Buying from abroad

kevc

If your thinking of buying something with batteries from outside Thailand maybe you should consider the cost of sending them for repair. I bought a smartwatch from China and the face developed a fault, the supplier was more than happy to replace it but that's when the problem started, you can't send anything with a battery no matter how small through the post even through courier services although DHL did offer for over twice the rate and half the price of the watch.

Just thought I'd pass this on as it's usually a good deal to buy abroad but think twice if there's unremovable batteries.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

The inconsistencies of this policy are truly amazing. iPhones are sent through the post and travel on planes without anyone blinking an eye. Did you consider lying when asked to declare whether there was a battery included?

Are you sure about that?  I think stuff with lithium batteries needs to be marked.  Maybe it's only shipped by freighter only flights?  I don't know.  Batteries come from the factory only half charged.  So maybe that's considered ok?

Archived