BANGKOK
BestB

Doing business In Thailand an absolute nightmare

Troll comment and response removed.

6 hours ago, BestB said:
6 hours ago, William Osborne said:

....finding this thread quite amusing and actually LOL'ed at this statement....

I don't know anything about wholesale / export biz in Thailand but i know if i was a manager in some factory and some random unknown farang emails me (prob from a gmail acc 😉) looking for quotes and change packaging i would bin your emails as well.....

And that is why you are not in biz and know nothing about it

I think he's not the only one in this thread, look at the guy in the OP.................oooops

On 9/13/2019 at 5:32 PM, BestB said:

Should I also buy few a Benz and maybe then I be lucky enough and they will accept my money ?

do you actually realise how ridiculous it sounds? 

Thats just how thais do business.

Walk into a store in Malaysia / Singapore / Vietnam / china and you get your samples, price lists with multiple phone numbers to get back with someone in charge.

In Thailand you get ignored because they expect some butt kissing before they cheat you 😉.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 1:15 PM, Baerboxer said:

I can let you have a copy of my "How to do business successfully in Thailand" course at a very reasonable discounted rate. PM me!

😉

Why not just let him have it for free if you're finished with it.?

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2019 at 9:37 PM, BestB said:

The only thing that i can change is start going to their headoffice or factories which would be very time consuming, as phone calls and emails are not getting anywhere.

If you want to do business in Asia it is recommended to actually meet the people face to face first. Be friendly and non aggressive. Have the patience of Jesus!

• Like 1

Certainly glad I planned my life so that I would never have to get a job again or work here.

God, sounds like a nightmare good luck to all involved in any type of work or business here...

21 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

If you want to do business in Asia it is recommended to actually meet the people face to face first. Be friendly and non aggressive. Have the patience of Jesus!

You absolutely right but before any meetings need to know if they can supply the order . With oil believe it or not , so far all would not change packaging or size.

on the phone I ask them , if we do a contract , would you be able to change from standard 18 l to 20 l and instead of square tin into round tin and the answer so far is a no . 

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2019 at 6:04 PM, Will E Vormer said:

Property developing for rental is probably the best bet here. If you have a good marriage..

Been  on it for 10  years  or  more  now.

2 hours ago, BestB said:

You absolutely right but before any meetings need to know if they can supply the order . With oil believe it or not , so far all would not change packaging or size.

on the phone I ask them , if we do a contract , would you be able to change from standard 18 l to 20 l and instead of square tin into round tin and the answer so far is a no . 

Maybe you could offer to supply them with the 20 l packaging?

It also helps if when someone says 'no' I ask them why not? Though with Thais the answer may give you brain damage.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/13/2019 at 6:15 PM, BestB said:

And that is why you are not in biz and know nothing about it 👍

You really have no idea what you are talking about !

if you knew how many emails of idiots who visit Thailand for the first time and think that they are going to become millionaire by exporting something, that I receive, you would understand how it is just standard to ignore you when you don't even move your ash to visit us...

5 hours ago, BestB said:

R!-D!-CU-LOUS

• Haha 1

Strange how experiences differ. Looking for 100K ziplock type pouches (not exactly that but have picked the closest item people are familiar with) approached 8 companies on Ali Baba, 6 in China, 1 in Malaysia, I in Thailand. The contact details were from the company email address with a link so they could see how we used this product. Needed a single sample to do initial quality check, they weigh 1/4 oz...7g and cost less than $0.10, fit in an ordinary envelope, a greeting card would be heavier. Of the 5 Chinese companies that replied the cheapest shipping quote for 1 sample was $30, most expensive was @$55. OK so it would be deducted from the order....if I ordered. Both Malaysian and Thai companies put samples in the post within a day and no charge and we ended up doing business with both for slightly different specs.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2019 at 9:58 PM, BestB said:

Tried, same result. Got my Thai staff to do all the talking, some did not  know i existed , same result

Unless you speak Thai keep away from business , thai to thai negotiations will cost you with separate little deals going on in front of you at your expense of course

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Certainly glad I planned my life so that I would never have to get a job again or work here.

God, sounds like a nightmare good luck to all involved in any type of work or business here...

Totally agree

The thought of having to work here sends shivers down my spine, think i'd rather blow my brains out!