BANGKOK
webfact

How is life for 3 ex-Expats who have returned to UK?

21 hours ago, sanemax said:

You must spend a considerable amount of your time looking at females

It beats bashing on a keyboard like a chimpanzee.

• Haha 2

On 9/11/2019 at 7:31 PM, jcates29 said:

My Thai wife (who had lived in the US for many, many years and had obtained US citizenship) and I moved to Thailand to semi-retire in Jan 2015.  She wanted to be nearer her family, and l (having worked there for 4 years in the '90's) loved Thailand.  We rented for the first year and then we bought a house quite near her family.  I had no problems, played golf 3 times a week and enjoyed life.  My wife soon tired of living near her family and finally came to realize that no amount of money could purchase for them what they really needed: youth, ambition, honesty, and intelligence combined with education.  After 3.5 years, she said "Let's move back to the US!" in a forceful enough manner that I knew she was serious, and we departed Thailand for the US four years to the day after moving there.  We luckily were able to sell the house with just a small loss.  Now from here looking across, with all the immigration issues and changes in income verification, and the obvious affinity for China in the Thai government, coupled with a real question as to how we would be fixed for health care and related services if we really needed it in Thailand, we are both relieved we made the move back home.  Still, I miss those days playing golf with my ex-pat friends and enjoying life in Thai society. I felt very comfortable living there.  I still love Thailand and we will vacation there, just not live there on a permanent basis.

So why do you list you location as Chiang rai....as any other posters do to somehow gain credibility ?Location...Zurich/Central Thailand or  London/Pattaya.  Most are full of <deleted>. 2 ,4 week or ,or longer visitors with many losers after their first  and final experience with a teeraak then <deleted> off home with their tail between their legs but come back as elder statesmen on this forum? And knock Thailand at every opportunity.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 6:24 PM, billd766 said:

It beats bashing on a keyboard like a chimpanzee.

Better stop bashing your keyboard then and go out breast spotting

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 11:09 AM, worgeordie said:

Something is making them risk their lives and those of their families,

to try and cross the Channel to the UK, when they are already safe in

France.

regards worgeordie

The welfare system in the uk?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2019 at 1:35 PM, BritManToo said:

I can barely afford a caravan in the UK (compared to my new 3 bed house in Thailand).

Which you can,t legally own

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Which you can,t legally own

No but my wife and children do, so just short cutting the paperwork

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

Better stop bashing your keyboard then and go out breast spotting

I did that yesterday up in Khampaeng Phet between visiting Immigration, the hospital, BigC and Makro.

It was a bit too much for me, so I had to come home and lie down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wish people would refrain from posting or quoting half naked pictures, or at last mark the thread as NWS, some people read the forum at work.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Neatly cutting off your rights of ownership

My family home is for my family, the only value it represents for me is a place for my family to live rent free. 

On 9/13/2019 at 8:19 PM, shy coconut said:

If you attended church a little more often, then maybe they wouldn't shut them down.

Do you have any idea what a Sharia council is and what they do? I'll give you a clue, they 

don't authorise hand amputations or stoning, they largely deal with domestic issues within

a Muslim community.

They hold no power of law and are largely seen as a positive agency by the police and

mainstream council as a way of bridging cultural divides.

In addition the Jewish population have long had similar councils and Anglican vicars and Catholic priests also advise on spiritual and domestic issues. 

However to the bigots anything to do with Islam must by definition be bad , be nice if they kept their ignorance and hypocrisy to themselves.

10 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

In addition the Jewish population have long had similar councils and Anglican vicars and Catholic priests also advise on spiritual and domestic issues. 

However to the bigots anything to do with Islam must by definition be bad , be nice if they kept their ignorance and hypocrisy to themselves.

How nieve! Try doing some research first read the quran and have a look at the 3 Hadeaths {you might come across the set instructions for setting up caliphate's 30%} then the easy part read history. You do not need to go that far back. Look at palatine going from a very successful modern Christian paradise with Liberal immigration who invited Muslims in to their country (look how that turned out for them and it followed to the letter the Hadieths). Then look at Iran a Muslim country that was taken over by Sharea! I am sure people in countries who have Sharea courts like Saudi, Etc do stone, behead, cut off limbs. So calling people who have actually studied these areas bigots and hypocrits kind of places yourself in the camp of the stupid. Oh before you start screaming racist... I have Muslim friends, I am married to an Asian.! Its been many hundreds of years since Christians burned people alive or cut off someone's hands for stealing an apple. But what do I know I'm a so called hypocrite, biggot, racist. Phew

• Sad 1