BANGKOK
snoop1130

Buddhist group goes after Buddha-Ultraman artist, as abbot calls on society to forgive and forget

I think I have to stop following the news, thats to much for me now this country have other problems much more important to take care,when I like to be sad every morning after see all the news I can go back home... Same same.......

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand has millions of foreign visitors every year, and they could perceive the religion in a negative light due to these paintings, he said.

I'm not offended by the paintings at all... peoples feelings towards art is subjective and should remain so.

However I am offended by all blatant money laundering & hypocrites who spout Buddhism but are the biggest con merchants on earth...

• Like 1

Thais should spend more time cleaning up their own houses, including the Buddhist temples and their personnel and the vast wealth they seem to accrue, plus deal with the blatant corruption everywhere . Then can they honestly deal with possible insults relating to this depiction of Buddha, as a farang I get insulted almost daily but water off a ducks back I say . Pity Thais are unable to do that, pathetic. 

God help Jaroon and the gang! No one else will! Absolute disgrace to the teachings of true Buddhists!

i hope the artist and her promoters continue the good work of depicting society as they wish!

The real problem with this is that the "art" looks like it was done by a 12 year old.  The "artists" should go to Mecca and try there.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, DrTuner said:

'Thailand has millions of foreign visitors every year, and they could perceive the religion in a negative light due to these paintings, he said.'

Any religion that goes fundamental will be perceived in a very negative light. Seems Thai buddhism is going that way. Buddha would probably kick their <deleted> for idiocy.

What Tourists ??? … Do they mean the ones who never leave the airport and get a connecting flight out but at the same time boost the visitor figures... Oh they might have read about it.... I would push a case that the lawyer bringing the case has highlighted the issue and is in breach more than the artist ;o)"

No wonder Prayut can get away with murder when the country is up in arms over such trivial affairs. Keep the mob distracted, whether it's football, soap operas, gender and sexual orientation issues, religion etc. Same same everywhere. 

• Like 2

"Thailand has millions of foreign visitors every year, and they could perceive the religion in a negative light due to these paintings, he said."

I think the foreign visitors are more likely to perceive Thailand in a bad light due to the lack of freedom of expression, than these paintings, as freedom of expression and the creativity which it inspires is culturally embedded in many foreign countries. 

I never thought an opinion or assumption was any legal basis for laying charges against someone. Do the people making these charges have any evidence of this assertion or do they just think that as they feel the same - millions of people who they have never even met, must feel the same too? 

Listen to Phra Payom Kalayano. He seems to be the only intelligent person who has anything to say. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

The real problem with this is that the "art" looks like it was done by a 12 year old.  The "artists" should go to Mecca and try there.

And who are you to determine what "art" is?

It's AAArdvark...not Artfark!

Edited by Saint Nick

Maybe the rulerz would be happier if Buddha was carrying machine guns and wearing camouflage, more their style. Rambuddha.

• Like 1