BANGKOK
BestB

Doing business In Thailand an absolute nightmare

13 minutes ago, Selatan said:

If it was just a retail customer then nobody bothers. But if the customer is an importer or wholesaler then it is not so straight-forward because the quantities are larger, which means any complication can mean a huge loss for the seller.

Deals that large are paid by bank guarantee upon receiving the goods. 

Downside for the seller, no upfront payment and seller carries the costs for a month or so

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BestB said:

Deals that large are paid by bank guarantee upon receiving the goods. 

Downside for the seller, no upfront payment and seller carries the costs for a month or so

Purposely rejecting goods do happen.

Just now, Selatan said:

Purposely rejecting goods do happen.

Can not comment , Have not seen or heard of such practice . Bank guarantee requires full deposit and bank holds the money. Just rejecting would not be acceptable excuse. If refused by customs is another matter. Even if received all rotten but it did get through customs then bank would release the payment to the seller 

21 hours ago, BestB said:

insane and totally illogical

..well that's TiT in a nutshell.

• Like 1

I was ripped off recently by a famous thai bathroom company with a fake German name, who'd asked me to design a range of products. Every step was a nightmare. Their word meant nothing. Totally shameless.

And selling stuff thru facebook marketplace. Thai's are the biggest timewasters. 

Property developing for rental is probably the best bet here. If you have a good marriage..

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BestB said:

Can not comment , Have not seen or heard of such practice . Bank guarantee requires full deposit and bank holds the money. Just rejecting would not be acceptable excuse. If refused by customs is another matter. Even if received all rotten but it did get through customs then bank would release the payment to the seller 

The exporter probably prefers to ship his perishable goods such as seafood and fruits to his familiar, trustworthy customer in Malaysia or Singapore rather than have to deal with all the documentation hassles when dealing with Letter of Credits, especially if the shipments are very frequent such as every few days.

22 hours ago, BestB said:

I do not know what more i can say, besides insane and totally illogical 

how did you approach them? As a businessman who would like to do business with then or as a company?

25 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

how did you approach them? As a businessman who would like to do business with then or as a company?

Already explained, emails and phone calls 

tried all approaches , as a company registered in Thailand , which i am, as an agent , as a sourcing manager for Oz companies , all with same result . 

Edited by BestB
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Selatan said:

The exporter probably prefers to ship his perishable goods such as seafood and fruits to his familiar, trustworthy customer in Malaysia or Singapore rather than have to deal with all the documentation hassles when dealing with Letter of Credits, especially if the shipments are very frequent such as every few days.

Whatever made you think other customers pay other ways? 

Are you  just playing a guessing game or actuality have experience ? 

I am having hard time believing you actually have any clue from post you make , with statements like export shipments every few days and containers being refused after bank guarantee has been issued. 

You do understand , this is not buying few kilos of apples to be shipped by dhl right? You do understand these are 20 ft containers that go by sea ?

each container is worth anywhere from $70000-$150000 worth of product. ?

ships carrying this containers do not sail on daily basis like daily flights there and back 

Edited by BestB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry OP, but someone who has been living here and doing business should not ask these stupid questions.

Really, you keep telling people that they know nothing when it's clearly you who has displayed how much you clearly know nothing with your initial questions.

Sorry, no offense, but accept it, you know nothing and it seems that you are not ready to know.

And before you reply me anything else stupid, I have been selling retail and wholesale from Thailand since 20 years, so yes, you can complain as much as you want, but you will still be wrong anyway. It's even funny that you ask to your staff to help when they seems to also know nothing ! Who not totally insane would relay on Thai staff for complicated business ?! Find people who know what they are doing and your life will be easier.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ReLo said:

Sorry OP, but someone who has been living here and doing business should not ask these stupid questions.

Really, you keep telling people that they know nothing when it's clearly you who has displayed how much you clearly know nothing with your initial questions.

Sorry, no offense, but accept it, you know nothing and it seems that you are not ready to know.

And before you reply me anything else stupid, I have been selling retail and wholesale from Thailand since 20 years, so yes, you can complain as much as you want, but you will still be wrong anyway. It's even funny that you ask to your staff to help when they seems to also know nothing ! Who not totally insane would relay on Thai staff for complicated business ?! Find people who know what they are doing and your life will be easier.

😂

You have been selling retail and wholesale from Thailand for 20 years, do tell more about the retail part selling FROM Thailand😂

What was your previous user name prior to reincarnation?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BestB said:

Whatever made you think other customers pay other ways? 

Are you  just playing a guessing game or actuality have experience ? 

I am having hard time believing you actually have any clue from post you make , with statements like export shipments every few days and containers being refused after bank guarantee has been issued. 

You do understand , this is not buying few kilos of apples to be shipped by dhl right? You do understand these are 20 ft containers that go by sea ?

each container is worth anywhere from $70000-$150000 worth of product. ?

ships carrying this containers do not sail on daily basis like daily flights there and back 

No trucks coming into Malaysia from Thailand?

4 minutes ago, Selatan said:

No trucks coming into Malaysia from Thailand?

So now you saying Thai exporters send seafood by trucks on daily basis to Malaysia, a country which has its own seafood industry?

Do the same trucks also drive to Singapore? as you did mention Singapore and Malaysia before

Edited by BestB

6 minutes ago, BestB said:

So now you saying Thai exporters send seafood by trucks on daily basis to Malaysia, a country which has its own seafood industry?

Malaysia imports 30% of its total fish consumption.