BANGKOK
snoop1130

Blow for PM Johnson as Scottish court rules suspension of parliament is unlawful

59 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

There I was adorning a local beach in unfeasibly small budgie smugglers, picking at a blue crab salad with ice cold Heineken to wash it down (left the wine cooler at home tsk), thinking life doesn’t get better than this when BOOOOMMMM, the news feed comes through that Boris has been screwed AGAIN !!!! How wrong I was, just how calamitous can this guy get ??

As I nearly smirked myself to death I pondered if Dominic Cummings was an equity how do you think his share price would have performed over the last couple of weeks ? 😂

I agree with everything you say, EXCEPT for liking Heineken.

• Like 1

He should now head straight to Dover jump off the cliff and tell us if the crash landing hurts preferably handcuffed to Farage and whispering Jeremy 🤔  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

More SNP tail wagging the dog 🙄

Under our constitution this is utter baloney as presumably will shortly become clear.

Key phrase: The UK government said it will appeal against the ruling to the Supreme Court in London.

Farage, ties and lies,  maybe you prefer,  lies and thais. 555

Edited by elliss
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, baboon said:

I would almost feel sorry for Johnson. But he is reaping what he sowed. He carped from the sidelines in order to get May out and secure the job for himself. Well now he has it, he must deliver and can't.

Now it his his turn to somehow have to placate the ERG, Farage, the DUP and the moderates in his own party. And the other half of the country who wish to Remain. Good luck with that. Oh, and with the Scots wanting the hell out of this debacle. 

You deserve it. Godspeed to that ditch.

Perhaps sadly, Boris' preferences are unlikely to be realised.

Regardless of where you, or I, or Boris, would like to see him, neither you, nor I, nor he, are willing to commit to taking any action to putting him there in that condition.

C'est la vie, as I am sure he will say in the future.

• Like 1

It's actually quite hilarious that his guy Alaxandra Pfeffled, or whatever his real name is, has never won a vote within British parliament. 

If Alexandra is the prime minister, why she is unable to win the votes of the people?

Silly stuff, I know.

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

EDIT: I have read a bit more regarding court supremacy and now seem more confused than ever. What I think (but very happy to be corrected if wrong) is that the Supreme Court is above all the courts in the land, but that they rule in accordance with the law of the court in question. Therefore the appeal to the Supreme Court will be that the Scots judges made an incorrect decision under Scots law. 

Someone who has learned something and changed their mind on the internet - surely a first!

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Amma09 said:

It's actually quite hilarious that his guy Alaxandra Pfeffled, or whatever his real name is, has never won a vote within British parliament. 

If Alexandra is the prime minister, why she is unable to win the votes of the people?

Silly stuff, I know.

Typo error , do you mean Alexandra ? , Post number 2..  I wont grouse about it .

Welcome back.. 555

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, baboon said:

I would almost feel sorry for Johnson. But he is reaping what he sowed. He carped from the sidelines in order to get May out and secure the job for himself. Well now he has it, he must deliver and can't.

Now it his his turn to somehow have to placate the ERG, Farage, the DUP and the moderates in his own party. And the other half of the country who wish to Remain. Good luck with that. Oh, and with the Scots wanting the hell out of this debacle. 

You deserve it. Godspeed to that ditch.

Might find you remainers will be out the frying pan and into the fire when this fiasco ends

Edited by kingdong
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1