ..... Birth control is only learned when a girl goes to work in a bar (or sex trade) and is taught by elder ladies at the bar......

Very common for bargirls to have two or three kids back home, in the village.

On 9/11/2019 at 4:15 PM, spidermike007 said:

Thailand has an extreme "baby worship" culture. The number of people who have kids here, without giving a second thought to how they are going to support them or raise them is astonishing. Sorry, leaving them with the grandparents for years on end is NOT raising a child. 

Granted having babies is popular worldwide. But there are few nations where lobbing them off on the grandparents is considered acceptable. 

Or selling them

Archived