BANGKOK
CangguSurfer

ED Visa PROBLEMS in Laos! Any recent experiences / advice?

On 9/12/2019 at 11:24 PM, EricTh said:

Chinese holds the largest tourists number in Thailand and they are big spenders. The second largest is from Malaysia and NOT India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand#Statistics

I hardly see any Indian tourists.

You do not give a source for the 'big spenders' statement in your link, only that they provide the numbers. I am interested as I want to know if they get this 'big spenders' flattery based on per capita numbers, or gross total... which is entirely different. The evidence seen just doesn't seem to support it, in that they are looky-loo tourists herded about, staying in Chinese owned hotels and eating at places that resemble school dining halls. 

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You do not give a source for the 'big spenders' statement in your link, only that they provide the numbers. I am interested as I want to know if they get this 'big spenders' flattery based on per capita numbers, or gross total... which is entirely different. The evidence seen just doesn't seem to support it, in that they are looky-loo tourists herded about, staying in Chinese owned hotels and eating at places that resemble school dining halls. 

Eric is in Chiang Mai and Jacho is in Pattaya. Chiang Mai gets a big play from the Chinese and they buy a lot of local products. Pattaya gets a different kinds of tourists. I go to Chiang Mai often and run into Chinese everywhere. We usually park at a hotel and take transportation to our destination. On our last trip we took a "song taw" to the mall that had a group of young Chinese. We talked to them and they were very nice. Since they couldn't speak Thai they asked us many things in English. They were very polite and we were happy to help. We saw them latter and they were very happy and addressed my wife as auntie (in Chinese). They had bought a lot of stuff at the mall. My wife is 100% northern Thai but knows some Chinese from coworkers in the US so she gave them the correct Thai words. They had a big smile and laughed. 

Some Chinese are very rude as with all people and we would never help rude people

• Thanks 1