BANGKOK
Golden Triangle

Jomtien immigration fining for no TM30 ?

I heard earlier today that a guy got an 800 Baht fine for his wife not having submitted a TM30 when he came back into the country, I thought Pattaya immigration were ignoring the TM30 debacle ?

Any thoughts anyone ?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Recent rumours around that Jomtien may well be implementing stricter CW style approach to TM30.  Personally, if it costs me 800 baht after 15 years, I could live with it.

I wonder how they manage to get fined …. control …., confession or what ….done my 2th DL5 years, ret.ext new 28 aug.  never had  TM 30  no one asked it ..?

I feel neglected or not taken for granted 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

I wonder how they manage to get fined …. control …., confession or what ….done my 2th DL5 years, ret.ext new 28 aug.  never had  TM 30  no one asked it ..?

Nor me, and adopt the idea of worry about it when it happens, if ever. May have got lucky last renewal as the Embassies had just cancelled their letters and the place was swamped with panickers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Nor me, and adopt the idea of worry about it when it happens, if ever. May have got lucky last renewal as the Embassies had just cancelled their letters and the place was swamped with panickers!

28 august I  could not even sit down waiting , straight my turn ….. maybe all panickers left to Cambo ..?

They (immigrat.) have 8 years same address , maybe Tm3 done by condo … but I don't have a slip as never that law implicated early days of coming to Thailand 

16 minutes ago, david555 said:

From what I understand: The guy is on a retirement extension & works out of the country, when he came back in he did his TM6 along with entry stamp at swampy so showed what date he came back in to Thailand, went to Immigration for new multi re entry permit and was picked up then, house is in wife's name and she never told immigration. 

Edited by Golden Triangle

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

From what I understand: The guy is on a retirement extension & works out of the country, when he came back in he did his TM6 so showed what date he came back in to Thailand, went to Immigration for new multi re entry permit and was picked up then, house is in wife's name and she never told immigration. 

Me on ret ext , travelling my country, by returning  ….I was  not obliged to report at jomt. 5 as a ret ext holder in case address same, when I was  asking it as test case . Not needed for ret ext. holders at jomtien I.O. Reception girls didn't knew that ,  but uniformed reception I.O. confirmed that time .

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Me on ret ext , travelling my country, by returning  ….I was  not obliged to report at jomt. 5 as a ret ext holder in case address same, when I was  asking it as test case . Not needed for ret ext. holders at jomtien I.O. Reception girls didn't knew that ,  but uniformed reception I.O. confirmed that time .

I'm only telling you what I heard from a reliable source who knows the guy. I'm on retirement extension as well and did my 90 days last month, been renting this place for over 5 years no mention of TM30 either, but who knows if they have been told to up the ante ??

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

I'm only telling you what I heard from a reliable source who knows the guy. I'm on retirement extension as well and did my 90 days last month, been renting this place for over 5 years no mention of TM30 either, but who knows if they have been told to up the ante ??

That is also why I can only tell my story , maybe one day we are the" lucky ones" too....:whistling:

I think only the ones who do "that counter" like it ….,as no one else on other desk asking it , understandable as it is their meaning of existing job :tongue:

It appears Jomtien Immigration has changed their policy within the past couple of weeks. Previously, if you traveled outside of Thailand and returned to your previously reported address, no new TM.30 was required.  However, I am aware of two first hand and one second hand report that they were informed this policy has changed. Now, if traveling outside of Thailand, Jomtien is requiring a new TM.30 - apparently within 3 days of return per one first hand report on what they were told at Immigration.  However, it appears they are still not requiring it if travel is within Thailand.

• Thanks 2

Unless something has drastically changed at Jomtien immigration, you dont need a TM30 to do long stay extensions or 90 day reports. They usually want a TM30 for tourists getting a 1 month extn etc.

If you ask at the front desk they just presume everyone needs a TM30 done and point you to that counter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Unless something has drastically changed at Jomtien immigration, you dont need a TM30 to do long stay extensions or 90 day reports

Actually that is the point being made, it is a change in requirements. Not sure wrt 90 day reports yet, seems people are doing them OK without, but a Residence certificate now may require TM30. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, reargunnerph3 said:

2 years ago when I went to extend a tourist visa I got a Bt1,900 fine for not reporting my address

Other than the first post the discussion is about holders of retirement extensions which up to now had appeared to be exempt from the mainstream TM30 reporting.

Tourist visas, visa waiver stamps etc = fair game!