BANGKOK
BestB

Doing business In Thailand an absolute nightmare

17 minutes ago, BestB said:

Do the same trucks also drive to Singapore? as you did mention Singapore and Malaysia before

Yes they do. The North South Highway starts at Bukit Kayu Hitam at the Thai border at Sadao and ends at Johor Bahru, which is just one km from Singapore.

16 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Malaysia imports 30% of its total fish consumption.

i did not ask for statistics, you stated Thai exporters send by trucks to Malaysia, so it is your assertion that Thai seafood exporters send seafood to Malaysia by trucks on daily basis and you did say Singapore, so same exporters send it by trucks to Singapore also?

5 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Yes they do. The North South Highway starts at Bukit Kayu Hitam at the Thai border at Sadao and ends at Johor Bahru, which is just one km from Singapore.

Ok, so now you are asserting Thai exporters send seafood by trucks to Malaysia and Singapore on daily basis to their customers? right?

So let see some proof 

1 minute ago, BestB said:

i did not ask for statistics, you stated Thai exporters send by trucks to Malaysia, so it is your assertion that Thai seafood exporters send seafood to Malaysia by trucks on daily basis and you did say Singapore, so same exporters send it by trucks to Singapore also?

Of course send by trucks, or maybe even trains. Why choose to send by slow ships anyway for such a relative short distance, especially if they are perishable items? Sending by trucks to Penang from Bukit Kayu Hitam only takes around 2 to 3 hours.

Just now, Selatan said:

Of course send by trucks, or maybe even trains. Why choose to send by slow ships anyway for such a relative short distance, especially if they are perishable items? Sending by trucks to Penang from Bukit Kayu Hitam only takes around 2 to 3 hours.

1 truck is not enough, so they send one on daily basis to the same buyers, right?

Just now, BestB said:

1 truck is not enough, so they send one on daily basis to the same buyers, right?

The trucks usually would be carrying all kinds of stuffs, not just solely one type of goods, to many other customers, usually not just one.

2 minutes ago, Selatan said:

The trucks usually would be carrying all kinds of stuffs, not just solely one type of goods, to many other customers, usually not just one.

Your post 111

The exporter probably prefers to ship his perishable goods such as seafood and fruits to his familiar, trustworthy customer in Malaysia or Singapore rather than have to deal with all the documentation hassles when dealing with Letter of Credits, especially if the shipments are very frequent such as every few days.

So once again are you playing a guessing game?

• Like 1

Just now, BestB said:

Your post 111

The exporter probably prefers to ship his perishable goods such as seafood and fruits to his familiar, trustworthy customer in Malaysia or Singapore rather than have to deal with all the documentation hassles when dealing with Letter of Credits, especially if the shipments are very frequent such as every few days.

So once again are you playing a guessing game?

Have seen those trucks before. Full of frozen chickens, fish, fishballs etc.

1 minute ago, Selatan said:

Have seen those trucks before. Full of frozen chickens, fish, fishballs etc.

so you are playing guessing game, thank you, finally we got there

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 8:47 PM, BestB said:

so you are playing guessing game, thank you, finally we got there

Don't tell me you think Thailand is exporting air into Malaysia everyday?

Edited by blackcab
A picture copied from the Bangkok Post has been removed

On 9/12/2019 at 8:57 PM, Selatan said:

Don't tell me you think Thailand is exporting air into Malaysia everyday?

I only can see you playing guessing games, why is still beyond me

Nice pic by the way, shame it is not yours, crediting the source would be nice 

• Like 1

Just now, BestB said:

I only can see you playing guessing games, why is still beyond me

Nice pic by the way, shame it is not yours, crediting the source would be nice 

Why? Because it is very obvious. Doesn't make sense to ship perishable goods by sea to Malaysia. Why are you denying the very obvious? Nothing to win or lose here because we don't know each other. We just get to learn something.

Just now, Selatan said:

Why? Because it is very obvious. Doesn't make sense to ship perishable goods by sea to Malaysia. Why are you denying the very obvious? Nothing to win or lose here because we don't know each other. We just get to learn something.

What does Malaysia has to do with Australia? and orders of containers?

Do you know Malaysian buyers who buy from Thailand and pay upfront,? no you do not

Do you know what is inside the trucks in pic you stole from BKK post? no you do not

So what is the purpose of your posts is way way beyond me

I do not want to get to know you, this is not dating site

1 minute ago, BestB said:

What does Malaysia has to do with Australia? and orders of containers?

Do you know Malaysian buyers who buy from Thailand and pay upfront,? no you do not

Do you know what is inside the trucks in pic you stole from BKK post? no you do not

So what is the purpose of your posts is way way beyond me

I do not want to get to know you, this is not dating site

They probably have enough business. Not interested in taking more, especially if it involves a lot of hassles. Don't have to know exactly what are in those trucks. Definitely not empty air. Don't have to pay up front. Can pay after delivery. That I have seen because my neighbour was a fish buyer to turn the fish into salted fish.

1 minute ago, Selatan said:

They probably have enough business. Not interested in taking more, especially if it involves a lot of hassles. Don't have to know exactly what are in those trucks. Definitely not empty air. Don't have to pay up front. Can pay after delivery. That I have seen because my neighbour was a fish buyer to turn the fish into salted fish.

👍