Questions regarding New Passport + New Non Imm "O" ME

Hi,

So I'm a little lost with the procedure here.

I'm holding a Swedish passport with a Non Imm "O" ME based on Marriage from Savannakhet which ended in August.
Right now I'm here on the final 90 day stamp I got before the Visa became invalid.

I'm in the process of making a new passport due to lack of pages and that it will expire next year.

In my old passport I have a full-page stamp at my first page stating that I am allowed to stay in the country from XX to XX (90 days total), I can't really remember but I guess this must be a transferred stamp from my old Visa?

Now my questions are:

1. Can I just go to Savannakhet with all my documents in order with my old cancelled passport which still has my visa and valid stamp, then get the thai exit stamp and lao entry stamp in my new passport, then leave both the new and old passport to the consulate and get a new visa in my new passport?

2. If so... Why do I have this full-page stamp from Chaengwattana saying which period I'm allowed to stay? - Is it necessary to transfer a stamp like this unless you are going to do a yearly extension at the immigration in country etc.?

If possible I'd prefer to just take my new passport and old cancelled one, go to Savannakhet and make a new 1 year non imm O ME without going to Chaeng Wattana and transfer any stamps, but I'm really unsure if this is necessary or not?

I will attach the first page in my old passport from Chaeng Wattana.
Thanks in advance!

IMG_20190911_143116.jpg

Edited by banglassie

That page in you old passport really means nothing now. It only has info about your previous passport and the visa you used for entry and the stamp for that entry.

1. You will show both passports when you leave the country. Immigration will transfer your current entry to the new passport and stamp out of the country in it.

No need to show both passport to the consulate. You will only need your new passport.

2. Not sure why you were able to get that stamp before. Normally they do not do it unless you have a long stay extension.

Certainly not need to go to immigration to have your stamps transferred.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Not a good idea to allow Visa to elapse. Might be wrong but you could be on overstay. Best to get new Non O asap. Don't think 90 day works without valid Non O?

He has already used his non-o visa and has a valid 90 day entry.

Once in the country the visas validity means nothing since it only has to be valid to use for entry.

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

Not a good idea to allow Visa to elapse. Might be wrong but you could be on overstay. Best to get new Non O asap. Don't think 90 day works without valid Non O?

It is the Permission to Stay date you have to watch.