How is life for 3 ex-Expats who have returned to UK?

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, sanemax said:

Better stop bashing your keyboard then and go out breast spotting

I did that yesterday up in Khampaeng Phet between visiting Immigration, the hospital, BigC and Makro.

It was a bit too much for me, so I had to come home and lie down.

3 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I wish people would refrain from posting or quoting half naked pictures, or at last mark the thread as NWS, some people read the forum at work.

You shouldn't be browsing forums and social media at work.

I'd sack you, even if there weren't naked pictures.

12 hours ago, emptypockets said:

So why do you list you location as Chiang rai....as any other posters do to somehow gain credibility ?Location...Zurich/Central Thailand or  London/Pattaya.  Most are full of <deleted>. 2 ,4 week or ,or longer visitors with many losers after their first  and final experience with a teeraak then <deleted> off home with their tail between their legs but come back as elder statesmen on this forum? And knock Thailand at every opportunity.

So once you leave Thailand you must stop posting. What is it an exclusive club with seniority being given to length of stay etc? It's a forum for chat and banter. I have been reading Thai visa for years but never dared post anything till I left Thailand (I think that says a lot about Thai situation). As for people who still put their Thai location it's just an indication as to their area of knowledge. This form is about farangs (a racist term I hate but accept and use) who have lived and left Thailand and moved home (I and my family fall into that slot) as we moved back to the UK after 8 years living in Thailand. What I can say is this we are very happy being home, my Hart rate and stress level is way down, we have found it a lot cheaper than Thailand (we bought our food from Tops and big C in Thailand). I love driving my car again. Yes we miss our friends and family in Thailand now here issthe however my wife doesn't require to have photos taken every year sitting on our bed with the children and me or sitting outside our house, she doesn't have to report to a police station every 90 days filling in forms, her every movement is not reported and logged and there is not much chance of 6 police vehicles stopping outside our house with 20+ police coming to the door. And that my dear chap is what this topic is about. 

On 9/13/2019 at 8:19 PM, shy coconut said:

If you attended church a little more often, then maybe they wouldn't shut them down.

Do you have any idea what a Sharia council is and what they do? I'll give you a clue, they 

don't authorise hand amputations or stoning, they largely deal with domestic issues within

a Muslim community.

They hold no power of law and are largely seen as a positive agency by the police and

mainstream council as a way of bridging cultural divides.

In addition the Jewish population have long had similar councils and Anglican vicars and Catholic priests also advise on spiritual and domestic issues. 

However to the bigots anything to do with Islam must by definition be bad , be nice if they kept their ignorance and hypocrisy to themselves.

On 9/14/2019 at 12:33 AM, BritManToo said:

Has anyone that moved back mentioned housing costs?

I'm paying 10,900bht a month for my 3 bedroom house in Chiang Mai, if I could rent a house for 36% more (inc council tax) in Surrey or Sussex, I'd go back in a flash.

Looking on Rightmove for Worthing, I'd be paying 1,200 pounds (+ tax) for semi-detached or terraced compared to my current 300 pounds for detached which is 300% more (not 36%).

Property prices and rents are indeed a problem in many parts of the UK but your example is slightly misleading.

A good friend of mine just relocated to just outside Durham ( a lovely city which compares very favourably with Chiang Mai ) and property costs far less there than Surrey.

Also in the old mining villages one can rent very affordably and there are still a good number of council houses available.

On the flip side property and rents in Bangkok have become absurdly expensive , plenty of very pleasant parts of the UK offer better value now.

10 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

In addition the Jewish population have long had similar councils and Anglican vicars and Catholic priests also advise on spiritual and domestic issues. 

However to the bigots anything to do with Islam must by definition be bad , be nice if they kept their ignorance and hypocrisy to themselves.

How nieve! Try doing some research first read the quran and have a look at the 3 Hadeaths {you might come across the set instructions for setting up caliphate's 30%} then the easy part read history. You do not need to go that far back. Look at palatine going from a very successful modern Christian paradise with Liberal immigration who invited Muslims in to their country (look how that turned out for them and it followed to the letter the Hadieths). Then look at Iran a Muslim country that was taken over by Sharea! I am sure people in countries who have Sharea courts like Saudi, Etc do stone, behead, cut off limbs. So calling people who have actually studied these areas bigots and hypocrits kind of places yourself in the camp of the stupid. Oh before you start screaming racist... I have Muslim friends, I am married to an Asian.! Its been many hundreds of years since Christians burned people alive or cut off someone's hands for stealing an apple. But what do I know I'm a so called hypocrite, biggot, racist. Phew

16 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

How nieve! Try doing some research first read the quran and have a look at the 3 Hadeaths {you might come across the set instructions for setting up caliphate's 30%} then the easy part read history. You do not need to go that far back. Look at palatine going from a very successful modern Christian paradise with Liberal immigration who invited Muslims in to their country (look how that turned out for them and it followed to the letter the Hadieths). Then look at Iran a Muslim country that was taken over by Sharea! I am sure people in countries who have Sharea courts like Saudi, Etc do stone, behead, cut off limbs. So calling people who have actually studied these areas bigots and hypocrits kind of places yourself in the camp of the stupid. Oh before you start screaming racist... I have Muslim friends, I am married to an Asian.! Its been many hundreds of years since Christians burned people alive or cut off someone's hands for stealing an apple. But what do I know I'm a so called hypocrite, biggot, racist. Phew

None of which has the least to do with Sharia councils in the UK which is what my post alluded to.

Do at least attempt to follow the drift of the conversation at hand , not doing so makes you look rather stupid.

3 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Property prices and rents are indeed a problem in many parts of the UK but your example is slightly misleading.

A good friend of mine just relocated to just outside Durham ( a lovely city which compares very favourably with Chiang Mai ) and property costs far less there than Surrey.

Also in the old mining villages one can rent very affordably and there are still a good number of council houses available.

On the flip side property and rents in Bangkok have become absurdly expensive , plenty of very pleasant parts of the UK offer better value now.

You're right, I just checked, and you can rent a 2-3 bedroom house for around 300 pounds a month.

I could even bring my gf with me, as I've got just about enough to fulfil the settlement VISA requirements.

10 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

None of which has the least to do with Sharia councils in the UK which is what my post alluded to.

Do at least attempt to follow the drift of the conversation at hand , not doing so makes you look rather stupid.

Your post haze zero to do with this thread. I'm sure there were people just like you in Palestine who were saying the same. Maybe you should watch some of the undercover documentary reports made about the share courts in the UK. Maybe look at those law abiding mosques within Europe with war weapon cashes found and I enclude England in that area of finds. I'm sure this thread is about expats returning home not the problems of sharea. 

12 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Your post haze zero to do with this thread. I'm sure there were people just like you in Palestine who were saying the same. Maybe you should watch some of the undercover documentary reports made about the share courts in the UK. Maybe look at those law abiding mosques within Europe with war weapon cashes found and I enclude England in that area of finds. I'm sure this thread is about expats returning home not the problems of sharea. 

Follow the timeline of the thread and you will see that the Sharia theme was introduced by somebody posting a childish fascist meme.

Amazing what you might learn if you actually follow the thread !

My annual 6 month work stint in the U.K. ends tomorrow, till next year. Will be back in Thailand in a few weeks. I love coming home to England, wife been in U.K. for 4 months, she really enjoys her stay here and is amazed how inexpensive supermarket food is.I reckon I have the best of both worlds, summer time in England is great.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived