Tax to rise on zero-alcohol beer

webfact

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Sorted, NO increase on tax. 

It's sad when greed and profit come before trying to improve people's health, by encouraging them to pack in. 

This policy is working, therefore we should delay it... Disgusted by these brainlets.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

This is strange!? 

I always thought that you should promote the better alternative.

Here they are adding more tax on that instead. Wonder what effect that will have?

Just like vaping... do everything possible to discourage healthier alternatives.

34 minutes ago, Bassosa said:

Figure this, my local 7-11 won't sell non-alcoholic beer between 2PM and 5PM.

In Tops they do. They even have a special sign telling you that you can buy non-alcoholic beer anytime of the day. Saying that; I do remember trying to buy some a while back and the lady in Tops said, "cannot". After explaining it's non-alcoholic like Coke or Pepsi, etc, she called over her manager and they compartmentalized their thoughts very hard. They thought long and hard and came to the conclusion that not only was I right, but I was 'keng mak', and decided to sell it to me. 

*Disclaimer: the non-alcoholic beer wasn't for me. 

This is absolutely the right way to go.   Give it a few more years and water will be taxed at 200% in order to deter people from drinking.

And what about grape juice ?   Surely, that can condemn a man (or woman) to drink. 

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why not just raise the tax on bad beer (alcohol) and lower it on good beer (no alcohol)?  How do people with no brains get into such elevated positions?

They travel to, say, Australia on a student visa, become big-scale drug dealers, return home rich and influential, able to buy votes...

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why not just raise the tax on bad beer (alcohol) and lower it on good beer (no alcohol)?  How do people with no brains get into such elevated positions?

Disagree. Totally.

You have it 100% <deleted> about tit.

Bad beer obviously has no alcohol in it.

Good beer has alcohol in it.

Call me old fashioned, but i have never understood this low/no alcohol beer stuff.

You wanna drink a beer, drink a beer.

You wanna not get drunk, or drink something non alcoholic - drink water, o juice or a coke.

Not rocket science.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

plans to raise the excise tax rate on zero-alcohol beer

Re the OP - excellent idea.

Tax the hell out of it i say.

3 hours ago, quadperfect said:

Where is this beer available anyway? Never seen it been looking for 13 years

Heineken sell “Heineken 00” which is available in some bars. I prefer it to orange juice when it’s my turn to drive on boys nights out. Haven’t checked 7/11 or supermarkets but not sure I’d want to drink it at home anyway.

5 hours ago, lkv said:

These people have run out of ideas of what else to tax

I don't believe they have , I think they are  planning to try and tax everything and everyone...........except themselves,  look  out for  lots  more tax  schemes.

Yet, no Income Tax on self employed Thais...

I suspect that if you were to look at the aggregate taxes/VAT paid through a persons natural consumer spending (on items and services that are subject to VAT- and remembering that there are some things that are VAT-exempt) and compare that value to what might be collected via that same persons true “earned” income (less the statutory personal exemptions, etc) that, when referring to those on the lower/est end of the salary range, that VAT ends up being a far bigger revenue generator as opposed to an income-based tax which would really only tax a very small net income figure after all deductions are taken.

I do think that those who are taxed on their income largely because they work for a “main stream” type of employer or job where salaries are paid in a manner that is inside the traditional tax reporting/collecting process, do get a somewhat raw deal... but I don’t think that this also means the self-employed get a totally free-ride from taxation either.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Bassosa said:

Figure this, my local 7-11 won't sell non-alcoholic beer between 2PM and 5PM.

How about Non Alcoholic water? I  bet if  you made it they wouldnt sell it  at those times too, they should tax  stupidity, they'd  make a fortune

Just because these fools cant brew alcohol free beer they are scared of loosing their clients. Better to drink alc free beer in a bar,if you dont like these sugar drinks, then having one with alc. Ok, not sure how many bars stock them yet. But if there would be a demand it could sell good

Archived