Update on 5 year Driving licence renewal,-Pattaya

ouredd

Ok,went there today with the wife,her renewal was September,mine October.Arrived 6.30am.There was 30 Thais in front of me,but the guy who was doing his thing,says foreigners stand in right hand line.So I was no.4,my wife was 31 in Thai line.At 8.30am my no was called and after checking paperwork told to come back 1130am.My wife had her paperwork checked and straight into the video room.My wife had her licence at 1045am and after all the shenennigans

the farangs went for the video at 1200.I finally left the place  at 1.30 pm with licence.Felt sorry for a couple of the old boys who could not work the remote control in the test and colour test.They were told to come back next day.If you know how to use app you can book you're appointment online.Also No Doctors certificate needed for 5 year renewal.I got one because I didn't want to be sent away,just in case. Place is a circus,but it's only once every 5 year,whatever!!

when I did mine in June(Surat Thani) I went into the video room with the thais, they all played on their phones the whole time it was on and no one watched it, pretty poorly done, explains why they dont know the rules or follow them and do as they please, they refuse to learn the rules in the first place

Ok thanks for the story but what paperwork did you actually have to provide?

Ok,went there today with the wife,her renewal was September,mine October.Arrived 6.30am.There was 30 Thais in front of me,but the guy who was doing his thing,says foreigners stand in right hand line.So I was no.4,my wife was 31 in Thai line.At 8.30am my no was called and after checking paperwork told to come back 1130am.My wife had her paperwork checked and straight into the video room.My wife had her licence at 1045am and after all the shenennigans
the farangs went for the video at 1200.I finally left the place  at 1.30 pm with licence.Felt sorry for a couple of the old boys who could not work the remote control in the test and colour test.They were told to come back next day.If you know how to use app you can book you're appointment online.Also No Doctors certificate needed for 5 year renewal.I got one because I didn't want to be sent away,just in case. Place is a circus,but it's only once every 5 year,whatever!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived