Jomtien immigration fining for no TM30 ?

Just now, jesimps said:

Whilst doing my one year marriage extension yesterday, after the paper-shuffling at counter 6 I was sent to counter 10 to do a TM30 and get a slip to take back to counter 6. It was my first marriage extension, but in my previous 12 retirement extensions, I never had to do this. Never been mentioned in any of my 90 day reports either.

I also needed a TM30 for my first marriage extension, but didnt need one for the next, so maybe something they ask for first time.

The rules I can usually cope with, its the inconsistencies that are usually a problem.

10 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

You obviously didn't read or comprehend what I said in my OP, the guy IS on a retirement ext, and works offshore, he bought the house & it is in his wife's name - he went for a new multi re entry permit for his next spell offshore and they fined him, understand now ??

All the offshore workers I know are here on METVs.

You didn't state in your op that he was on a retirement extension or that he was an offshore worker.

Also, from your other post, it seems that you have never even met the guy, not certain what visa he has, you just heard it from the guy sat on the next barstool to you.

Edited by DannyCarlton

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

All the offshore workers I know are here on METVs.

You didn't state in your op that he was on a retirement extension or that he was an offshore worker.

Sorry my bad, I didn't mention it until post 6, which just shows you couldn't be a****d too read to far down the thread to start with. Many apologies (sarcasm mode off) ????

From what I understand: The guy is on a retirement extension & works out of the country, when he came back in he did his TM6 along with entry stamp at swampy so showed what date he came back in to Thailand, went to Immigration for new multi re entry permit and was picked up then, house is in wife's name and she never told immigration. 

15 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

You obviously didn't read or comprehend what I said in my OP, the guy IS on a retirement ext, and works offshore, he bought the house & it is in his wife's name - he went for a new multi re entry permit for his next spell offshore and they fined him, understand now ??

Is there perhaps some other factor like a change of address? 

Jomtien is getting stricter The having the 800k 2 months before Retirement visa now strictly enforced even if you have 800,000 for 11 months of year I was short by 3 weeks and visa renewal refused and I have been here over 20 years - not interested in Pound falling like a stone Just want foreign exchange in THai bank

Just now, JGV said:

Jomtien is getting stricter The having the 800k 2 months before Retirement visa now strictly enforced even if you have 800,000 for 11 months of year I was short by 3 weeks and visa renewal refused and I have been here over 20 years - not interested in Pound falling like a stone Just want foreign exchange in THai bank

The requirement is 2 months prior to application. Are you saying you kept the money there for 11 months , but not within the 2 months prior? The only way the falling £ would catch you out is if it was in a Thai FCD account. 

You can hardly blame them for your failing!

Get an agent, spend the money maybe!

It has been also my experience at Jomtiem immigration.

i am on 1 year extension of stay based on retirement and i have had to do

2 trips in europe, one in may and when i return immigration desk for asking about the process they say if you do not change your usual adress no need to do anything, but the last trip was in august and when i return to immigration office 2 days after my return they say to me you need to fill a TM30. I did it then i ask to the Immigration officer if i have to do it when i return from a trip in thailand (I was traveling in Phuket for some days) and she clearly says to me i need to do a TM30 only if i go out of Thailand and return, no need if i stay inside Thailand (Of course as long as i do not change my usual adress in Pattaya)

Based on past experience you will be invited to the second floor if you are to be fined.  In my case the owner never filed and as such it was my fault and I was fined.  Thai logic amuses me except when they invade my wallet.  There was no receipt.

On 9/11/2019 at 2:08 PM, jacko45k said:

Recent rumours around that Jomtien may well be implementing stricter CW style approach to TM30.  Personally, if it costs me 800 baht after 15 years, I could live with it.

Jomtien Immigration wants the TM30 to be submitted after entering the country,even when staying at the same address. But when coming back from another province,you don't have to do it if you are still staying at the latest reported address. I know many being fined 1600 baht at Jomtien Immigration. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

Based on past experience you will be invited to the second floor if you are to be fined.  In my case the owner never filed and as such it was my fault and I was fined.  Thai logic amuses me except when they invade my wallet.  There was no receipt.

You will get fined at desk 10 at Jomtien Immigration,and they do give you a receipt for the fine. I got fined years ago, and got a proper receipt. I have seen others being fined recently, and they also got receipts.

5 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

2 trips in europe, one in may and when i return immigration desk for asking about the process they say if you do not change your usual adress no need to do anything, but the last trip was in august and when i return to immigration office 2 days after my return they say to me you need to fill a TM30. I did it then i ask to the Immigration officer if i have to do it when i return from a trip in thailand (I was traveling in Phuket for some days) and she clearly says to me i need to do a TM30 only if i go out of Thailand and return, no need if i stay inside Thailand (Of course as long as i do not change my usual adress in Pattaya)

That's correct. They started to enforce the TM30 report when entering Thailand because of orders from Department of Immigration in BKK. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Jomtien Immigration wants the TM30 to be submitted after entering the country,even when staying at the same address. But when coming back from another province,you don't have to do it if you are still staying at the latest reported address. I know many being fined 1600 baht at Jomtien Immigration. 

I left the country in May. Did my 90 day report last month. Nothing mentioned.

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

I left the country in May. Did my 90 day report last month. Nothing mentioned.

And I did my 90 day last month and nothing mentioned, I'll wait and see what happens to me in October, depending when you reported you'll find out either in October or the beginning of November, enjoy.

9 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

And I did my 90 day last month and nothing mentioned, I'll wait and see what happens to me in October, depending when you reported you'll find out either in October or the beginning of November, enjoy.

Jomtien Immigration was not requiring a TM.30 report last month if you were returning to your previously reported address. HOWEVER, reports by several within the past 2 weeks are that this policy has now changed - it most likely will apply only for those returning after they decided to again require reporting for when you return from a trip outside of Thailand (apparently trips within Thailand will not require reporting at Jomtien Immigration) -- so, if you have not left and returned to Thailand before you do your next 90 day report - you most likely will have no problem.

As far as that goes, I don't think the 90 day address reporting desk checks for TM.30 filing - this is being done at other desks when applying for other services, e.g., Re-Entry Permit, Residence Certificate.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

HOWEVER, reports by several within the past 2 weeks are that this policy has now changed

Where are these reports? I haven't seen them. Seen some who are on visas other than retirement/marriage extensions but no bona fide, first hand reports from anyone on a retirement/marriage extension.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Where are these reports? I haven't seen them. Seen some who are on visas other than retirement/marriage extensions but no bona fide, first hand reports from anyone on a retirement/marriage extension.

Mine is on the previous page (Post 39) i am on 1 year extension of stay based on retirement

at immigration office in Jomtiem the room on the left (For all the residence stuff) was full of people

most of them here for the TM30 problem (Half thais and half farangs) and the immigration

officer explained at each of them that it was a new policy here to ask to fill the TM30.

It was the 17 august last month

DannyCarlton, I am on a Retirement Permit to Stay. I had been waiting for six weeks with no user name nor password email for TM30.

This morning ten am, I was on the site to check if my status had changed? While on the site reading, I got a pop up window saying confirm details, I did, then got another window...check and confirm your email.

Off to inbox, lo and behold an email link to confirm my email. Clicked the link and almost immediately got my username and password.

Quickly returned to the Immigration page to re log in, got in and told to change my password, which I did.

Then onto registering my TM 30, all good until I came to the Point of Entry drop down menu that is only written in Thai Language.

Got my neighbour to come over to read it for me, found the correct Immigration office, which is not a point of entry but an office, put that in, then Relation, is a strange word to use, but we put in occupier. Clicked ok, off it went into the internet yonder.

Came back to my status page and I was finally entered into the grand scheme of the farang prison monitoring system.

* By the way, I drove through Kata, Karon and Patong yesterday afternoon, I have never in my 14 years here, seen the places so dead in the afternoon, at this time of the year.

Edited by Inepto Cracy

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Two were by email to me from fellow expats that know of my interest in keeping up with Jomtien Immigration issues which I share with others.  Another was a verbal announcement made by an Expat at a Sunday meeting of the Pattaya City Expats Club during the Open Forum portion of the meeting. 

Filled out a TM 30 and did my 90 day extension yesterday at jomtiem. Arrived 12:55. Just wrote down I arrived the day before on TM 30, then back for another number for the 90 day. Done in 25 minutes for both. Just moved from Bangkok to condo in South Pattaya

On 9/12/2019 at 1:34 AM, kingofthemountain said:

This was kind of true,  Earlier this year the head of Jomtien did a T.V. interview his position as he read and comprehended the Thai law was for people on Extension didn't have to report their coming and going unless they actually change or move to a new location. Since then due to the petition? clearly noted in the petition that not everyone was on the same page?  So now it seems hand them out to everyone and forget about the fine at least that is what I observed waiting and watching at the front desk on Wednesday.

On 9/12/2019 at 7:59 AM, DannyCarlton said:

Exactly. You were here on a tourist visa. Long term residents here on Retirement or marriage  extension won't have that problem at Jomtien IO.

My friend has been in Jomtien for 16 yrs,on both.WP and Retirement Extensions,and he has been told different stories by different I.O.'s at Soi 5!

11 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

My friend has been in Jomtien for 16 yrs,on both.WP and Retirement Extensions,and he has been told different stories by different I.O.'s at Soi 5!

There have never been any major problems with extensions based on retirement at Jomtien Immigration. If you have the required documents and meet the financial requirements, then there's no problem. So many people doesn't have correct documents or maybe forgot something, then you might have a minor problem. That's not Immigrations fault.