Jomtien immigration fining for no TM30 ?

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Recent rumours around that Jomtien may well be implementing stricter CW style approach to TM30.  Personally, if it costs me 800 baht after 15 years, I could live with it.

I wonder how they manage to get fined …. control …., confession or what ….done my 2th DL5 years, ret.ext new 28 aug.  never had  TM 30  no one asked it ..?

I feel neglected or not taken for granted ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

I wonder how they manage to get fined …. control …., confession or what ….done my 2th DL5 years, ret.ext new 28 aug.  never had  TM 30  no one asked it ..?

Nor me, and adopt the idea of worry about it when it happens, if ever. May have got lucky last renewal as the Embassies had just cancelled their letters and the place was swamped with panickers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Nor me, and adopt the idea of worry about it when it happens, if ever. May have got lucky last renewal as the Embassies had just cancelled their letters and the place was swamped with panickers!

28 august I  could not even sit down waiting , straight my turn ….. maybe all panickers left to Cambo ..?

They (immigrat.) have 8 years same address , maybe Tm3 done by condo … but I don't have a slip as never that law implicated early days of coming to Thailand 

16 minutes ago, david555 said:

From what I understand: The guy is on a retirement extension & works out of the country, when he came back in he did his TM6 along with entry stamp at swampy so showed what date he came back in to Thailand, went to Immigration for new multi re entry permit and was picked up then, house is in wife's name and she never told immigration. 

Edited by Golden Triangle

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

From what I understand: The guy is on a retirement extension & works out of the country, when he came back in he did his TM6 so showed what date he came back in to Thailand, went to Immigration for new multi re entry permit and was picked up then, house is in wife's name and she never told immigration. 

Me on ret ext , travelling my country, by returning  ….I was  not obliged to report at jomt. 5 as a ret ext holder in case address same, when I was  asking it as test case . Not needed for ret ext. holders at jomtien I.O. Reception girls didn't knew that ,  but uniformed reception I.O. confirmed that time .

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Me on ret ext , travelling my country, by returning  ….I was  not obliged to report at jomt. 5 as a ret ext holder in case address same, when I was  asking it as test case . Not needed for ret ext. holders at jomtien I.O. Reception girls didn't knew that ,  but uniformed reception I.O. confirmed that time .

I'm only telling you what I heard from a reliable source who knows the guy. I'm on retirement extension as well and did my 90 days last month, been renting this place for over 5 years no mention of TM30 either, but who knows if they have been told to up the ante ??

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

I'm only telling you what I heard from a reliable source who knows the guy. I'm on retirement extension as well and did my 90 days last month, been renting this place for over 5 years no mention of TM30 either, but who knows if they have been told to up the ante ??

That is also why I can only tell my story , maybe one day we are the" lucky ones" too....:whistling:

I think only the ones who do "that counter" like it ….,as no one else on other desk asking it , understandable as it is their meaning of existing job :tongue:

It appears Jomtien Immigration has changed their policy within the past couple of weeks. Previously, if you traveled outside of Thailand and returned to your previously reported address, no new TM.30 was required.  However, I am aware of two first hand and one second hand report that they were informed this policy has changed. Now, if traveling outside of Thailand, Jomtien is requiring a new TM.30 - apparently within 3 days of return per one first hand report on what they were told at Immigration.  However, it appears they are still not requiring it if travel is within Thailand.

• Thanks 2

Unless something has drastically changed at Jomtien immigration, you dont need a TM30 to do long stay extensions or 90 day reports. They usually want a TM30 for tourists getting a 1 month extn etc.

If you ask at the front desk they just presume everyone needs a TM30 done and point you to that counter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Unless something has drastically changed at Jomtien immigration, you dont need a TM30 to do long stay extensions or 90 day reports

Actually that is the point being made, it is a change in requirements. Not sure wrt 90 day reports yet, seems people are doing them OK without, but a Residence certificate now may require TM30. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, reargunnerph3 said:

2 years ago when I went to extend a tourist visa I got a Bt1,900 fine for not reporting my address

Other than the first post the discussion is about holders of retirement extensions which up to now had appeared to be exempt from the mainstream TM30 reporting.

Tourist visas, visa waiver stamps etc = fair game!  

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Actually that is the point being made, it is a change in requirements. Not sure wrt 90 day reports yet, seems people are doing them OK without, but a Residence certificate now may require TM30. 

Maybe, but what the front counter tells you and then what the counter you go to wants are often different. I did my marriage extension the other day and the front counter was pointing me to the TM30 room. I had to insist that all my documents were ok and I just want a ticket for the marriage counter. And of course, the marriage counter didnt want a TM30.

They dont know or check your status at the front counter, they just presume everyone is a tourist who needs a TM30.

I think there is a good chance the Res Cert counter still doesnt need a TM30 if you are on a long stay extension etc.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

If you ask at the front desk they just presume everyone needs a TM30 done and point you to that counter. 

This is I guess what happened to me 4 weeks ago when I arrived back. I had never done a TM30 but thought I ought to at least ask and specifically mentioned that I was on a retirement extension. There is also an issue about documents for the house owner which I won't go into.

One of the 2 ladies on the front desk said yes and when I explained the situation about "possessor" asked if I had a driving licence. So all the potential issues around blue book/ID card etc were solved by using a photo copy of my driving licence for proof of the address...........

At least I now have a TM30 so will see what happens in any future interactions with Jomtien.

• Like 1

I was delinquent on TM 30 registrations for a couple of overseas trips and some out of province stays. Went to Jomtien a couple of weeks ago to renew the TM 30 and expected a fine. IO updated the registration and when I asked about the need to reregister after a trip I was told , do it only after an international trip, not out of province trips. I thought it was pretty pragmatic. No fine was levied.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Unless something has drastically changed at Jomtien immigration, you dont need a TM30 to do long stay extensions or 90 day reports. They usually want a TM30 for tourists getting a 1 month extn etc.

I am on O-A visa, new here, and the girl at Jomtiem immigration check my TM30 recept in my passport to obtain a certificate of residence. My owner do the TM30 in the 24 hours allowed time.

Edited by benoit75
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, benoit75 said:

I am on O-A visa, new here, and the girl at Jomtiem immigration check my TM30 recept in my passport to obtain a certificate of residence. My owner do the TM30 in the 24 hours allowed time.

OK, so its sounds like they now want a TM30 for Res Cert, interested to know if they now require one for retire extension etc

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Recent rumours around that Jomtien may well be implementing stricter CW style approach to TM30.  Personally, if it costs me 800 baht after 15 years, I could live with it.

Just that, rumours. I have a house and registered my address with IO (TM28?) when I first moved in. Here on a retirement extension and never been asked for a TM30.

If you drill down on the roumours, i sspect that it's from people living here on METVs and the like. IO have never been happy with them, nobody likes a liar.

I got fined 1600baht at Jomtien Immigration 18 months ago,after living in Pattaya for 12 yrs i relocated back to the UK,went back out on a 60 day SETV,and went for a 30 day extension,got Ruby at the adjacent visa shop to do it,she told me i would be fined 1600bht for not having registered my address! i was staying in my own house,albeit in my Thai partners name.

22 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Just that, rumours. I have a house and registered my address with IO (TM28?) when I first moved in. Here on a retirement extension and never been asked for a TM30.

If you drill down on the roumours, i sspect that it's from people living here on METVs and the like. IO have never been happy with them, nobody likes a liar.

That is my experience of Jomtein Immigration as well. First TM30 when we moved house, haven't bothered since and I have been out of the country 4 times since that first time.  Never been asked, never been challenged.  I suppose it could come at some time, but not yet I hope and if it does, I will just take the fine hit, as that is preferable to the hassle of submitting every time.  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

I got fined 1600baht at Jomtien Immigration 18 months ago,after living in Pattaya for 12 yrs i relocated back to the UK,went back out on a 60 day SETV,and went for a 30 day extension,got Ruby at the adjacent visa shop to do it,she told me i would be fined 1600bht for not having registered my address! i was staying in my own house,albeit in my Thai partners name.

Exactly. You were here on a tourist visa. Long term residents here on Retirement or marriage  extension won't have that problem at Jomtien IO.

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Whilst doing my one year marriage extension yesterday, after the paper-shuffling at counter 6 I was sent to counter 10 to do a TM30 and get a slip to take back to counter 6 before they'd continue with my application. It was my first marriage extension, but in my previous 12 retirement extensions, I never had to do this. Never been mentioned in any of my 90 day reports either.

Edited by jesimps

Just now, DannyCarlton said:

Exactly. You were here on a tourist visa. Long term residents here on Retirement or marriage  extension won't have that problem at Jomtien IO.

You obviously didn't read or comprehend what I said in my OP, the guy IS on a retirement ext, and works offshore, he bought the house & it is in his wife's name - he went for a new multi re entry permit for his next spell offshore and they fined him, understand now ??