BANGKOK
webfact

How is life for 3 ex-Expats who have returned to UK?

I think the number 1 reason is if your run over by a bus or trampled by a buffalo you won't be thrown into the back of pick up and then delayed surgery while the hospital tries to find out if your insured

I'm guessing probably 50% of expats have no insurance based on people I know . I'm heading back to oz in a few weeks for a 12 month stay while on wait list for a hip replacement and plenty of time to weigh up my long term options

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 10:03 AM, BobBKK said:

No one misses the girls? wow! that's the main reason most come here but I guess most have taken there's back with them (good luck with that!).

Matt: “I miss the sun, the bars, beaches and markets.”

On 9/11/2019 at 3:18 PM, BritManToo said:

I'm hoping to avoid that by being dead before I run out of money.

THat's pretty much a fail safe plan.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Has anyone that moved back mentioned housing costs?

I'm paying 10,900bht a month for my 3 bedroom house in Chiang Mai, if I could rent a house for 36% more (inc council tax) in Surrey or Sussex, I'd go back in a flash.

Looking on Rightmove for Worthing, I'd be paying 1,200 pounds (+ tax) for semi-detached or terraced compared to my current 300 pounds for detached which is 300% more (not 36%).

I took a quick look on rightmove for renting a simple, character house (ie not a concrete shed) anywhere in the UK for 500 pounds.  Seems almost all the results were just for sharing a house with others....

I think I'll stay in my $500 character hardwood house in old Luang Prabang....

• Like 2

I am reminded of a guy I worked with years ago, we worked rotating shifts in a steam plant each shift was seven days long. Tom had a real problem with the midnight shift as he put it to me one night this is like working twenty eight days. Iask how is that Tom, I get off work at seven thirty go home and drink a pot of coffee and smoke a few cigges. I then law down and sleep two hours and repeat, I do this four times a day seven times four is tewnty eight. I goto sleep and wake up four times a day that is twenty eight days. I asked every thought about cutting back on the coffee and cigges before sleeping, he says nah that is my life. I never had another conversation with him again I figured if he could not see the problem I wasn't going to waste my time listening to him complain. Just reminds me of a few people here always complaining but never seeing what the real problem happens to be

On 9/11/2019 at 9:16 PM, roo860 said:

I was replying to a poster who said to come to the UK as an illegal immigrant, because you get a free house, money from the government, a free pass for everything you need. I asked for evidence of this. Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Local authority (council) housing estates are numerous all over the cities of the UK especially in London. 

Visit any one of them and count the indigenous occupants.

Grenfell Tower was a huge block of flats run by a local council. Few of the 'tenants' worked but lived off the welfare system.

London high streets are thronging with people in the daytime who are obviously not British. Ask can yourself why they're not working and where does their money come from.

The evidence you requested is available but it will require your getting off your backside to go and see for yourself. It's visible proof not merely evidence.

The liberal media won't help with your inquiries because such information is hardly conducive to their multicultural agenda.

Any referrals to this state of affairs are always met with accusations of racism and bigotry. However such accusations do not make it any less truthful.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 2

On 9/12/2019 at 2:22 AM, rtco said:

Don't get me on the subject of those useless idiots at ASIC

What is GFC and ASIC?

42 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

What is GFC and ASIC?

Global Financial Crisis & Australian Securities & Investments Commission 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where's your home town? I replied to a poster who said illegal immigrants get a house, they actually don't.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sorry i was not talking about illegals,but in my old town i knew of 2 people of a certain faith one had 3 "wives" one lived with him and his 3 kids in social housing both the other "wives" had socila housing and kids,no one worked all on social and the other was in the same position ,so 5 social houses occupied by immigrants all claiming.how many more ?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, yogi100 said:

London high streets are thronging with people in the daytime who are obviously not British. Ask can yourself why they're not working and where does their money come from.

I always assumed they were waiters/waitress/barmen/maids/night nurses/etc., people that worked low paid evening jobs and could live in London because they were OK living 10 to a room.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1