Jump to content
BANGKOK
Golden Triangle

Jomtien immigration fining for no TM30 ?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Actually that is the point being made, it is a change in requirements. Not sure wrt 90 day reports yet, seems people are doing them OK without, but a Residence certificate now may require TM30. 

Maybe, but what the front counter tells you and then what the counter you go to wants are often different. I did my marriage extension the other day and the front counter was pointing me to the TM30 room. I had to insist that all my documents were ok and I just want a ticket for the marriage counter. And of course, the marriage counter didnt want a TM30.

They dont know or check your status at the front counter, they just presume everyone is a tourist who needs a TM30.

I think there is a good chance the Res Cert counter still doesnt need a TM30 if you are on a long stay extension etc.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

If you ask at the front desk they just presume everyone needs a TM30 done and point you to that counter. 

This is I guess what happened to me 4 weeks ago when I arrived back. I had never done a TM30 but thought I ought to at least ask and specifically mentioned that I was on a retirement extension. There is also an issue about documents for the house owner which I won't go into.

 

One of the 2 ladies on the front desk said yes and when I explained the situation about "possessor" asked if I had a driving licence. So all the potential issues around blue book/ID card etc were solved by using a photo copy of my driving licence for proof of the address...........

 

At least I now have a TM30 so will see what happens in any future interactions with Jomtien.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was delinquent on TM 30 registrations for a couple of overseas trips and some out of province stays. Went to Jomtien a couple of weeks ago to renew the TM 30 and expected a fine. IO updated the registration and when I asked about the need to reregister after a trip I was told , do it only after an international trip, not out of province trips. I thought it was pretty pragmatic. No fine was levied.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Unless something has drastically changed at Jomtien immigration, you dont need a TM30 to do long stay extensions or 90 day reports. They usually want a TM30 for tourists getting a 1 month extn etc.

If you ask at the front desk they just presume everyone needs a TM30 done and point you to that counter. 

 

I am on O-A visa, new here, and the girl at Jomtiem immigration check my TM30 recept in my passport to obtain a certificate of residence. My owner do the TM30 in the 24 hours allowed time.

Edited by benoit75
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I been living here 3 years without tm 30 ,so today i went to jomtien immigration and they told me

everybody need to do it now,and you need to report if you go overseas within 3 days,  + I was not fined 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, soisanuk said:

However, it appears they are still not requiring it if travel is within Thailand.

That is the information l was given after l went there yesterday, after returning from a couple of days up in Isaan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't they check your TM30 status on line? Presuming they do I registered for TM30 On Line between Under Consideration in Aug and Approval in Sept because it took 6 weeks to get the ID and Password. No mention made at either visit to Jomtien!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it happens and when I give it to them I remove it from my boxer shorts or pay in 1 baht pieces

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, benoit75 said:

I am on O-A visa, new here, and the girl at Jomtiem immigration check my TM30 recept in my passport to obtain a certificate of residence. My owner do the TM30 in the 24 hours allowed time.

OK, so its sounds like they now want a TM30 for Res Cert, interested to know if they now require one for retire extension etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Recent rumours around that Jomtien may well be implementing stricter CW style approach to TM30.  Personally, if it costs me 800 baht after 15 years, I could live with it.

Just that, rumours. I have a house and registered my address with IO (TM28?) when I first moved in. Here on a retirement extension and never been asked for a TM30.

 

If you drill down on the roumours, i sspect that it's from people living here on METVs and the like. IO have never been happy with them, nobody likes a liar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got fined 1600baht at Jomtien Immigration 18 months ago,after living in Pattaya for 12 yrs i relocated back to the UK,went back out on a 60 day SETV,and went for a 30 day extension,got Ruby at the adjacent visa shop to do it,she told me i would be fined 1600bht for not having registered my address! i was staying in my own house,albeit in my Thai partners name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Just that, rumours. I have a house and registered my address with IO (TM28?) when I first moved in. Here on a retirement extension and never been asked for a TM30.

 

If you drill down on the roumours, i sspect that it's from people living here on METVs and the like. IO have never been happy with them, nobody likes a liar.

That is my experience of Jomtein Immigration as well. First TM30 when we moved house, haven't bothered since and I have been out of the country 4 times since that first time.  Never been asked, never been challenged.  I suppose it could come at some time, but not yet I hope and if it does, I will just take the fine hit, as that is preferable to the hassle of submitting every time.  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

I got fined 1600baht at Jomtien Immigration 18 months ago,after living in Pattaya for 12 yrs i relocated back to the UK,went back out on a 60 day SETV,and went for a 30 day extension,got Ruby at the adjacent visa shop to do it,she told me i would be fined 1600bht for not having registered my address! i was staying in my own house,albeit in my Thai partners name.

Exactly. You were here on a tourist visa. Long term residents here on Retirement or marriage  extension won't have that problem at Jomtien IO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Unless something has drastically changed at Jomtien immigration, you dont need a TM30 to do long stay extensions or 90 day reports. They usually want a TM30 for tourists getting a 1 month extn etc.

If you ask at the front desk they just presume everyone needs a TM30 done and point you to that counter. 

 

Whilst doing my one year marriage extension yesterday, after the paper-shuffling at counter 6 I was sent to counter 10 to do a TM30 and get a slip to take back to counter 6 before they'd continue with my application. It was my first marriage extension, but in my previous 12 retirement extensions, I never had to do this. Never been mentioned in any of my 90 day reports either.

Edited by jesimps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DannyCarlton said:

Exactly. You were here on a tourist visa. Long term residents here on Retirement or marriage  extension won't have that problem at Jomtien IO.

You obviously didn't read or comprehend what I said in my OP, the guy IS on a retirement ext, and works offshore, he bought the house & it is in his wife's name - he went for a new multi re entry permit for his next spell offshore and they fined him, understand now ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...