BANGKOK
snoop1130

Buddhist group goes after Buddha-Ultraman artist, as abbot calls on society to forgive and forget

1 hour ago, Perhaps2more said:

Did I say otherwise? Your opinion is your own and your right but how you choose to see it tells more about yourself than you can imagine. 

An opinion, you again are entitled to have.

This is a forum, where people post opinions, readable for everyone, and thus subject to personal opinions and comments.

If one wants to address a personal message to a specific poster, he can;

no need than to post for everyone.

An opinion has no real value, it is what it is : a personal way of thinking/a personal approach of things.

Now there are always people who believe that their opinion has more importance that the opinion of others.

Usually those people are vainglorious, and want to let everyone know how good they are (supposed to be), in one or another domain.

I am not at all a connoisseur, but I remember something from a Buddhist quote

" With pride comes shame, with humility, wisdom "

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Perhaps2more said:

Did I say otherwise? Your opinion is your own and your right but how you choose to see it tells more about yourself than you can imagine. 

I wrote these answers to particular persons, without any intention for other people who were not involved to read because it probably made no real sense since outsiders did not converse with me in the first place and therefore would miss out a lot of what were said in details and the feeling of the comments.

To be fair, I wouldn't pass judgement on other people conversation unless I am involved.

Unfortunately, there are people who listen in on other people's conversation and express their feeling about everything, despite not really know the whole story. There are a lot of those strange people in this world.

You, Perhaps2more, a Buddhist, no way - your belittling put down language, failure to see anything other than what you consider is correct, says otherwise.

You may well consider you understand and call yourself Buddhist, but as far as applying what was taught - you are so far away from the truth, you're out of sight - luckily. 

And now blocked from further contact as your lack of anything rational is to say the least - boring. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Perhaps2more said:

People call themselves whatever they like, it does not mean they are what they've said.

But yet you want to condemn them as the people they've said they are.

If I called myself God, and then misbehave. Would you call me a bad God?

I think the correct term for someone that claims to be pious and is nothing but is a <deleted>.

3 hours ago, luckyluke said:

An opinion, you again are entitled to have.

This is a forum, where people post opinions, readable for everyone, and thus subject to personal opinions and comments.

If one wants to address a personal message to a specific poster, he can;

no need than to post for everyone.

An opinion has no real value, it is what it is : a personal way of thinking/a personal approach of things.

Now there are always people who believe that their opinion has more importance that the opinion of others.

Usually those people are vainglorious, and want to let everyone know how good they are (supposed to be), in one or another domain.

I am not at all a connoisseur, but I remember something from a Buddhist quote

" With pride comes shame, with humility, wisdom "

If it were true as you said that an opinion has no real value, how is it that it affects your feeling.

Nothing of real value can affect you. What would that tell about you?

Your Buddhist quote which you remember it from somewhere if it were Buddhist, is a good start for yourself.

I see no need in going private when answering a public comment but for people which the answer is not intended but he feels a lot for it should really question his own emotion.

An explanation giving out publicly can be seen in many ways by different people.

Some see that as an explanation.

Some see it as a show off.

Some see it as a threat.

Some see it as a command.

Some see it as unnecessary.

How they see it tells about each of them. The one that sees it as a show off, lives his life full of jealousy and the outcome is fear and tears.

Some of us have interfering neighbours unfortunately..

3 hours ago, Artisi said:

You, Perhaps2more, a Buddhist, no way - your belittling put down language, failure to see anything other than what you consider is correct, says otherwise.

You may well consider you understand and call yourself Buddhist, but as far as applying what was taught - you are so far away from the truth, you're out of sight - luckily. 

And now blocked from further contact as your lack of anything rational is to say the least - boring. 

How am I a Buddhist when you said I was trying very hard to be one? Have you short memory? Or you also can not understand yourself.

Which Buddhism are you talking about? Will that be the Thai Buddhism according to you?

Weak people always see everything in this world as a threat, unfortunately.

According to you I am so far from the truth, that means you know what the real truth is. Well done you !

45 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I think the correct term for someone that claims to be pious and is nothing but is a <deleted>.

Sorry your rude word got deleted by the system so better try again with a more polite word. I am curious to know what that was.

7 minutes ago, Perhaps2more said:

If it were true...

This post confirm my first thought, you think you are wise, and you are here to try to impress people.

You take : " What we think, we become " too literally.

No further reactions to you from my side.

33 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

This post confirm my first thought, you think you are wise, and you are here to try to impress people.

You take : " What we think, we become " too literally.

No further reactions to you from my side.

Should I say, you think you are stupid and you are not trying to impress anyone? Just to be opposite of what I am, according to your thinking.

Don't tell me you are the same. That can not be ?

As I said , how you choose to see things, tell so much about yourself.

Your first thought is confirmed by you, of course. ... Self inflicted Winner. Congratulations !

2 hours ago, Perhaps2more said:

Sorry your rude word got deleted by the system so better try again with a more polite word. I am curious to know what that was.

I think you can insert any word not passing TVF filter, so just pick your favorite, the gist of it will be same.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

5) Buddhism is personal. It is within which means you deal with yourself, not the world.

And there's the essence of the Buddha's teachings.  Personal.  He didn't expect his teachings to become a religion for either Monks or civilians.  It was all about personal growth as an individual.  Correct me if I'm wrong. 

You are correct. 

It really is a shame that perhaps2more can't see what people are saying in his rush to defend something only he can define. No one is criticizing Buddhism here. The criticism is of people who claim to be Buddhist but their actions say otherwise. Perhaps2more says those people are not really Buddhists. But there is a problem with that statement.  There is no definition of who is a Buddhist, beyond a person claiming to be one. So claiming to be Buddhist, and then failing entirely in practice would make you a bad Buddhist, not a non-Buddhist. Why not just accept that there are bad Buddhists out there, just as there are bad Christians, dentists, and cake decorators.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

It really is a shame that perhaps2more can't see what people are saying in his rush to defend something only he can define. No one is criticizing Buddhism here. The criticism is of people who claim to be Buddhist but their actions say otherwise. Perhaps2more says those people are not really Buddhists. But there is a problem with that statement.  There is no definition of who is a Buddhist, beyond a person claiming to be one. So claiming to be Buddhist, and then failing entirely in practice would make you a bad Buddhist, not a non-Buddhist. Why not just accept that there are bad Buddhists out there, just as there are bad Christians, dentists, and cake decorators.

Such a shame that you canuckamuck can not see that a person who does not practise Buddhism is not a Buddhist even if they call themselves one.

You are set in your belief that if they call themselves Buddhist then they are it. People can call themselves whatever, that does not mean they are one.

Would you call someone a painter if he/she does not paint?

Would you call someone a singer he/she does not sing?

You call someone an actor because he/she acts, not because they call themselves an actor.

Contrary to your belief that "There is no definition of who is a Buddhist."

Of course there is a definition of being a Buddhist.

How can you be a Buddhist if you do not practise it. Otherwise everyone in the world is Buddhist. 

If you are practising Buddhist but you fail some of the rules then you are perhaps a bad Buddhist, at least you are practising and you are learning.

Did you see I defend Buddhism anywhere? Quote it, if you can. I suggest you really read what I said properly before accusing me of this.

People say These Thais who got upset about the paintings are not Good Buddhist.

Some of you seemed to know Buddhism, so ask yourself how easy is it to accept and let things be. So far here, I have seen none of you do any of that.

As you have said there are bad people in every path of life, then why you all are complaining about Thai Buddhists? 

And Then one person turned up to say Thai Buddhism is far from the real Buddhism because there are so many things blended in to it.

There I have asked this person to separate pagan from Buddhism. Unfortunately the response was that I was trying to show myself as superior.

Some Thai people got upset about the painting, not because all of them think from religion perspective but rather cultural point of view also, where one learns to respect what is sacred to others. 

In your rush to accuse me of my replies to people who call Thai people bad Buddhist because some of these Thais follow their cultural belief, (such as, house spirit from old Brahmins' belief, and worship Gods from Hinduism, some pray to tree spirits), and they created an idiotic conclusion that it is a Thai Buddhism. To this I have tried to point out that you must separate, pagan and Buddhism.

But you are still going on, without reading anything properly thinking it is wise to just accuse me of trying to know better than others. 

My Explanation to a deaf ear?

..............but you can't make it drink.

18 minutes ago, Perhaps2more said:

Such a shame that you canuckamuck can not see that a person who does not practise Buddhism is not a Buddhist even if they call themselves one.

You are set in your belief that if they call themselves Buddhist then they are it. People can call themselves whatever, that does not mean they are one.

Would you call someone a painter if he/she does not paint?

Would you call someone a singer he/she does not sing?

You call someone an actor because he/she acts, not because they call themselves an actor.

Contrary to your belief that "There is no definition of who is a Buddhist."

Of course there is a definition of being a Buddhist.

How can you be a Buddhist if you do not practise it. Otherwise everyone in the world is Buddhist. 

If you are practising Buddhist but you fail some of the rules then you are perhaps a bad Buddhist, at least you are practising and you are learning.

Did you see I defend Buddhism anywhere? Quote it, if you can. I suggest you really read what I said properly before accusing me of this.

People say These Thais who got upset about the paintings are not Good Buddhist.

Some of you seemed to know Buddhism, so ask yourself how easy is it to accept and let things be. So far here, I have seen none of you do any of that.

As you have said there are bad people in every path of life, then why you all are complaining about Thai Buddhists? 

And Then one person turned up to say Thai Buddhism is far from the real Buddhism because there are so many things blended in to it.

There I have asked this person to separate pagan from Buddhism. Unfortunately the response was that I was trying to show myself as superior.

Some Thai people got upset about the painting, not because all of them think from religion perspective but rather cultural point of view also, where one learns to respect what is sacred to others. 

In your rush to accuse me of my replies to people who call Thai people bad Buddhist because some of these Thais follow their cultural belief, (such as, house spirit from old Brahmins' belief, and worship Gods from Hinduism, some pray to tree spirits), and they created an idiotic conclusion that it is a Thai Buddhism. To this I have tried to point out that you must separate, pagan and Buddhism.

But you are still going on, without reading anything properly thinking it is wise to just accuse me of trying to know better than others. 

My Explanation to a deaf ear?

..............but you can't make it drink.

Well, you may have some good points, but why don't you practice what you preach ?

No need to get so worked up about what other people think, that's not quite Buddhist.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, you may have some good points, but why don't you practice what you preach ?

No need to get so worked up about what other people think, that's not quite Buddhist.

And your assumption is... I am a Buddhist. Are you sure of that?

Am I preaching or answering comments from other people who referred to my comments.

If I was preaching, I would be saying things of my choice, thinking these should be what they needed to know.

It is quite different from answering people's comment. ... I am sure you know the differences.