UK citizen applying for US work visa

Since you are married to a US citizen, she simply needs to petition for you as a first preference immigrant

She would file an I-130, and as a US citizen she is legally entitled to bring her spouse to the US, where you'll as soon as your feet touch US soil be entitled to a greencard, Social Security Number, and basically full citizen rights including the ability to work wherever you want.

Work visa's, that covers a whole range of options, from H1-B, H2-A, L1, all of which are temporary, and with a whole bunch of hoops to jump through.

You're married to a US citizen, take the easiest and most bulletproof option of an immigrant visa 

@GinBoy2 Thank you. 

We have started filling out the I-130 form, however we become a little stuck when listing our address, which is in Thailand. The document requires a zip code and state. 

I am now thinking that I fill in this document using my thai address, and fill in my thai postal code instead of zip code. Any thoughts?

Thanks again

6 hours ago, Iwanm said:

@GinBoy2 Thank you. 

We have started filling out the I-130 form, however we become a little stuck when listing our address, which is in Thailand. The document requires a zip code and state. 

I am now thinking that I fill in this document using my thai address, and fill in my thai postal code instead of zip code. Any thoughts?

Thanks again

Now it's been several years since we did this, and I'm lazy, so we used 'TSL Thailand' to prepare all the documentation for us. I know I used to have all the docs they prepared, but they are long deleted at this point.

Now while this is a simple process, we're dealing with the Federal Government and they can be picky..talk to your wife, she'll understand.

Your Thai address is but a small part

You will need to get documentation from the UK, and the best to bite the bullet and pay someone to prepare it all for you.

The bad part is that USCIS in Bangkok is being shuttered this year, so you are doomed to file in the US lockbox.

Screw up on your documentation, it'll reset the clock

• 2 weeks later...

Work visa for America? 

Whoa, hold on there cowboy. Let me save you the pain. Don't. Do not go to USA for work. 

Unless you already have entensive business contacts in the USA, then you are going in at the same level as 150 million other workers many of whom already have contacts and more local on the ground knowledge than you and they're willing to work for low wages without holidays and you'll be expected to pay ridiculously high costs for healthcare as well.

But if you think you're part of the 1% go for it.  It's supercompetitive, and 99% of people don't make that club

Archived