New drainage being laid on beach road

Ling Kae

??????? There are no "sand hills" behind the beach. There was a raised area that the promenade was laid on.
BYW, all that "land" was reclaimed when they built a proper road along the beach decades ago.
That's right: they built a road, and developed the area onto the beach. That's where they made their first mistake.
There would have been sand and scrub, not necessarily big sand hills.
If you look at some very early pictures of the beach area I think you can see vegitation going down to the sand on the beach.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

I suspect those covers will be broken quite quickly by the  tour buses and overloaded trucks..and will be laid unevenly flapping around  dangerous for motorbikes..but of course we must wait and see.

Looks like the pipes run parallel to the beach so where does the water go to ?????? 

shouldn't the pipes lead under the 800 million baht beach and out to sea ???

1 hour ago, Ling Kae said:

So I went and checked this out today. They are placing these pipes in a reinforced concrete frame. Then they seem to be putting a concrete lid on the top once laid. Here are some pics. Note: the concrete frames are more than 2 meters hight and wide.

20190913_063813.jpg

20190913_064006.jpg

20190913_063920.jpg

And how is a trolly going work on beach road now?.......

On 9/13/2019 at 11:00 AM, fforest1 said:

And how is a trolly going work on beach road now?......

That will be on the extreme left, and they will remove all the parked vehicles, rental motorcycles and stop baht buses picking up and dropping off there..... and I will then click my heels together 3 times and be home.  

Update: it appears as though once the large pipes are laid they will replace the old curb side drainage system.  I took a walk to the end of the project on the walking street end, the large pipe is no where to be seen but this is no where near completed. 

A secondary problem has arisen. The work has caused some of the promenade to move, cracks have appeared and it is slanting into the the ditch. Photos attached shows cracks in the promenade and curb side new drain being built.

20190914_070220.jpg

20190914_070405.jpg

20190914_070232.jpg

Archived