BANGKOK
webfact

Thammanat claims he ‘just slept’ in Aussie lock-up

I wonder what the required qualifications are to be an mp would they be the same as in England zero

38 minutes ago, Grandpa Cool said:

NI've spent the last 2 days following and researching this story. Apparently there is a band of mafia thugs masquerading as Mr Niceguys with their snouts in the trough and they just can't get enough. 

After being caught red handed and making admissions in the Australian court and spending 4 years in prison for conspiracy to import 3.1kg of heroin from Thailand he was deported back to Thailand. To cover his tracks he has changed his name 4 times. Somehow he managed to get back into the Thai army.

It must pay well! He's accumulated estimated wealth of US$45 million, a stack of luxury vehicles and property, 2 wives, 7 children. Now the PM is protecting him.

Ah, we live in a world gone crazy.

It's amazing that it's come to light. Perhaps the accumulating knowledge in Thai society of their greedy corrupt political masters will precipitate a revolution!

Seri Ruam Thai Party leader, Pol Gen Sereepisuth Temeeyaves, yesterday claimed he was the one who urged the Australian newspaper to delve deeper into the drug case.

I'd watch my shadow, if I were him.

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Only very rarely does that occur, and it is a long involved expensive process.

His records still available through court and law libraries, and it seems from various newspaper sites.

Agree. Depends how desperate you are and what cost you are willing to pay.

I suppose like...If you wanted to be elected as an MP in another country and you had references from those high up in government or the involvement of those higher still.

However this guy seems to be covering his tracks or past with various name changes or variations.

Edited by Reigntax

5 hours ago, digger70 said:

Do you think that this is the only one who's lying ? There's no such thing/person as a Honest Politician.  No matter what country one looks at.

Including the Vatican :whistling:

• Haha 1

Having people like this is the government is just holding Thailand back. Come on Prayut, fire this evil man.

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Just wondering what this guy has on the PM  and why he's so important to the PM to force the latter to lie and go into great pains to deny and distort court documented facts of a serious criminal past, imprisonment and being an imposter labeling it a " small Issues" and let bygone be bygone"...

You don’t have to dig very hard to find information claiming that you know who built his wealth from drugs.

It’s not an uncommon source of income for the military in this region of the world.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

He even got himself a PhD from a non educational accredited Calamus Int. University. Probably bought on line. 

PhD = Piled high and Deep